Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Poll: FAC 10, LRG Kids!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Poll: FAC 10: LRG Kids (34 member(s) have cast votes)

FAC 10: LRG Kids

1. theorgg: Baby Duggery (1 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

2. Tortle: Army Larvae (5 votes [14.71%])

Percentage of vote: 14.71%

3. Ericnilla: Baby Pirate Lion (6 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

4. Liz Sherman: Baby Kinnikuman (4 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

5. Scumdogg: Buffaloman is a Jerk (15 votes [44.12%])

Percentage of vote: 44.12%

6. Reccoom Kaboom: Sunigator as Lizard Liz (3 votes [8.82%])

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

Vote

#1 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:52 PM

Okay, nobody else was doing it, so here's a poll for this months Fan Art Challenge, L.R.G. Kids! Ya get one vote each, and voting will last 7 days. Good luck to all the entrants!!

1. theorgg: Baby Duggery
Attached File  Baby_Duggery.GIF   120.94K   21 downloads

2. Tortle: Army Larvae
Attached File  armylarvae.jpg   240.33K   33 downloads

3. Ericnilla: Baby Pirate Lion
Attached File  babypiratelionqu1.jpg   446.01K   32 downloads

4. Liz Sherman: Baby Kinnikuman
Attached File  musclekids.jpg   217.42K   18 downloads

5. Scumdogg: Buffaloman is a Jerk
Attached File  BuffalomanisaJerk.jpg   456.48K   61 downloads

6. Reccoom Kaboom: Sunigator as Lizard Liz

Attached File  sunigator_special.jpg   156.68K   36 downloads
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#2 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:04 PM

I chose Liz's because it made me think of like, a little kid who loves m.u.s.c.l.e. and has tons of crayoned pictures on construction paper all over his/her room. It made me really wish I could finally knock my little lady up so we can have a little critter running around, drawing stuff and being cute. :drinks:

#3 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:20 PM

I voted for the "Buffaloman is a Jerk" piece. I picked up the original, I liked it so much! :drinks:

#4 SpectreSuperSix5

SpectreSuperSix5

I am not a number. I'm a free man

• Old Guard
  • 2598 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, M.U.S.C.L.E., Xbox 360, firearms, grilling, muscle cars, zombies, and Cartoon Network.

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:23 AM

I picked Tortle's. Those Army Ants are cool!
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

#5 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:46 AM

Tortle congrats on a really awesome piece and great use of new mediums, but I went with "Baby Duggery" I promised myself I'd vote with slighty tweaked critera for this one and besides I've loved it the longest.

#6 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2008 - 06:00 AM

I wasn't sure how this contest would turn out. I have to admit I wasn't super impressed by the concept, by I was continually impressed by the entries.

theorgg & Liz Sherman both get an A for effort. While both had a simple look, both still were easily identifiable as MUSCLE figures.

Tortle: Great concept and great execution. This had a childish feel to it, but the detail was anything but childish. As I've been looking at Army Ants lately I recognized some Ants that looked like the figures, and some seemed completely original – whether this is correct or not, I enjoyed all the figures. I could see this picture as part of a toy's packaging.

Ericnilla: I just loved the FP armor. While the drawing is great that FP armor looks like an actual FP product. There's just something about the edges and curves that look FP. And while the quality of the drawing is second to none, the creepiness is equally there – although I can't quite put my finger on why. My best guess is that it looks both too animal and too human at the same time. It's like a snap shot from Dr. Moreau's nursery.

Scumdogg: This is just such a fun drawing. It has that great mix of quality, simplicity, and humor. What really struck me were the really good proportions on Terri-Bull and the big wheel. Sometimes when you see characters on something either the character or object ends up looking odd and/or out of proportion (the arms are too long, the legs too short, one leg too short, etc.) – this simply looks perfect.

Reccoom Kaboom: I believe for the second contest in a row I have to vote for Reccoom's entry. The quality and look are great, but it is the flawless integration that worked for me. He combined MUSCLE, GPK's, and the contest without anything seeming forced or out of place. The picture looks natural. It doesn't seem like a concept or cutesy. For me, this picture just looks like it is something that should be on a trading card.

Congratulations again to all the entries. Everyone's hard work has really become one of my favorite things about the board.

#7 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:11 PM

Veers sums it up pretty nicely. Like many of the previous contests, I am torn between a few of the entries. All pieces are wonderful. In the end, I went with Tortles piece for a few reasons. One thing I absolutely love about Tortle's work is that he changes it up every contest, where as some of the other members use the same equipment each and everytime. Which isnt a bad thing by any means, but I can really respect Tortle's variety that he has in his arsenal. effing construction paper???? That is awesome!!! Plus, although I pretty much only collect muscle and a couple other small lines, this is the LRG, not the Muscle or BB, so the fact that he threw in Army Ants as his concept vs the regular BB/Muscle was another reason I chose his piece.

The other piece that was very close behind was Scumdog's, I have really admired alot of his pieces lately. They are complex, yet easy to look at. Not sure if that makes sense, but what I mean is there isnt too much to the pieces, that koala BB he drew in the last one for example, is one of my favorites. This piece with buffalo man and Kinnikuman is just simply awesome! A lot of his pieces I noticed would look good on a T-shirt or something cause they arent overly detailed. I am in the process of making a shirt out of the claw piece he submitted for my contest, which I will post when I do finish. I think this piece would also make a fun T-shirt. I love it.

Great job everybody, I see improvements with each contest. I love these cotnests, they are really fun. Keep up the good work all.

#8 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:29 PM

I am in the process of making a shirt out of the claw piece he submitted for my contest, which I will post when I do finish.

:) That's awesome!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#9 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:04 PM

I'm gonna have to vote for Scummy this time around, but I like to think of his picture in a different light.

Kinnikuman was pretty selfish and greedy many times in the Manga, so I like to think he was being a dork and tried to take Buffaloman's big wheel, and got socked in the eye for it. :)

Posted Image

#10 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:27 PM

i think i'm turning into scumdogg's biggest fan. he locked my vote for sure. his style and composition is totally awesome. the way he has crafted this scene is perfect. i think veers was right about the technical aspects of the drawing, although i think he may have meant perspective more than proportion (both were dead on though). you see the joy in buffaloman's face and the absolute sorrow in kinnikuman's. and i don't think he's happy because he's riding a trike as much as it is that he took it away from kinnikuman. you can easily confuse his cartoon style for simplicity, but as you examine the picture the complexity jumps out at you like a 3d stereogram.

i loved tortle's pic as well. i had a ton of army ants as a kid and he's been able to create what i believe the larva toys would look like if there was ever a line produced.

ericnilla's astounding ability to make life-like renderings with a pencil is what's so creepy. no human can be that good. someone check him for cybernetic implants. truly dr. moreau will be calling him for patent infringement.

reccoom kaboom will be getting a call when they start a new line of cards. that painting is production quality.

we all know what happens when you put two babies together, and theorgg hit it right on the head. one will start picking on the other in no time. great work.

i think liz's shows some great creativity. the kendaman stick and ball game is priceless.

every contest everyone who enters does such a great job. the voting gets tighter and tighter. i love these contests so much and truly feel they're almost as fun as finding a new toy line to burn through your money.....almost. :)

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#11 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:33 PM

Thanks so much for the kind words, guys. :) Dan, you and i should collaborate, i'd like to color one of your pieces sometime. The coloring is always my favorite part. :lol:

I also agree with everyone's assessments on these drawings...it's another one just like the Beastformers Reanimated contest, i absolutely love every one of them. I love a lot of things about this board, but the fan art challenges are downright amazing.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#12 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:58 PM

great entries all around. not as many as in former contests, but that has no bearing on the quality. I just hope the voter turnout equals or surpasses.

Tortle got my vote this time, cuz construction paper rocks!
Posted Image

#13 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:37 PM

Tomorrow's the last day for voting everyone, i'll leave it up all day Thursday and close the poll as close to midnight (eastern time) as possible. :lol:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#14 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:44 PM

Winner needs to contact me for their $10.

#15 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:49 PM

Talk about by a land slide. :)

Posted Image

#16 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:16 PM

yeah i think scum won this one... good job man. =]

#17 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:35 PM

a deserved victory. but, don't print the front page story just yet. there's prolly a few stragglers waiting to tip the scales one way or the other.

#18 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:16 PM

yeah if i get 10 votes in a few hrs i have this thing... :)

#19 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:20 AM

Well, it ran a little longer than i'd planned, but doesn't look like we got any post-midnight votes anyway. I guess that's a wrap on FAC 10, a big thanks to all the participants and voters! ^_^
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#20 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:01 PM

congrats brew. this one was yours from the beginning.

#21 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:51 AM

I'll be sending yer patch tomorrow.
Posted Image

#22 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:01 PM

I'll be sending yer patch tomorrow.

Ohhh yeah, the patch. Sweet. ;) I was hoping i'd get one, then i completely forgot about it!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#23 Garatron75

Garatron75

Extraplanar Rollin' Klone Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Dinosaurs and Dragons, anything that's small and fits in a pocket good enough. I'm also a collector of Nintendo stuff and I also like the things that relate to me well, like Bikkuriman.

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:24 PM

I like the drawing where Buffaloman gets his trike back from Kinnikuman. It personally struck me as memorable of how Kinnikuman was a rotten kid when he was young and how Buffaloman was a heroic kid who was able to get his things back from him.

I was going to choose Tortle's drawing, but I was so confused that I ended up choosing Scummdog's instead.
I like Tortle's drawing too, it represents the possibility that Army Ants could begin making child soldiers fit for germ warfare and other things.
"Magor must be stopped. No matter the cost."
"It's about beating the game, the way it was meant to be fun."

#24 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:47 PM

uh.. garatron75 you do know that this contest has been over for a while, right? scumdogg already claimed the prize.

#25 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:03 PM

Yesss, my victory is complete!!! :lol:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com