• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:16 AM

Take a look at these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

You know, this wouldn't seem so surprising if the Italian web site would update someday.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:45 AM

I love Gormiti, but these are a bit lame.

Could this perhaps be the moment that the Gormiti toyline jumped the shark? It could be all downhill from here...

#3 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:51 AM

Well yeah, they are lame, but that's because the kids look lame. These seem to be some sort of previously unannounced addition to Elemental Fusion, though, and Fusion is a pretty cool set.

#4 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:28 AM

WTF??? :D I am shocked at this catatstrophe. Definitely a bad move for Gormiti. Who wants to collect cartoonish lame kids? ;)

#5 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:28 AM

So is Gormiti going to be the next PokeMeMon?

Really, I don't care for the kid figures, but it won't hamper my interest in the toys, as long as the level of pure awesomeness stays the same, in regards to the non-human characters.

#6 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Transformers, G.I.Joe, Star Wars, Battle Beasts, and Gormiti.

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:19 AM

Well I think this could be a bonus for Gormiti. I've only watched one episode of the cartoon and the kids play a key role. We all know that the line could benefit from the show be translated and aired stateside. I don't think it could do anything but be a plus for the line to introduce figures of the cartoon kids. It's not like the toy line focus could switch to Gormiti being a bunch of kid figures and not creatures, that would just not make sense.

#7 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:26 AM

I think Pokemon is LAME :D It is bad enough Gormiti is similar to the Pokemon game to a certain extent already. To add little kids, just bites Pokemon style a bit to hard for me ;) Not to mention where do these cheesy kids come from on the Island of Gorm? A separate secluded island? The Island of People? Are they the people of the people tribe? :D The kids do not add anything special to the line except for to make it lame and a knockoff. I vote to drop them from the line completely. I have not seen any of the Gormiti tv episodes so I do not know how the humans would fit in anyway. Does anyone care to explain how they fit in?

#8 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:20 AM

i would not even mind them, but they have crappy plastic stands :( :(

even if i had every single gormiti bar these kids i would not have them on account of the stands. Stands shatter the illusion that toys are just toys :)
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#9 SpyMagician

SpyMagician

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:38 AM

LOL, yeah.

I saw these in a recent Gormiti Magazine, but they appear to be part of another exclusive set, so of little real impact on the core line.

I think they are just there to capitalize on the popularity of the TV show, while the toylines seems to be moving along separately.

After all, the show still is focused on the same designs it started with, while Elemental Fusion has moved on and has yet (to the best of my knowledge) to be incorporated into the show.

Spy

#10 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:55 AM

Does anyone care to explain how they fit in?

At the end of the Final Evolution storyline, all of the Lords are sucked into a black hole, including Armageddon. Magmion, Lavion, and Deepdownfear were not, or somehow conveniently escaped. That leaves the four good tribes without leaders. That's where the Old Sage and that dinosuar fit in. He makes this dinosaur immortal and tasks it with waiting until it finds four humans worthy to become the new Gormiti Lords.

You know the Lord figures in Cartoon and Elemental Fusion? They're those four children.

#11 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:38 PM

Hence the reason why they have names like 'Toby! Lord of The Sea!' :)
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#12 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:50 PM

Yeah guys, this isn't "THE LINE IS OVER! IT'S NOTHING BUT KIDS NOW!" I mean, we've already gotten two figures of each kid's transformed state, they're just finally making the "normal" ones. The fact that Elemental Fusion is pretty much all non-cartoon (unless they're getting that plot armor) should say everything.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com