• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#26 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 11:51 AM

And this is the first time I've ever seen the Goalie on Ebay, so maybe he's hard to come by.

He's been there before. Not by himself, but in the complete set or Ramenman guys. Twice, If I remember correctly. He is extremely hard to come by, unless you have a Yahoo Japan account, then there's usually 2-3 sets on Yahoo Japan per month. But there are only 5 in the States that I have seen.
1. The original figure that started the whole thing.
2. Whoever won jshurts auction the first time
3. Whoever won jshurts auction the second time
4. Jshurts personal figure
5. The figure in the current auction.

#27 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 12:20 PM

My old buddy (Sam the Q) had an neon Orange Goalie M.U.S.C.L.E. in his possesion. It was not rubbery, and was the EXACT same type of plastic used for colored M.U.S.C.L.E.'s.

You know, now that I think about it, I have a few Ramenman figures that came in a lot of Kinnikuman figures. They're definitely made of a harder plastic than Kinnikuman, and are probably the same type of plastic as MUSCLEs. The major difference between them and MUSCLEs is that the color is slightly, but noticably, different. I didn't even consider them as possibilities of being MUSCLEs, though... I just assumed that's just the way the Ramenman figures were made.

Anyway, here's a pic of one of them below. It looks like Kinnikuman with armor! If you want to see the others, go here:

Collecting at Nathan's MUSCLE Page

... and click on Kinkeshi. The Ramenman figures are Ramenman and Ashura Man. Enjoy!

-Nathan

Attached Files

#28 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 12:44 PM

Those aren't from the Ramenman series, they're from Kinnikuman series 29, aka the Final Battle Collection (you can see the whole set here http://www.geocities...36/Part-29.html ). The ones in question are from the remade series in the early 90's, so they are a glossy plasticy rubber, somewhere between Kinnikuman original eraser rubber and MUSCLE plastic, in consistency. Nice figures. This is also the set that contains that Satan Cross (Sampson) figure that has sold for $50-$80 on eBay a few times. They came in a kewl blue box with nice pictures. And a figure insert inside that opened like a book to reveal all 12 figures. I have seen them in Green, Blue and "Kinnikuman Red"

Here is the complete set of Ramenman figures, currently on Yahoo Japan:
http://page2.auction...ction/b25357410
and the Ramen man Capsule that usually accompanies them:
http://page5.auction...ction/e13616919

#29 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 01:53 PM

:lol: Hah! that ramenman storage head thing frickin funny. i mean you could store cookies and sweets in there to. not just muscles
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#30 ploid

ploid

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 02:45 PM

Do you have to speak Japanese to bid on Yahoo Japan? Or is there a translation button?

#31 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 27 August 2002 - 02:46 PM

Not only do you have to speak in nihon-go. You have to have a japanese address, and a computer that can type in kanji and crap. Savages!!!

#32 ploid

ploid

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 02:49 PM

Man that stinks, oh well I guess I will have to wait until GEN 2 US if that ever happens

#33 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 05:42 PM

Those aren't from the Ramenman series, they're from Kinnikuman series 29, aka the Final Battle Collection

Ah! I'll be damned... (and I probably will be, too). Thanks for clearing that up! So, when was the Ramenman series? If it was about the same time as series 29, they might have switched plastics.

-Nathan

#34 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 06:28 PM

Early 90's. About the same time they re-released the Final Battle series in the harder plastic. I don't know when the orignals were released in eraser rubber, but it was early to mid 80's.

#35 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 09:48 AM

Its way too high for me too ha ha, I just got caught in the moment.

Are you going to let someone outbid you so you don't have to pay that outrageous price for that figure? I'm sure someone will, I mean, if you got caught up in the moment, it would be cool if someone relieved you of such an expensive buy. :lol:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#36 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 11:31 AM

No, I didn't mean to make it sound like that. I do want the figure, I had just suspected that that guy bid a hundred dollars, so I was inching up the bid little by little but never thought that the fist bid I placed would be high bid, so now I do have to worry about snipers, when in fact I was going to be the one sniping.

#37 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

Boobie Smooth the Politician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., now just the colored figs since i have a complete flesh set; video games; ebay; work

Posted 28 August 2002 - 02:59 PM

I had to bid on the damn thing, its status is gonna be up there with the other three ultra rare muscle figures, even though its not really a muscle figure. Whoever can go to japan should get about fifty of these guys and slowly sell them off, they would make a crapload of money.
Anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you, Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew - LZ

#38 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 06:11 PM

This may very well be the most expensive MUSCLE/Kinnikuman item ever sold on Ebay! I've never seen a single item go for this much! How about you, Johnny? You seem to have a good pulse on the Ebay MUSCLE auctions...

-Nathan

#39 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 06:32 PM

I think it is way too high for what it is, which is ONLY a Kinnikuman! I mean come on, really!!! :lol:

However, I do have to say that JShurt, the seller (Migetron on ebay), makes out with great sales all the time on his auctions. Almost every auction I see of his, which is usually Kinnikuman stuff, goes for a crap load of money. That's great for him though, it's really cool. He did sell me my Spinning Head Ashuraman after all, and does still own one himself. B)

Nice going, Jay!!! B)

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#40 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 08:58 PM

The most expensive single MUSCLE figure ever, went for a little less than $150. It was Jshurt's first spinning head Ashuraman. The most expensive Kinnikuman figure went for just shy of $80, it was a green Satan Cross(Sampson) from the Battle Collection. The seller didn't even know what he had, but he took GREAT pics. I sold a couple myself too. One of which topped $70.

Actually, alot of Jay's Kinnikuman auctions go for alot less than they should, because he usually sells too many items at the same time. It's when you have one or two items up that you get top dollar. Right now there are only a handful of collectors who will bid high on Kinnikuman/MUSCLE items, so if you list too much stuff, then they have to decide which items to get, and the different items usually go for alot less, because the different bidders usually have different priorities. Regardless, he always makes a profit, because he got his stuff from Yahoo Japan, last summer when it was still accessible. It's always nice to see him get top dollar for his stuff though. I know how much of a pain in the arse it is to get stuff over here from Yahoo Japan. Besides, he's an excellent guy to deal with. Cash or trade. He ships fast, gives accurate descriptions, and deals fairly.

#41 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 11:27 PM

I had no idea that Jay's first Spinning Head Ashuraman went for around $150. I guess I got a good deal on mine then, I paid $100. I can't remember how he came across the second one, I think this is the one I own now. But I do know that he lost the Black Hole Sunshine auction by a difference of around $15, if I am not mistaken. :p

There was also a third Spinning Head Ashuraman that was on ebay I think. I don't think that the one who owns it is still even known anymore. If a few popped up back then, where the hell are the rest that should be popping up on ebay. It's only a matter of time gentlemen. When it happens, I am probably going to crap myself!

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#42 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 07:04 AM

This Jshurt guy. Who is he? Also if he is the owner of all of these hella super rares, and all of the rares originate from him, how do we know he is not creating them somehow? Plus being the owner of all of these super rares, you'd think he would be a dedicated muscle head and posting here and everywhere. Why not? Where is he? Does he collect muscles or was he just a lucky sob that stumbled across some super rares? Whatever it is, he is about to make some money, lucky effer ha ha.

#43 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 07:06 AM

By the way beligerant, thanks for upping my price ha ha just teasing. All is fair game when it comes to these rares. I love ya guys, but I would snipe any one of you for a BHS or Ashura man.

#44 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 08:50 AM

But I do know that he lost the Black Hole Sunshine auction by a difference of around $15, if I am not mistaken.

Nope, that was me.
http://jk.ixystems.c...uscle/rares.htm

#45 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 08:55 AM

This Jshurt guy. Who is he? Also if he is the owner of all of these hella super rares, and all of the rares originate from him, how do we know he is not creating them somehow? Plus being the owner of all of these super rares, you'd think he would be a dedicated muscle head and posting here and everywhere. Why not? Where is he? Does he collect muscles or was he just a lucky sob that stumbled across some super rares? Whatever it is, he is about to make some money, lucky effer ha ha.

JShurt - The man - The Legend(just kidding)

He's a friend who's been on the email group for a LONG time.

He own's 1 super rare. Spinning head ashuraman. Kinnikuman and Ramen man figures are not generally rare. There just nearly impossible to get in the States.

Creating them?, :p good one!

Last I heard, he's been too busy to hit the board. He'll be here soon enough. He's still on the email group if anyone wants to give him a holler. You could also email him through the eBay email link (click on his eBay name Midgetron)

He's an avid collector of MUSCLEs and also Kinnikuman. His collection is quite nice.

I don't know exactly how he got the second Ashuraman thatARForbes now possesses, but I've heard that it was in a large lot he bought off eBay, and it was just in there.

#46 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 09:01 AM

But I do know that he lost the Black Hole Sunshine auction by a difference of around $15, if I am not mistaken.

Nope, that was me.
http://jk.ixystems.c...uscle/rares.htm

Oh yeah, that's right...for some reason I got you two confused. Sorry. :p

If you would have only known how rare BHS actually was! B)

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#47 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 09:05 AM

If you would have only known how rare BHS actually was!

If I would have only been certain that he was MUSCLE and not Kinnikuman.
If I would have only known someone else was bidding on it. :p

#48 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 12:09 PM

I hope this doesn't sound like criticism, but what is the appeal of this figure? Is it because of the nostalgia of when he was considered a real MUSCLE back in the old days?

alot of Jay's Kinnikuman auctions go for alot less than they should

Well, this should make up for whatever losses he had on those other auctions. $80.00 is alot of money for one figure.

-Nathan

#49 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 02:00 PM

what is the appeal of this figure? Is it because of the nostalgia of when he was considered a real MUSCLE back in the old days?

That's what I'd say it was. Nothing more, nothing less.

But then again, I'm not bidding $80 for it either, so ARForbes, Doc_Moore_J and Beligerant would be better versed at an answer.

#50 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 02:10 PM

$80 dammit, I thought it was 80 cents. I never pay more than 1 dollar a piece for muscles, or kinnikuman, or ramenman figures. Must be a typo.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com