• Please log in to reply
2319 replies to this topic

#76 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:07 AM

I really should have done it last night but I was really busy with all going on:

-Chp. 72: I don't see the problem of him interrupting, he is the Godfather of the Choujin: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8474
-Chp. 73: They don't make Robot Choujin like they used to: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8475

What Ataru's been up to lately:
Posted Image
Well someone has to keep her in line.

#77 Molanphy

Molanphy

Brazilian Choujin nº 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Anything that remembers Kinnikuman, and Bo-bobo

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:22 AM

Hi everyone, I don't want to jeopardize the process therefore I decided to quit.

#78 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:09 PM

Hi everyone, I don't want to jeopardize the process therefore I decided to quit.

Now I feel bad. D= Are you sure you don't want to try collabing?

#79 Molanphy

Molanphy

Brazilian Choujin nº 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Anything that remembers Kinnikuman, and Bo-bobo

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:30 PM

Please don't feel bad. I'm only 14 so I have a long time to improve my English and I am working hard to do it because I have a lot of relatives in the US. When I achieve my goal I hope we can work together again

#80 xxillegalxx

xxillegalxx

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:20 PM

I'm so glad someone is finally doing this. I've been waiting to get all the manga translated for 3 years. I remember reading all the ones off of toriyama's world, but they stopped doing it. Great job guys, you guys doing the ultimate muscle tag manga too?

#81 kinnikumask

kinnikumask

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:wrestling

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:30 PM

reading the kinnikuman manga has been my dream since i first started watching ultimate muscle thack you for making that dream come true :D
gamertag:kinnikumask

#82 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:54 AM

I've been talking with the other translator last night (the one who's been waiting for his Kinnikuman manga volumes to come in the mail) about what we're going to do after I finish with the fill-ins and we get started on essentially the three major arcs that are left. As it stands (primarily talking after I finish the America arc and some of the missing vol. 7 stuff), all that really remains are the three major arcs, who's chapter count goes as such:

-Golden Mask: 49 chapters
-Tag Tournament: 65 chapters
-Scramble for the Kinniku Throne: 114 chapters

Combining the "Golden Mask" and "Tag Tournament" chapters together, that's 114 chapters on it's own. We were thinking of splitting it up: he does all of the Throne arc, while I do the Golden Mask and the Tag Tournament. Thus, we both have something we can do...and maybe I can take a break and do some other series after I finish my share. (unless you want me to stick around for Nisei...but that may take a while)

Posted Image

#83 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:12 AM

Splitting the arc sounds good. You might go insane if you have to do ALL those chapters. XD

I should have 67 done soon, hopefully.

#84 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:48 AM

Splitting the arc sounds good. You might go insane if you have to do ALL those chapters. XD

Well considering how fast most of Kinnikuman has been at this point (shorter chapters and such), I have been able to do them rather easily up to this point, even faster in some respects than Bo-bobo. I know at a certain point (I'm certain it's the tag arc) the chapters get longer and they do a lot more explaining of all the insane stuff that's going on but as is I haven't had too much problems yet. But of course as I said: I have a lot of other projects I do want to at least start and maybe by ending my involvement (at this time) with the Tag Tournament might be for the best for myself. (but if there's ever a snag with the Throne arc, you know where to find me)

Posted Image

#85 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:22 PM

Yeah, the chapters are pretty short. I'm thankful for that. XD It makes releasing them quicker.

Speaking of which, finished 67. Hopefully KM's finished 65 so we can get these up on mangapudates and onemanga. And if no one else is doing them, I can get started on 68.

http://www.mediafire...krm/Kin0567.zip

I decided to just put "Scanlation by: Team Kinniku" down on the first page of the chapter. Hope that's alright.

#86 Kinnikuman_Muscle

Kinnikuman_Muscle

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:18 AM

Yeah, I'm gonna do the "Scramble for the Kinniku Throne Arc" and Ataru is gonna do the other two Arc's "Golden Mask" and "Tag Tournament". Also, Knuxie I like your text setting it's very nice, on page 4 on chapter 67 though it's "Title" as in (Championship Title) not "Tital". I Thought I should point that out at the moment, Also hit me up on AIM soon cause I have to give you something. Anyways, I'm out like the Spiral of Horror.

Edited by Kinnikuman_Muscle, 20 January 2009 - 05:06 AM.

Banned for making personal threats.

#87 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:18 AM

I'll probably start working on them again in a few days. How many chapters need to be done to catch up?
Posted Image

#88 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:04 AM

Please don't feel bad. I'm only 14 so I have a long time to improve my English and I am working hard to do it because I have a lot of relatives in the US. When I achieve my goal I hope we can work together again

Since English isn't your original language, why not translate from English to your native language? You could have another site that features your translated-translated work, and all that you'd need is credit to Ataru.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#89 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:33 AM

FFTT, thanks for pointing that out, KM. XD Typo on my part. I need to proof read more. Also, if I'm not on IM tonight again, just send the chapter to my email ( hsienko87 @ yahoo.com )

http://www.mediafire...imm/Kin0567.zip

I was gonna do 68, I haven't started yet though.

Edited by KnuxieChan, 20 January 2009 - 10:34 AM.

#90 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:15 PM

I wanted to do a couple chapters yesterday but somehow I started the first chapter of another Jump series (Cyborg Jii-chan G) on Monday and wanted to finish it so this was all just started today. I'm thinking of going back and forth between that series and Kinnikuman for the next few volumes (luckily it's only 4 volumes but I may start another after that) if it slows things down a bit on the Choujin front...unless you really want to just get the whole thing done now.

Chp. 74: Edith Harrison bathing with her warriors...this better not be some "Crying Game" scenario: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8571
Chp. 75: Wake me up when the chapter starts: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8572

Posted Image

#91 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:04 AM

I wanted to do a couple chapters yesterday but somehow I started the first chapter of another Jump series (Cyborg Jii-chan G) on Monday and wanted to finish it so this was all just started today. I'm thinking of going back and forth between that series and Kinnikuman for the next few volumes (luckily it's only 4 volumes but I may start another after that) if it slows things down a bit on the Choujin front...unless you really want to just get the whole thing done now.

Chp. 74: Edith Harrison bathing with her warriors...this better not be some "Crying Game" scenario: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8571
Chp. 75: Wake me up when the chapter starts: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8572

As much as I want Kinnikuman done ASAP, it would be worse for everyone if you ended up burning yourself out on it. Remember, all of us are doing it because we want to, not because we're obligated to, and that goes for you, too.

Edited by Stecase King, 22 January 2009 - 12:04 AM.

Posted Image

#92 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:21 PM

Yeah, I'd say work on whatever you want so you don't burn yourself out. We have a lot of chapters to keep us busy for a while anyways.

Got chapter 68 done. I flew through this. o_O Just hope the textsetting makes sense. I didn't know the names of the three groups so I translated the kanji on page 11.. then it turns out they're named at the end of the chapter. Fffft.. I found out I translated 2 right though. Yay!

http://www.mediafire...mgb/Kin0668.zip

God Phon Eric's an ass. His nose and bottom lip get bigger in each panel. And I wonder how Rhodes talks though that iron plate...

Also, the three origanizations reminded me of the dMP in Nisei.. I never realized how much Yude really does recycle old ideas.

Edited by KnuxieChan, 22 January 2009 - 01:23 PM.

#93 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:19 PM

I'm not trying to burn myself out, I really do like doing this. It keeps my day busy, let's just say that. Maybe I am burning too quickly through them but as I said before: many of these early chapters are just that short, probably due to the original gag nature of the manga and Jump usually not giving as many pages to gag series as they did to more serious action/drama stuff. But of course they do get more pages later...we're just not there yet. (though it is strange that considering 1.5 years were only in 6 volumes when many series have 5-6 volumes a year)

Chp. 76: It's the amazing adventures of the (beautiful and) powerful Ultra Woman! (oh yeah, there's some wrestling match too): http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8592
Chp. 77: Just remember when reading this: this isn't some cheesy sports movie...it's a semi-cheesy (but fun) shonen manga: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8593

Edited by SoldierAtaru, 22 January 2009 - 07:20 PM.

Posted Image

#94 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:37 PM

Er, since I'm doing 65 now.. They mention Kinkotsu and Iwao. Should I refer to them as their dub names or just use the original? I used the original in the later chapters without thinking about it.

#95 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:43 PM

Er, since I'm doing 65 now.. They mention Kinkotsu and Iwao. Should I refer to them as their dub names or just use the original? I used the original in the later chapters without thinking about it.

Really not sure myself: I use Kinkotsu and Iwao, but other translators have been using Skull Duggery and Rocky Cragg. I say we take it to a vote or discuss it with some of the others.

Posted Image

#96 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:20 PM

Rocky Slabb, you mean. XD

It doesn't matter to me, but sticking to the originals would be easier since I already called them by those names in the future chapters..

#97 Aelia

Aelia

Spess Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:06 PM

Well, I think you guys should just go ahead and use Skullduggery and Rocky since that is what you've been using since the very beginning. I'm not gonna say it isn't nice to stick with everything in SoldierAtaru's translations, but if you did change it right now that would mean you would probably have to go back and fix most of the old chapters.

#98 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:25 AM

Really not sure myself: I use Kinkotsu and Iwao, but other translators have been using Skull Duggery and Rocky Cragg. I say we take it to a vote or discuss it with some of the others.

TheOrgg used Rocky and SkullDuggery, so when I started, I just continued using them. I do like Rocky, but I'm pretty impartial about SkullDuggery.
Posted Image

#99 Kinnikuman_Muscle

Kinnikuman_Muscle

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:28 AM

Knuxie, Chapter 68 Page 03 it's "The Choujin Council" you spelled it "The Choujin Counsil". I'm also proof reading as I'm reading it as well so we don't make any further mistakes.

#100 Kinnikuman_Muscle

Kinnikuman_Muscle

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:43 AM

[Tash]
(TheOrgg used Rocky and SkullDuggery, so when I started, I just continued using them. I do like Rocky, but I'm pretty impartial about SkullDuggery.)

On my side, I hate the name "SkullDuggery" it reminds me of that horrible rapper from the mid 90's from "No Limit Records", aka "Master P's (Defunct Record Label)". Also, anything that resembles garbage such as that rapper in terms of using a name that was used as a "Dub Name" in Kinnikuman, should be scrapped. Sticking to the original names of all of the characters and concepts is what I'm all about, I'm not one for "Dubbing" something to be honest. That's just me, I dunno about all of you though but like everyone else I had to throw my 2 dollars in as well.

Edited by Kinnikuman_Muscle, 24 January 2009 - 04:44 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com