• Please log in to reply
2319 replies to this topic

#101 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:34 AM

We could just probably go with the Japanese name and make a note that equates it...I think we did that with Kinkotsuman's first chapter but I can't really remember at this point.

Well, I finally finished vol. 6, finishing off America and the first Tag Tourney! I made a lot of complaints at the end of chp. 79, but basically I think the America arc was great from start...until the moment the plane crashed on top of Robin Mask. The tag tournament was rather screwed up and it felt more like the Terryman series than the Kinnikuman one...even if Terry's story was still pretty good. But hey, when I return after another bit of translating something else, we're moving on to a few more fill-ins to finish vol. 7...and then it's onwards to the stuff everyone has been waiting for!

Chp. 78: If he can afford 100 tickets, how rich is Specialman anyway?: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8648
Chp. 79: And after several false starts, Terryman finally does that move!: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8649
Chp. 80: And now...the stupidest title loss in manga history: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8650

What Ataru's been up to lately:
Posted Image
Well someone has to keep her in line.

#102 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:48 AM

Graaah. I thought I fixed all those Counsil/Council typos. DX

And you guys are so indesicive. I don't know what to go by. XD

Edited by KnuxieChan, 24 January 2009 - 08:49 AM.

#103 Kinnikuman_Muscle

Kinnikuman_Muscle

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:35 PM

Graaah. I thought I fixed all those Counsil/Council typos. DX

And you guys are so indesicive. I don't know what to go by. XD

Haha, Knuxie you bet we are XD. By the way did anyone ever work on text setting "Chapter 66" ?
Banned for making personal threats.

#104 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:40 PM

I did. I've done 65-68.

I'll go ahead and use Kinkotsu and just leave a note explaining the name change.

Edit: Fixed the typo in 68.
http://www.mediafire...z5d/Kin0668.zip

And uploaded 65.
http://www.mediafire...zdz/Kin0565.zip

If everything looks alright on chapter 65, I'll upload the full volume.

Edited by KnuxieChan, 24 January 2009 - 12:51 PM.

#105 Kinnikuman_Muscle

Kinnikuman_Muscle

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:58 PM

Hey Knuxie, on "Chapter 65 Page 07" Skull Bozo says "in front" you put "infront" together. And also when Alien Sheik talks to him he doesn't say "Skull" he says "Bozo". On "Pages 08 and 11" the word "Belt" is in caps every time they refer to it. Cause it's something big when it's brought up, like a "big deal" since it's the biggest belt to hold in the universe.

#106 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

Fixed. The volumes will be on the website soon, along with the full download for Volume 5. I'll let mangaupdates know as soon as it's done uploading.

Edited by KnuxieChan, 24 January 2009 - 08:58 PM.

#107 Matto

Matto

D:<

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:44 PM

Viz should take lessons on how to release manga faster. The pace is just mind-blowing guys!
Mantaro gasped as Kid pulled him closer, reaching for his mask.

#108 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:39 AM

Viz should take lessons on how to release manga faster. The pace is just mind-blowing guys!

Well, we aren't editing SFX into English anymore.. so that cuts down on a lot of time. XD If I still had to do them, we'd be going at an uber slow pace.

#109 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:43 PM

Well, we aren't editing SFX into English anymore.. so that cuts down on a lot of time. XD If I still had to do them, we'd be going at an uber slow pace.

I think Viz is the only manga company that actually erases the Japanese SFX and replaces them with English ones, anyway.

Chapter 69: There. He's Iwao now. I hope you people are happy.
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=UU577BGI

I was supposed to get this corrected before posting it, but I'm really not in the mood to send it through a middle-man at the moment.

Edited by fuzzbuster, 24 January 2012 - 09:45 AM.

Posted Image

#110 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:45 PM

What? Why Iwao?

When did that get decided?

His NAME means "Rock like!"

Now I'm sad. :unsure:
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#111 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:47 PM

What? Why Iwao?

When did that get decided?

His NAME means "Rock like!"

Now I'm sad. :unsure:

Everyone else insisted on it, and I got tired of trying to argue in favor of it. (I don't give a crap about the other guy's name, though)
Posted Image

#112 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:01 PM

Who? Where? *looks at previous discussion*

I'd like to see the logic behind it.

So is Duggy still Skullduggery? Or is he going into Kinkosuman?
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

#113 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:31 PM

He's Kinkotsuman. Sorry, Orgg. D=

#114 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:31 PM

Who? Where? *looks at previous discussion*

I'd like to see the logic behind it.

So is Duggy still Skullduggery? Or is he going into Kinkosuman?

No, and "Skullduggery" really shouldn't have been used in the first place, since it has nothing to do with his Japanese name. ("Rocky" is an actual translation, though) I just used it because you did.

I won't forget the loss of Rocky.

Edited by Stecase King, 26 January 2009 - 02:34 PM.

Posted Image

#115 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:28 AM

Just read the new chapters...

I thought that "Loser Choujins" was what SD and Slab were?

#116 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:44 AM

Just read the new chapters...

I thought that "Loser Choujins" was what SD and Slab were?

They both have chojin power, but they aren't chojin. Rocky is clearly introduced as a kaijuu, but I don't even think Yude knows what Kinkotsuman is. He's just a somewhat humanoid alien with qualities of both a chojin and kaijuu, but he isn't technically either. (although he gets called both)
Posted Image

#117 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:32 AM

I was talking about the translation. I understand with the notation of them being 'bottom' or 'bundle of stick-end choujins' is a double entandre of 'poor' or 'loser' and 'homosexual,' but I think it's safe to lose the secondary meaning and go with 'loser' instead of 'bottom' (or whatever word was chosen to use). That's how it was originally translated on Wikipedia, and it really is descriptive of what they are in the series.

#118 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:13 PM

Yeah, I was kinda confused by the "bottom" thing as well when I was working on the chapter.

#119 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:00 PM

Chapter 70: The return of Robin Mask
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=B6J4M225

Edited by fuzzbuster, 24 January 2012 - 09:46 AM.

Posted Image

#120 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:15 PM

I don't really know myself. How I translated it was that essentially those two were the dregs of Choujin. Not really losers, just like the bottom of the barrel compared to stronger or more powerful Choujin out there. I think I sort of just saw it like that so that God Phon Eric could say "well if you're Choujin, then you can take part in the tag tourney".

What Ataru's been up to lately:
Posted Image
Well someone has to keep her in line.

#121 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:27 PM

I'm sorry the chapters are coming so slowly on my end. I have a hard time getting motivated when I have a backlog. It's easier for me to just do them as they come.
Posted Image

#122 Meat's fan

Meat's fan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Interests:anime

writing stories

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:50 AM

Hey, why isn't there anymore chapters in manga fox?

"Anger and Hatred, they cause lots of problems, yet it's hard to avoid."

#123 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:08 AM

Hey, why isn't there anymore chapters in manga fox?

Because nobody bothered to upload them. Just go to "upload chapter", then upload the .rar.
Posted Image

#124 Kinnikuman_Muscle

Kinnikuman_Muscle

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:47 AM

Hey, Sorry I been gone I had to take care of some "personal matters" on my end. Everything's good now, Anyways how's Kinnikuman coming along and how's everybody doing?

Edited by Kinnikuman_Muscle, 31 January 2009 - 11:48 AM.

#125 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:17 PM

Hey, Sorry I been gone I had to take care of some "personal matters" on my end. Everything's good now, Anyways how's Kinnikuman coming along and how's everybody doing?

Halfway through 70 or 71 or whatever the next chapter is. It's going very slowly.

EDIT: Finally.

Chapter 71: The most embarrassing moment in the series.

http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=BP6854W0

Edited by fuzzbuster, 24 January 2012 - 09:47 AM.

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com