#51 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:Brains

Posted 24 February 2005 - 09:04 PM

I've been to 3 Walmarts and I couldn't find them. Maybe my area hasn't gotten them in yet. Thanks for the red box pics Tortle. Those Warlords are really sweet looking, but that Shadow Temmor is starting to become the bane of my existence.

Anyway, here is a rundown of my packs I opened today for comparison. (I have that addiction gene that ToM has, I think :huh: ) Two of my packs had 2 hypers and 1 crystal, which was pretty cool.

#14 Aknar(Uncommon)(Hyper)was visible.
It contained:
#29 Curser (Common)(Shadow)
#11 Tendril (Uncommon)(Shadow)
#33 Wort (Common)(Shadow)
#35 Gregor (Common)(Crystal)

#29 Curser(Common)(Hyper) was visible.
It contained:
#5 Infernus(Rare)(Shadow)
#24 Stryke(Common)(Shadow)
#36 Master Wu(Common)(Shadow)
#11 Tendril(Uncommon)(Hyper)

#30 Chain(Common)(Hyper) was visible.
It contained:
#11 Tendril(Uncommon)(Shadow)
#15 Barrage(Uncommon)(Shadow)
#27 Strog(Common)(Hyper)
#24 Stryke(Common)(Crystal)

#31 H-8T(Common)(Hyper) was visible.
It contained:
#35 Gregor(Common)(Shadow)
#8 Grondar(Rare)(Shadow)
#23 Tremmor(Common(Hyper)
#13 Maneta(Uncommon)(Crystal)

#33 Wort(Common)(Hyper) was visible.
It contained:
#6 Grush(Rare)(Shadow)
#31 H-8T(Common)(Shadow)
#26 Frost(Common(Shadow)
#17 Anubor (Uncommon)(Hyper)

if there not random how could you get xar

Maybe 2 packs are random and might contain Xar. (I guess it doesn't really matter if they are random or not since you don't have any markers to identify them anyway.) As for the Secret profiles....Maybe those are also hard to find and in 2 packs only or perhaps they are previews for series 2?

#52 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 09:56 PM

Ok, I have been doing some thinking and calculating and here is my latest theory. If we assume that the Secret figures are not a part of Series 1, we have 43 sculpts. 7 of those sculpts are only available in Hyper, while the other 36 are available in 3 styles. 36x3=108+7=115 figures total. Now, with 8 packs opened, I have 35 unique figures.

Now, assuming that there are indeed 27 unique packs (Common and Uncommon Hypers in the window and all packs with the same figure in the window will have the same contents) 1/3rd of that would be 9 packs. 1/3 of 115 is approximately 38. If I open 1 more pack, I'll have opened 1/3rd of the possible packs and 1/3rd of the accessories. If I get only 3 unique figures in that next pack, I will have 38 unique figures, the approximate 1/3rd of the total figures.

So, it is possible perhaps, that you can get a full set by buying all 27 unique packs. Since Xar is the most rare, perhaps there is a pack where he is the only unique figure (there are packs that have Hypers inside that were in the windows of other packs), and that pack is very hard to find. Now, this is full of a ton of assumptions and of course, assumes that no figure is unique to the 2 packs, but I figured I'd share what's going through my head at 1:00am. :huh: (haha, and just a page ago I said I wouldn't be seriously collecting these. The mystery has me hooked!)

Sadly, my theory does break down in that there are 36 crystal figures and no one has seen more than 1 crystal in a pack, so it'd be impossible to get them all in 27 packs. (I only have 4 crystals, 1/9th of the total :p ) Back to the drawing board....

#53 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 25 February 2005 - 02:57 AM

Okay, since Monkey opened 3 packs and got a Hisss (but wasn't sure which had the Hisss) and Zombie opened an Aknar and Cursor and didn't get one, that leaves Barrage as a possible pack with Hisss in it. I've got one of those and will give it to my kid this morning to see if he gets a Hisss. If he does the whole "Rareness" factor can be tossed out the window. If Hisss is "Ultra Rare" but comes with every pack with Barrage visible, shouldn't that make Barrage Ultra rare also? The only thing I can think of is that, the Ultra-Rares are scattered less throughout the two packs, otherwise it's all BS. Anyone know if Mighty Beans have the same packing, each visible has the same hidden Beans? I'm going to send an email to the company suggesting Series 2 be more random....

#54 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 25 February 2005 - 04:25 AM

Here's some possibly good news. The 5 pack with the visible Barrage had the following:

4. Spidok- shadow
27. Strog- crystal
36. Master Wu- shadow
37. Chogotai- shadow

If Monkey had a Barrage visible, then these are different than the figures he got. Not only did I get a different Ultra-rare, but the other figures are different also. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

#55 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 08:30 AM

I think I saw Barrage at one of the stores I went to. I'll try and pick him up tommorrow since I probably won't have a chance today.

Edited by Zombie, 25 February 2005 - 08:31 AM.

#56 SpectreSuperSix5

SpectreSuperSix5

I am not a number. I'm a free man

• Old Guard
  • 2598 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, M.U.S.C.L.E., Xbox 360, firearms, grilling, muscle cars, zombies, and Cartoon Network.

Posted 25 February 2005 - 08:53 AM

Okay guys. Here's what I got from my order with Amazon.

Pack 1
--------------
15. Barage (h)(showing)
31. H-8T(h)
35. Gregor©
9. Slaughta(s)
36. Master Wu(s)

Pack 2
--------------
32. Stench (h)(showing)
15. Barage (h) (a double already)
29. Cursor (s)
21. Blackheart(s)
25. Maelstorm©

Pack 3
--------------
21. Blackheart (h)(showing)
12. Aquo(s)
29. Cursor(h)
35. Gregor© (another double)
28.Skwall(s)

Pack 4
--------------
34. Mantorr(h)(showing)
14. Aknar(h)
28.Skwall©
35. Gregor(s)
3. Hisss(s)(ultra rare!)

Red Fist
------------
43. Cowl (Cowl pictured on the box)

I'm headed to walmart now to see what I can find. I'll update again later.
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

#57 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 09:07 AM

Okay guys. Here's what I got from my order with Amazon.

Pack 1
--------------
15. Barage (h)(showing)
31. H-8T(h)
35. GregorĀ©
9. Slaughta(s)
36. Master Wu(s)

Cool. So packs with the same visible character, there's a chance of getting the same hidden and there's a chance you won't. Maybe they switch it up after so many are produced.

#58 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 09:39 AM

Hmm, now I am wondering if they aren't random, but if there are several standard combinations per unique figure in the window. Or perhaps there is one standard set and the rest are random? Argh! By the way, looks like SSS5's Blackheart pack is different from mine as well.

#59 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 09:47 AM

Hmm, now I am wondering if they aren't random, but if there are several standard combinations per unique figure in the window.  Or perhaps there is one standard set and the rest are random? Argh!  By the way, looks like SSS5's Blackheart pack is different from mine as well.

I was wondering that too, since Monkey got a Hisss with his Barrage and I got a Spidock.

I just ordered the Battle Box from amazon. They didn't have it last night at TRU. They had the 5 packs, 2 packs and cases and they were all hard to find. They were on a very small shelf space on the lower shelves near the collectible cards. I'm really hoping this line catches on.

Edited by Goriki, 25 February 2005 - 09:48 AM.

#60 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 02:58 PM

Anybody get any guys with a value of zero? I've got a shadow Wort figure with "0" on his foot. I thought that was odd, they don't list zero for him on the website.

#61 Teacher of Madness

Teacher of Madness

Boardest Gamer in the Land!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Toys and board games aplenty

Posted 25 February 2005 - 03:06 PM

Okay, so I went and bought 10 2-packs today to see what we could see. Every two pack I have gotten so far has come with one shadow figure, and the either a hyper or crystal. After opening the packs, here's what I got.

4 Spidok H
5 Infernus s
6 Grush H
12 Aquo H
14 Aknar S
20 Skurge C
21 Blackheart S C (Blackheart becomes the first character I have all versions of)
23 Tremor H
27 Strog S
28 Skwall Hx2
29 Cursor S
30 Chain S
31 H-8T C
34 Manto S H
35 Gregor S
37 Chogotai S

The spread seems nice with the 2-packs, but they're so damned expensive. And with the investigative reporting going on with these things it's good to see that they might not be quite as purposely distributed as we thought.

Now I have to go and hide my credit cards from myself so I don't buy any more of these.

At least until the other accessories are avaliable.
"There's a fine line between sayings that make sense."

#62 Teacher of Madness

Teacher of Madness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 03:09 PM

Yeah, at first I thought 0 value was odd, but if you think about it in context with the game rules that's a wonderful thing. You can add as many 0 characters to your army as you like without raising your army value, and so when you toss them down you have a much greater chance of having more face-up figures than your opponent (assuming he hasn't done the same thing). Statistically, having more 0 characters on your side, and thus having more characters period increases your odds of winning the tosses.

So finally, a game with useful crappy figures.

#63 chet zesty

chet zesty

lurking, always lurking...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 08:32 AM

All right, these looked cool enough to drop six bucks on a pack. Here's who I got:

27-Strog - Visible (Common) (Hyper)
3-Hisss (Ultra Rare) (Shadow)
17-Anubor (Uncommon) (Hyper)
30-Chain (Common) (Crystal)
37-Chogotai (Common) (Shadow)

Here's a pic. I like both of the hypers and the crystal enough that I'll probably pick up some more packs.

Attached Files

#64 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 02:58 PM

i went to a differrent walmart and found 2-packs and 5-packs and i got 1 of each here are the charectars:
2-pack
slaughta:h
master wu:s
5-pack
anubor:s
chain:h(veiwable)
wort:h
stench:c
anakar:s

#65 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 05:29 PM

I'm not going back and scanning the whole thread but does anyone have all 3 types of a character yet? We've opened 6 of our 12 5-packs and have a crystal, hyper and shadow version of 27. Strog.

#66 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 05:35 PM

I'm not going back and scanning the whole thread but does anyone have all 3 types of a character yet? We've opened 6 of our 12 5-packs and have a crystal, hyper and shadow version of 27. Strog.

I have a chain hyper and shadow and chet zesty has chain in cyrstal

#67 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 05:48 PM

I have a chain hyper and shadow and chet zesty has chain in cyrstal

I'm not questioning that all 3 exist for a certain character, I was just wondering if anyone had acquired 3 of a kind yet. Sorry if I was unclear.

#68 SpectreSuperSix5

SpectreSuperSix5

• Old Guard
  • 2598 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, M.U.S.C.L.E., Xbox 360, firearms, grilling, muscle cars, zombies, and Cartoon Network.

Posted 26 February 2005 - 06:43 PM

Both my Walmart and my Toys R Us was a bust. Neither had any FOP. I'm wondering if Target may carry these.

#69 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 07:05 PM

Both my Walmart and my Toys R Us was a bust. Neither had any FOP. I'm wondering if Target may carry these.

look in the cheap generic toy section at walmart

Edited by The Monkey King, 27 February 2005 - 11:16 AM.

#70 Teacher of Madness

Teacher of Madness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 06:32 AM

Back to Goriki's question, I have all three versions of 21 Blackheart so far. Obviously I'm missing crystal on most of them, and I keep getting Doubles of crystals which doesn't help.

#71 SpectreSuperSix5

SpectreSuperSix5

• Old Guard
  • 2598 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 11:23 AM

Check out the pinned thread under "Got Toys" for double lists. Please read the rules of the thread before posting your doubles.

#72 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 12:53 PM

Back to Goriki's question, I have all three versions of 21 Blackheart so far. Obviously I'm missing crystal on most of them, and I keep getting Doubles of crystals which doesn't help.

We now have all 3 of Tremmor, Maelstorm & Chogotai.

We went to a different Toys r Us today. First, it was 10x better than our normal store. Much more toys and still set up like they used to be when I was a kid. We picked up 4 more 5 packs and this time they had them near an end cap near the learning toys and games. We just happened upon them, but the good news is there had been people buying them, the pegs weren't full.

Something even more interesting is that when I went to pay, the lady informed me of a flyer with info on the game. I picked it up and apparently they're having an organized game at the Toys r Us on March 26. I've scanned the flyer for you guys to see. We'll (my son, my wife and I) probably end up going. This will be a very different experience. I've been to comic book shows but never anything like this. I'm hoping it will be more directed at kids....

#73 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 01:24 PM

[quote name='The Monkey King' date='Feb 27 2005, 01:06 PM'] [quote name='Goriki' date='Feb 27 2005, 02:53 PM'] but the good news is there had been people buying them, the pegs weren't full.
[/quote]
Haha, I finally found the pegs for these at a Walmart yesterday and there was nothing there. I don't know if someone bought them all or if they were just not shelved yet. No luck on finding the arena yet though, not even the sticker for where it should be.

#74 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 11:32 PM

I finally picked up that Barrage pack. It had:

#15 Barrage(Uncommon)(Hyper)was visible.
It contained:
#32 Stench (Common)(Shadow)
#9 Slaughta (Rare)(Shadow)
#4 Spidok (Ultra Rare)(Hyper)
#31 H-8T (Common)(Crystal)

So, My pack seems different than everyone elses, but I got some of the same figures, or the same sculpt in a different form. With 3 people getting an Ultra Rare in a Barrage pack, it makes me wonder if it is coincidence or if certain visible characters are more likely to have super rares.

#75 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:24 PM

does anyone elses barrage have a sloppy paint job in hyper?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com