#1 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:07 AM

Ok,

After I spent 4 hours of clean up on the "collection photos" thread...I personally LIKE the "Cleaned Up" look to that topic area.

SOOOOOOOOOO...

I was wonderin' if WITH the combined effort of Jkaris, Myself, and possibly Lord (if he has time to help us)...we could create new topics under "Customs" that are each customizer's own personal thread with ALL their customs in one thread!!! There would still be comments from those wanting to post comments (unlike the collection photos threads), but, each customizer would have their own personal thread!!!

So it would look like this:

"koppenchevelle's customs"
"lazylizard's customs"
"TGB's customs"
"WhiteLeo's customs"

etc...

Then for idea threads...we could have one "BB custom ideas," "LB custom ideas," etc...

I think it will help to make the custom area more "user friendly."

It will require a lot more than 4 hours of clean up though...so I don't even want to attempt it until I KNOW that it is a good idea and that I have help.

I have to say, I think that this forum is one of the BEST organized, MOST useful, and overall GREATEST group I have seen of any forum!!! That is why I am desperately trying to keep this place tip top!

Please post your thoughts/comments asap. :D

Thanks,
TGB

#2 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:56 AM

sounds good to me instead of having to create a new thread all the time just add to the thread that already exists.

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#3 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Toys and Games of all sorts!

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:37 PM

word, sounds good marty. :D

#4 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 01:00 PM

sounds good to me instead of having to create a new thread all the time just add to the thread that already exists.

=)

That's what I was thinkin'!!! I mean seriously...think of how many customs are posted in separate threads...

This way, someone could see the entire body of work by one artist in one thread w/o having to search around ALL the old threads.

TGB

#5 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 19 February 2006 - 01:43 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me too.
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#6 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 02:13 PM

Sounds good to me. Do it.

#7 fossilsaur

fossilsaur

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 03:29 PM

Sounds good to me, but you dont want my help, I cant even post ONE fn pic right...
STONECOBRA

#8 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 19 February 2006 - 03:44 PM

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me, as long as you can keep commenting on them as well.

Sounds good though. It would be nice to have all the work on one particular artist under one thread. The only thing that I might see as being a little bit of a problem is having so many photos in one thread for those with dial up, like me. I know the collections threads can take quite a while to load up a thread.

Eric

#9 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 06:07 PM

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me, as long as you can keep commenting on them as well.

Sounds good though. It would be nice to have all the work on one particular artist under one thread. The only thing that I might see as being a little bit of a problem is having so many photos in one thread for those with dial up, like me. I know the collections threads can take quite a while to load up a thread.

Eric

So Jkaris you will help? Because this is gonna be insane!!! 4 hours for me to do the collection photos...I can't begin to imagine the customs thread...

If you start from the most recent and I start from the oldest...we SHOULD meet up somewhere in the middle...BUT, I guess we need to start new topics first. They should be simple like, "Koppenchevelle's customs." Do on for each customizer...then go through each thread deleting unnecessary posts, then merging the photos into the new thread. That way we can start this custom topics with a good base of photos first...before all the comments.

I totally think that the comments are important in the custom section, because artists need that feedback/input!

But, in the collection photo area...it just seems like the comments were always..."nice collection," "where did you get this or that," "blah, blah, blah..." Collectors can use pms for that junk...the collection photo thread needs to be merely collector's photos of their collection simple and sweet...

I will do this if at least Jkaris will help. :D

LMK,
TGB

#10 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:08 PM

Is there anything I could do to help? Perhaps I could go ahead and just do a new thread for myself, and just repost the pictures so that you could go ahead and just completely delete all my previous threads. That would atleast make it nice and clean for my thread.
Other than that, I wouldn't know how else to help exactly

Eric

#11 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:38 PM

Is there anything I could do to help? Perhaps I could go ahead and just do a new thread for myself, and just repost the pictures so that you could go ahead and just completely delete all my previous threads. That would atleast make it nice and clean for my thread.
Other than that, I wouldn't know how else to help exactly

Eric

Ya, sure...that would help a TON!!! If you can start yourself a NEW thread "Koppenchevelle's Customs," then post ALL the photos of your work you can find in old topics...then lmk and I will delete it.

If Gabe wants to do the same..."LazyLizard's Customs," then post ALL his photos of his work he can find in old topics...then lmk and I will delete it.

White Leo, etc...

Anyone that can do that, then lmk when it is all good to delete the old threads, that would be HIGHLY APPRECIATED!!!

THANX for suggesting it Eric!

TGB

#12 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:49 PM

Done and Done.

Eric

#13 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:10 PM

Done and Done.

Eric

Well, El_Diablo, Koppenchevelle, and myself have made new threads and I have deleted ALL their old ones!!! We elminated 2.5 pages. We had 10 pages and are down to 7.5 pages!!!

I HOPE others will do the same and then notify me when it is clear to delete ALL their old threads!!!

Great idea Eric!!! ;) :D

TGB

#14 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:00 PM

Ok,
I NEED EVERYONE that is Helpin' to clean up their own threads...to LET ME KNOW when it is all clear to delete their old threads!!!

I have done quite a few and personally...this is REALLY lookin' GREAT AND...it is GREAT to be able to easily find old art from customizers!!! There was a LOT of shtuff I had totally forgotten bout!

Keep up the GREAT HELP kids!!! ;)

TGB

#15 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:32 AM

Thanks guys for cleaning up your custom threads!!! We have went from 10 full pages down to 5.5 pages!!! Keep it up!!!

White Leo, I am confused...can I delete ALL your threads or just the ones you bumped?

TGB

#16 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:18 AM

Thanks guys for cleaning up your custom threads!!! We have went from 10 full pages down to 5.5 pages!!! Keep it up!!!

White Leo, I am confused...can I delete ALL your threads or just the ones you bumped?

TGB

Go ahead and delete them all. I still wasn't filling good last night, so I only bumped a couple. Thanks Marty,

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#17 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:30 AM

We have went from 10 pages to 4 pages...still more work! <_<

TGB

#18 delta81

delta81

Killer Carp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:15 PM

To get things clear for my self...
If I am working on a custom and want to show the progress or need feedback is it okay to post it on the oldfashion way. And when its finished it can be put in the new section... So the first can be deleted...
Is that okay or am I totally getting things mixed up now... <_<

#19 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 01:17 PM

To get things clear for my self...
If I am working on a custom and want to show the progress or need feedback is it okay to post it on the oldfashion way. And when its finished it can be put in the new section... So the first can be deleted...
Is that okay or am I totally getting things mixed up now... <_<

You can post anything you want here...especially if you want feedback....

Then, when you feel the thread has run it's course...go ahead and ask for it to be deleted.

Basically, I thought it would be nice to have an area where there were mainly portfolios/bodies of customizers/artist's works all in one spot, by one creator.

No more searching 10 pages of posts to find a photo.

So when you make a new custom, post the photo in your portfolio AND if you want comments/critizism post a thread down here as well. If you NEVER want it deleted, just don't ask for it to be deleted. If you want something deleted, just post "delete please" and I or Jkaris will delete it.

No biggie...

Crap, since we have done this, I have re-discovered soooooooooo many customs and drawings I had totally forgot about!!! It has helped in my opinion!!!

What do you guys think?

TGB

#20 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 22 February 2006 - 01:37 PM

What do you guys think?

TGB

I think you're OCD has gotten the better of you! <_<
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#21 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:15 PM

I think that is a great Idea! And thanks for the work you are doing TGB! <_<

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#22 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 12:57 AM

;) By the way, mine are all cleaned up and ready for clearing!!! :lol:

grimey
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#23 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 02:00 AM

:lol: I just realized that I had suggested this idea a Loooooooong time ago!

We could do a thread in Fan Art and Customs that is just for kitbash/ custom paint pics.

If someone is looking for feedback on a certain paint job or something they can place it in another thread and just make sure to try and make it clear that this thread is JUST for the Pics, not commenting.

You could set it up like the member feedback, have a structure to it so everyone's looks the same, something like:

Beast Name:
Pic: (either url or the actual pic)
Comments: (See ____________ thread) (tell everyone where to go to comment)
Information: Give any info that you may want, like what beasts you used (kitbash) or why you chose a certain color scheme.....other stuff like that.

Then we would just have to rely on our Admins to move any posts that dumbass people would put in the wrong place!

Funny huh???? ;)

grimey
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#24 Orodruin

Orodruin

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 02:38 AM

Ok, let me see if I've got this. This section is where can post a single custom and get feedback, and the sub-forum is for a single-user portfolio of all their customs?
the Hot Rod collector
general TF nuts
BB upstart

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com