13 replies to this topic

#1 Jabroniville

Jabroniville

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 03:32 AM

When I was a kid, I had a pretty solid collection, but nowhere near the "Full 76"- in fact, numerous Beasts ended up looking completely insane and incredibly-cool to me as an adult if only because I never owned the originals.

Ones I had:
Lion
Deer
Bird
Carp
Snake
Toad
Elephant
Rhino
Buffalo
Bear
Bat
Gator
Fox
Giraffe
Porcupine
Shark
Dog
Horse
Weasel

Bison
Bighorn Sheep
Crab

Weasel
Iguana
Armadillo
Jaguar
Hippo
Moose
Chameleon
Octopus
Kangaroo
Walrus
Mouse
Raccoon
Anteater

Duck
Mole
Cuttlefish
Beaver
Seahorse
Owl
Camel
Polar Bear
Squirrel
Sabre-Tooth Tiger
Bulldog
Skunk
Pig
Rooster
Musk Ox
Pangolin
Sloth
Aardvark
Bovine
(54- a pretty good haul)

Ones I Didn't have:
Tiger
Gorilla
Boar
Tortoise
Rabbit
Panda
Lizard

Koala
Tarsier
Panther
Tapir
Cobra
Mandrill
Pointer
Zebra
Hawk
Duckbill
Crow

Flamingo
Antelope
Penguin
Orangutan
(missing 22 in total, primarily from the latter year)

I've never met a single person who owned the Laser Beasts as a kid. I had the envy of a few of my friends, but I REALLY wanted my friend's Shark Base as a kid- I never owned the Bases. I THINK I owned the Chariots, but if I did, those have long since been sold off. Curiously, I was missing the Tiger, Gorilla & Boar figures, which are quite early ones- as a result, those look all crazy weird and unique to me, even now that I finally own them.

And of course, this begs an even bigger question: how many of your childhood Beasts were INTACT? In my case... barely any. I think I had 12-16 that managed to get out of my childhood with both of their arms intact- one of my Lions, then the Squirrel, Weasel, Snake, Cuttlefish (my favorite), Horse and a tiny, TINY handful of others. I even have guys with missing LEGS.

#2 Edmasta

Edmasta

#Battlebeastsbattleground

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:80年代 ホラー
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:51 AM

I can only really remember having.

Elephant
Frog
Carp
Rhino
Porcupine
Shark

Edited by Edmasta, 29 November 2016 - 06:52 AM.

bbb3.jpg

#3 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 29 November 2016 - 08:21 AM

Well it´s obvious that all kids growing up in the US in the 80´s had a big advantage over the other countries, like most countries in the EU, when it came down to the availability of Beasts. And this is something your list clearly shows with Beasts from all series.

In the Netherlands for instance we only had Series 1 Beasts meaning that in our understanding you´d have a full collection with only 28 Beasts. I´m not sure whether it´d have been better to know there were much more around as a kid or not because once I started looking back into them after years there´s a whole new world opening for me seeing those awesome ¨new¨ figs from Series 2 and 3 which I´d never seen or even heard about as a kid, let alone the Laser Beasts.

Personally I only had the Turquoise Rabbit: https://beastformers...rquoise-rabbit/

Even though most of our childhood figs have been beat up and are not really in a collectible state it are exactly those figs that are priceless imho because those were the figs that´ve been responsible for our passion starting to collect this line. The figs that´ve fought in our childhood battles, that´re out with us during the holidays, at school and wherever adventures were made they created our memories and all of that made that the line still lives on today!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#4 WendyW

WendyW

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 08:36 AM

I'm sure I had several but I only remember for sure the snake and the bear.

I still have the bear though he only has one arm these days (which is probably why he didn't get sold off with any others I had), so I'm in the process of making him a fancy cyborg replacement.

My comics:

Gilbert and the Grim Rabbit - gilbertandgrim.com

Commander Cottontail - commandercottontail.com

#5 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:01 AM

I can remember having the cuttlefish and the bulldog. I know I had about 6 of them. Anyone else have them late? I had mine in 1990-91

#6 KingJefferson

KingJefferson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:07 AM

i had all of them except the laser beasts,

cool-monkey-drummer.gif

#7 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:15 AM

My brother was the one who collected BB. He wanted to play with them with me so he gave me Rubberneck the giraffe. That's the only one I ever had. 

#8 Jabroniville

Jabroniville

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:23 PM

Wow, I figured most people would have more than I did. I was a REALLY young kid during their run, and all of mine come from my dad picking up the 2-packs at the local Eaton's to give me as a present when he came by after work. I was OBSESSED with them, which is probably why I have so many Series III ones compared to some.

I'm from Central Alberta in Canada, which usually didn't have the best distribution of toys. We got almost ZERO Dino Riders after the first surge of them, for example.

#9 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 01:03 AM

I had 6 or 7 but I can only remember Lion, bird, and the kangaroo since I still have them from my childhood.

#10 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:13 AM

I only had the one pack that came with Ferocius Tiger and Colonel Bird. I remember getting them in the discount bin, at Zayre or Venture (anyone remember those?) can't remember which store it was at the time. Anyway loved them, I would use them as science experiments that the G.I. joes and cobra made to take each other out.

#11 LionO

LionO

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Vintage Toys!

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:45 PM

I had about 30 - 40 figures. Lots of series one ad some from series two but none from series three. I remember seeing them at a friends house and was perplexed at the purple weapons lol. My very first beasts were the Rhino/Fox two pack from a walgreens, I was so happy when my mom sid I can have them. I remember sleeping with those under my pillow that same night and so forth. Unfortunately I lost the wolf somehow but I still have my Rhino. He is still my favorite beast. Luckily I still have most of my childhood figures and my daughter enjoys them now
Check out my Vintage Toys For Sale Page!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vintage-Toys-For-Sale-Nostalgia82/175849115783028?sk=photos

My Feedback
http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=161203
http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=206567
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=olisquall&ftab=AllFeedback&seeallfeedback=See%20All%20Feedback&myworld=true

#12 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:43 PM

I can only remember owning the Carp, Iguana, Bulldog, Porcupine, Mouse, Polar Bear, Hippo, Penguin. Maybe a few others. 

Iguana, Porcupine, & Bulldog were my favorites as a kid. I think I also remember stealing my cousins Black Panther. 

#13 LionO

LionO

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Vintage Toys!

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:16 PM

I remember using the porcupine as a comb. It really worked well lol. Still does
Check out my Vintage Toys For Sale Page!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vintage-Toys-For-Sale-Nostalgia82/175849115783028?sk=photos

My Feedback
http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=161203
http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=206567
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=olisquall&ftab=AllFeedback&seeallfeedback=See%20All%20Feedback&myworld=true

#14 CyberBeast

CyberBeast

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, MOTU Classics, Motion design

Posted 23 December 2016 - 08:50 AM

my first beast was russian sawtooth shark copy. (1991) I loved him and thinked it si some type of lizard alien. In 90s we did not know nothing about original BB & their world.
My second beasts was Sheeper & his friends. It was hard russian reality with UFO ship made of broken refueling meter but i loved those days

Attached Files

Edited by CyberBeast, 23 December 2016 - 08:54 AM.

CyberBeasts project: just ask me all you want to know about russian battle beasts.
Sorry for my english  :ph34r:

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com