#1 Dannyaic

Dannyaic

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:44 AM

Anyone have any cool Muscle stories?  

Mine was I was 8 years old and at day camp.  A friend of mine just gave me a purple #18 to start my collection and I was so excited, but by the end of the day I had lost it.  

The following year, first day of camp we're getting ready to get started for the day when another friend of mine comes up to me and says look what I found.  It was my purple #18.  I've never forgotten that, and that figure is my favorite of them all.  Still have it.  

Anyone else?

#2 Bones

Bones

Deep Throat

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:07 PM

I remember being rewarded as a kid for doing something. My dad told me I could pick out a toy from the store and I shot right for the Muscle Men. All my friends had them and I didn't.
I was so excited when I saw all the 28 packs displayed. I asked if I was allowed to get one of the"big packs" and he said yes.
We never got toys outside of birthdays and Christmas so it was a huge deal for me.

As an adult I have a Claw decal on the window of my truck and I was once stopped in the parking lot of the movies by a random guy who asked about it.
We talked for a few minutes about our old collections from childhood.
He had said as soon as he saw it memories about them flooded back. He had totally forgotten about them.

Edited by Bones, 02 June 2017 - 03:51 PM.

#3 OneTallPonderosa

OneTallPonderosa

OCD Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE, LEGO, MIMP, Ballpoint Pens, Insects, Coins, Books

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:40 PM

As an adult I have a Claw decal on the window of my truck 

And where does one get a Claw decal???  :D 

Check out my want list: http://www.littlerub...howtopic=269336

I am always looking for more Robin Mask #214, Sunshine, Announcer, Claw, and Parthenon - MUSCLE or KESHI of any type!

LETS MAKE A DEAL! :ph34r:

#4 Bones

Bones

Deep Throat

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:54 PM

I picked it up on ebay while searching for figs.

#5 Bones

Bones

Deep Throat

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:56 PM

You can find it by searching
M.U.S.C.L.E Claw decal

Edited by Bones, 03 June 2017 - 01:00 PM.

#6 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, making unique ooak art dolls, and what ever else catches my interests/inspires my creativity.

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:25 PM

Well, I don't know if this classifies as a "cool" story or not, but I'll put it here anyway. I used to collect M.U.S.C.L.E. figures as a kid (didn't we all) Over time I pretty much traded/lost/misplaced them all :( Anyway, I just recently got bitten by the "E-bay impulse purchase" bug, and am getting my feet wet starting collecting them again. I remember having a red Amelman/Moaiman as a kid, and it was the only Moaiman I had. Now I don't know how rare the red Moaiman is or anything, but at the time I never saw anymore of them and it was very special to me. And I ended up losing it too so long ago :cry: I guess we've all had that happen. Our favorite M.U.S.C.L.E. disappearing to the mists of time. I always said if I found another one I'd snap it up like a crocodile...And lo and behold, I finally found one a few days ago and it was one of only two the site selling it had in stock! I acted immediately and now it's MINE...ALL MINE!!! :devil:  And tonight, I ordered a purple, an orange, a salmon, and a green Moaiman too. I guess you could say Moaiman is my favorite M.U.S.C.L.E. figure, especially the red one. I mean my Username and avatar pretty well testifies to that fact lol :lol:

#7 Sydot

Sydot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:34 PM

Well, I don't know if this classifies as a "cool" story or not, but I'll put it here anyway. I used to collect M.U.S.C.L.E. figures as a kid (didn't we all) Over time I pretty much traded/lost/misplaced them all :( Anyway, I just recently got bitten by the "E-bay impulse purchase" bug, and am getting my feet wet starting collecting them again. I remember having a red Amelman/Moaiman as a kid, and it was the only Moaiman I had. Now I don't know how rare the red Moaiman is or anything, but at the time I never saw anymore of them and it was very special to me. And I ended up losing it too so long ago :cry: I guess we've all had that happen. Our favorite M.U.S.C.L.E. disappearing to the mists of time. I always said if I found another one I'd snap it up like a crocodile...And lo and behold, I finally found one a few days ago and it was one of only two the site selling it had in stock! I acted immediately and now it's MINE...ALL MINE!!! :devil:  And tonight, I ordered a purple, an orange, a salmon, and a green Moaiman too. I guess you could say Moaiman is my favorite M.U.S.C.L.E. figure, especially the red one. I mean my Username and avatar pretty well testifies to that fact lol :lol:

Hey dude! Welcome to the board! Now you'll have to track down the Japanese keshi versions and alternate sculpts of him! The number of versions of any single figure out there can be exhausting! 

www.instagram.com/sydot_toys

#8 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, making unique ooak art dolls, and what ever else catches my interests/inspires my creativity.

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:59 PM

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, I kind of figured there would be a lot more of him out there. Such is the case with most all M.U.S.C.L.E. figs. The red one really has a special place in my heart though. I lost him a long time ago...And now I have him back :yahoo: And now I have some other colors too. I wonder how many colors Mattel made him in? With the flesh colored one I have, along with the most coveted (for me anyway) red one, and the other colors I ordered the only other color I've seen of him is the magenta one. Not counting the Japanese versions or alternative sculpts. Speaking of which, I might mold some of my own using clear resin with transparent resin dye. A transparent/translucent Moaiman sculpt with different colors that looked jewel like would be cool. What would be really sick, would be a Moaiman using the same acrylic the light piping in Inhumanoids eyes were made from. I have a vintage Redlen and I've shined a UV light in his eyes and it is UV reactive!

#9 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:50 AM

Wow a fellow MoaiMan fan. Moai is my favorite Muscle sculpt from my childhood. Though I'm more partial to purple. Purple and red look the best for the figure. Very vibrant. Welcome to the board and keep me in the loop if you ever cast MoaiMan yourself. I'd love to see more variants. 

#10 Maxrez

Maxrez

Cosmic Loot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:33 PM

It's european muscle related (cosmix/exogini)

When i was kid there was this wonderfull place called Château (castle in french) i kept hearing about it, my friends goind here and buying awesome candies or else. I dreamed about a big midieval castle like place where everything is awesome. One day me and my mom went to town heading to Château. I was super excited, it felt weird that the place was only a toystore, but it was big and filled from floor to ceiling with model kits, toys, gadgets and else. Anyway many years later i was walking in town as a teenager and passed by this toystore. They actually were about to close definitely. I entered the shop and there was this enormous basket full of cosmix packs for something like 0.20€ each. I totally forgot about Cosmix and start to frenetically grab as much packs as i could. It was like christmas.

#11 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:32 PM

Thanks for the welcome fisheye. If I do cast sculpts of MoaiMan, I'll definitely post them here on the forum. Probably as a detailed W.I.P.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com