222 replies to this topic

#101 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:43 PM

Another thing is any body that has sound mixing experience may need to re create or remix some of the background music.  It will be necessary to remove the full audio tracks at some points in the anime when our voice's over lap the existing audio, which will happen a lot.

Depends on what sorts of music you're looking at... I deal with lots of electronic music and have several good music-making programs.

pre-post edit: upon seeing the youtube vids... If I'm going to be making music, I can garuntee you it won't be that happy. =/

Frobman,

Record a voice saying a sentance into MSsound Recorder.  Not any fancy program-- Sound Recorder.

Then save it, and note how long it is.  Then use the "Increase speed 100%" action about ten times, or until the sound is about .5 seconds long (for a full sentance).  Then use the opposite "Decrease Speed" until it's back to the right speed.  Play it.  Nice and robotic, eh?  If it doesn't sound right then, try decreasing it one more time.  That might be what you want.

Good Idea?

Using some of the programs I've got, I can do a really really good robotic voice... Several of them, actually, male, female, all sorts of pitch controls to make it sound semi-natural, whatever you want.

What they were wanting with the music is the original music tracks, but without the Japanese stuff in front of it.

Thus, I said I could do it by getting several different scenes where the music was played, then lining it up and editing out all the non-musical SFX, and then whomever is reediting the video could sync up the old music with the new "scrubbed" music.

As for Warsman's voice... well, we're still in the planning/translating stages of this thing.

Fatty, if you want to read some background stories and get ideas of the characters, search "toriyama's world" and go to the "Manga" portion, and choose "Kinnikuman." There's several chapters where you can get a great idea about the different characters (as well as the You Tube, I assume)
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#102 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:07 AM

http://download.yous...63451812107CB41
Here are some character voices I put together from their theme songs. It's 17 minutes long though. I only put in the first part of the songs, which may reflect in personality or something. Here's the list in order:

. Kinnikuman
. (Serious) Kinnikuman
. Meat
. Terryman
. Robin Mask
. Ramenman
. Brocken Jr.
. Warsman
. Rikshiman/Wolfman
. Buffaloman
. Mongolman
. Geronimo
. Kinnikuman Great (Kamehame)
. Prince Kamehame
. Kinniku Mayumi
. Kinkotsuman [Skullduggary]
. Black Hole
. The Ninja [Ninja Ned]
. Ashuraman
. Sunshine
. Akuma Shogun
. Pentagon
. Screw Kid
. Kendaman
. Neptuneman
. Big the Budo (Neptune King)

I thought I'd end the clip with the last parts of the three Kinnikuman Theme Songs.

#103 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:27 AM

Cool Frobman, but 31 megs is a bit large for us 56kers. :kid: Do you think you could maybe split the file up into like 4 or 5 smaller files?

Posted Image

#104 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:50 AM

Cool Frobman, but 31 megs is a bit large for us 56kers. :kid: Do you think you could maybe split the file up into like 4 or 5 smaller files?

Alrighty then.

http://download.yous...8796820FF7FA4D
http://download.yous...D48AFC1799F0F9
http://download.yous...9DE4C6464FAED9
http://download.yous...849069273E6703

#105 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:55 PM

Thanks a bunch Frobman! Very nice! Just what I was looking for! Appreciate it!

Posted Image

#106 FATty ACid

FATty ACid

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:59 PM

Nice!

I didn't hear very many voices I thought I could do without editing, but with, I could do just about anything you still need.

For who wanted Warsman: To get the voice more like the original using Audacity, record your voice, and then make it two tracks, then lower the other track to three half-steps, or something like that. Play around and see what works.

Or you could just play around a whole lot until it sounds "robotic" if you really want to.

Anyone who would like to hear a sample I came up with doing a bit of both (though the second accidentally...), just PM me, or if someone could point me to a good, simple filehost with higher bandwidth limits, that'd be cool, and I could post it in the thread.

@Kinkotsuman: This seems like a definite possibility for me. ^_^

#107 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:20 PM

Since you're dealing with voice only, MP3 the sample. and use rapidshare.de; That seems to work the best for me.

MP3 shouldn't affect the vox-only track much at all, even with some effects on the vocal.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

#108 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:58 AM

Very useful info on the audio tracks everybody. We'll be moving ahead with Movie 6:Crisis in New York for this project. I beleive with some creative use of sound editing tools we can cover just about any cast member we may yet need. With that I'll start a casting Call thread for Movie 6 tonight listing all the cast members including all the background characters.

To those who have auditioned already PM me letting me know who of those characters you auditioned for you are most interested in performing for. Also, anyone who has heard the samples of the audtions PM me letting me know who you think sounded the best for said Part ie: "Adamantiumwulf's Robin Mask FTW!"

Casting is not yet decided so if you think you can help, EVEN if your the shy type (looks at KnuxieChan) please feel free to try out. If you'd prefer to post your submission in a sort of anonymous manner PM me and we'll set something up. Until I set the new thread if you have any questions in general just keep posting 'em here as usual.

We should keep this thread bumped for a bit since it answers some technical questions one might have about the Voice capturing/submitting process.
Check out some of my Custom Action Figures.(Non-UM related.)
http://www.toymania....cc14/ffxi.shtml

http://sooperkreep.deviantart.com/

"I accept cash, credit, checks or your broken bones."
-Checkmate

#109 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:51 AM

Alright!

That's the one with Neptuneman, right?

So, is there anyone with a website with a good amout of space that'll upload the .mp3s easily? Rapidshare.de deletes things a small time afterwards.

#110 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:16 AM

No Movie 6 is Akuma SHogun movie. My translator is having a helluva time w/the Neptuneman one. She's far further along on the Akuma shogun movie.

The Neptuneman one does drag a little in some parts most have told me, Lotsa banter between the "new"characters. I would consider cutting it down in length though if we ever went for a dub of Movie7. Nothing major, just make it more managable for a fandub to work.

-Checkmate

#111 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:57 PM

So what non-Main characters are there? If they're in the MUSCLE toyline, let us know!

Also, here's a post that'll prove useful from the Toriyama's World feeler I put out:

Fan dubs are a LOT of work it took me a LONG time to finish Dr Slump and that was one episode. So a dub of an entire series strikes me as pretty insane take it ep by the time. Try out ep 1 first.
I don't have the time to read all that thread you wrote so I don't know how far allong you are but you need first to do the following.
1) Sit down and write a dub script , it needs to match the lip flaps and sound natural. I try my best to keep as much as the original in but I'd like to point reading fan subs won't work. It'll sound silly and often won't match.
2) From said script write up a cast list ( don't just say I need VOs email me!!). Make clips if you can to give reference for stage 4.
3) Find all the music you'll need and SFX if you have sense you'll get that all mixed in before you cast.
4) Hold auditions for characters and cast at the end of the deadline. Don't cast the first guy that shows up wait a bit and find the best you can.
5) Mix, remix and check again
6) Grow a thick skin because you'll evoke the sub v sub argument wherever you go remember it's for FUN. :( Remember do it an episode at a time I can't tell you how many times someones posted on the VAA " I 4m gonig lk dub all of slr moon strz" further anyone's got to I think is 9 in about 6 years XD.

That said good luck hope you know what you're letting yourselfin for!

( I hope I'll be forgiven this plug) go to http://www.voiceactingalliance.com a fan dub and voice over community. Plenty of tutorials etc. 

*skips off into moonlight*

Edited by Azure 2006-04-11 6:40 PM

#112 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

Whaddaya call a pigeon with four feet? A STOOLPIGEON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Ball, Rurouni Kenshin, Kinnikuman, Metal Gear, Devil May Cry

Posted 17 April 2006 - 06:55 AM

I can't voice any G1 chars. I'm only 16...
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#113 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 01:25 PM

I can't voice any G1 chars. I'm only 16...

~~WHAT does that have to do with ANYTHING??~~

Sixteen? If you said "Six," you'd have a case. However, most voice actors, despite whatever they play, are in their late thirties/fourties and beyond.

Do you think they had eighteen year olds playing the voices for Ultimate Muscle? NO! They had 30+ year olds playing everybody!

The Gen1 voices arn't set in stone. If a voice fits, we'll use it. If you want to participate, this thread has some good information on it, and scripts.

You don't have to use your "real" voice, but it may come in handy for an incidental character.

#114 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 06:51 AM

But I mean, I can't sound like I'm 25...which is the age that most G1 characters seem to be around.
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#115 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:10 AM

Excellent post, theorgg. Very useful info from the Toriyama'sWorld post.

I think we've been working along those lines for the most part. I metioned before timing the reads are the 2nd biggest pain in dubbing animated projects(translating/scripting being the 1st). Other than that I too hope everyone understands this isnt going to be finished overnight. I think that "Sailor Stars" remark in your post says it all.

That voicactingalliance site will come in VERY handy. Not only with our Kinniku Project but a few others I have up my sleeve, Thanks!

-Checkmate

#116 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 03:14 PM

But I mean, I can't sound like I'm 25...which is the age that most G1 characters seem to be around.

...so?

If you can make voices and adhere to stereotypes, I don't see why you have to sound a certain age. Voices usually are set at sixteen, and even if you are young, WHO CARES.

Your posts, to be honest, are looking like a spoilt child who is upset that we didn't decide to go with re-dubbing Ultimate Muscle, and decided to tread on safe legal ground.

Give the people in charge a sample of what you CAN do, and see what they say. You were all into this thing a few pages/weeks ago.

#117 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:37 AM

Eh, my internet's down. I might get it up soon, though. BTW, shouldn't Neptuneman get a low-class British accent?
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#118 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 07:14 AM

So, any new updates?

I also found a way to do the flange effect to make my voice sound robotic if I'm gonna do Warsman. I couldn't figure out alot of the other effects.

#119 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 07:53 AM

Sorry this has been taking so long guys. This is pretty tuff stuff >_< and I want to have at least a few lines from all the characters ready and timed for a good solid read before I start the new thread. Again, if you have any questions /concerns or ideas give me a PM.

-SK

-Checkmate

#120 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:02 PM

A friend of mine came over today because his house was being painted and he couldn't stand the fumes. I put on some background noise while we played games, and he didn't pay too much attention to Tripping the Rift. After that tape ended, I put on my VCR tape of Kevin Mask vs Kid Muscle (Season 3 Finale, complete fight plus introductory episode-- about two hours worth of show). Near the end, Jadger comes in and starts talking. My friend did a PERFECT imitation of Jadger. I asked if he'd be intrested in this project, and he said it sounds like a lot of fun.

Do we want Brocken Jr. to sound like Jadger? He also thinks he could do a good Akuma Shogun voice, too. I burned the Toriyama's World mangas onto a disk for him to read and get a good feel of Gen 1.

#121 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 08:06 AM

Sounds great theorgg, we will definately need ALL the help we can get on this piece. Have him audition via the posted scripts here and let us know what ya' think.

-Checkmate

#122 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 06:17 PM

Any update on the % of this that's completed?

#123 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 03:22 PM

I'd say about 45% complete. I'm not even trying to make sense of it anymore at this point. I just clean up what my Translator writes down whenever she gets the chance to write anything that is. Jokes are some of the tuffest aspects of this translation. Sight gags are good to go w/ whatever ammusing commentary we wanna put in. But the actually spoken "funnies" will take a better comedic mind than I have.

Anybody that feels like they can help with the comedy writing aspects (one liners and stuff)of this project PM me. Or just post here of course ^^

-Checkmate

#124 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:56 PM

Send me what you've got. You have my E-mail.

#125 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:24 PM

Hey, theorgg? What should I set the Sound Recorder settings to? I think *maybe* I could voice Akuma Shogun...

BTW, shouldn't Neptuneman have a cocney accent?
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com