61 replies to this topic

#26 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:41 PM

be very careful about asking to have this done. Some companies will do it no questions asked, some have some kind of moral/legal code that won't let them do 'copyrighted' items.

technically, it's not illegal, since it's for personal use, and you'll only be making ONE. But a lot of print shops don't like to take the risk.

#27 Clawfreak

Clawfreak

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1993 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:23 PM

Major Scam Alert!!!
I just got a poster from Ebay and they guys name is retro_ross. He said it was an original poster and said he elaminated it a while back ago to protect it since it was from when he was a kid. He did tell the truth on one thing. It was elaminated but very poorly and it was just a piece of printer paper that he got from the interntet of the poster. A standard 8 x 10 sheet of effin paper....He is now going to get my foot shoved up his.........
Ebay filed a case and my money is coming back soon and he is getting suspended. He scamed two others I talked to in his sold history....Effer!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

#28 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:54 PM

I didnt think anyone would have fallen into his scam! :rofl:

Im glad your getting your money back Okie.

http://blog.uofmuscle.com/?p=8406

#29 Clawfreak

Clawfreak

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1993 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:15 PM

Im glad your getting your money back Okie.

http://blog.uofmuscle.com/?p=8406

Well, when the guy flat out lies and says it is the original poster and not a replica or copy what do you do? I took a chance and it failed.
I did though think it would be a fake poster but I did not care, A elaminated copy would cost a bit of cash anyways but to my surprise it was just a effin piece of paper.....Thats ok, you don't mess with Okie!!!! "I got two guns, one for each of ya!!!" ( Tombstone ) I am getting my money back so no sweat!!!

Edited by jlspeth, 14 February 2011 - 09:16 PM.

#30 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:22 AM

Well, when the guy flat out lies and says it is the original poster and not a replica or copy what do you do? I took a chance and it failed.
I did though think it would be a fake poster but I did not care, A elaminated copy would cost a bit of cash anyways but to my surprise it was just a effin piece of paper.....Thats ok, you don't mess with Okie!!!! "I got two guns, one for each of ya!!!" ( Tombstone ) I am getting my money back so no sweat!!!

I'm going to side with Smokin Gun on this one. Were you going to put it on the other side of the deer head?

#31 Clawfreak

Clawfreak

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1993 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:53 AM

I'm going to side with Smokin Gun on this one. Were you going to put it on the other side of the deer head?

I did not know there was a side, but if it makes you feel special to be on a side instead of the sideline go ahead. :thumbsup:
Lets not bring up the DM thing again that was a huge bonehead move!! LOL Now I have one under my belt but at least
it was only for 24 dollars not 2400 dollars.... :rofl:
Now lets stay on this subject of copied Muscle posters not sides........

Edited by jlspeth, 15 February 2011 - 04:56 AM.

#32 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:09 AM

I did not know there was a side, but if it makes you feel special to be on a side instead of the sideline go ahead. :thumbsup:
Lets not bring up the DM thing again that was a huge bonehead move!! LOL Now I have one under my belt but at least

I bought a REAL item. You fell for an ALREADY identified scam.

#33 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:26 AM

I figured someone would fall for this scam, but I never figured it would be an actual MUSCLE collector. I think it feels a little safer to laugh (which I can't help – I'm sorry) because I know you're getting your money back.

And your info was added to the Auction Watch #48 post.

#34 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:51 AM

You should try and maybe use the images from this thread and go and price one for yourself mate.
i know it would cost at least double of what you almost lost but you would have an excellent bran new poster , with no stress and no dealings with rip off artists. ;)
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#35 Clawfreak

Clawfreak

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1993 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:45 AM

I bought a REAL item. You fell for an ALREADY identified scam.

Well, I dont live on UOM like you Vette so I was unaware of this scam....
Thanks Grand Theft, I have 3 posters already but i just wanted one mint and elaminated sounded cool....Go ahead and laugh, that is why I posted it :thumbsup:

Edited by jlspeth, 15 February 2011 - 09:46 AM.

#36 Jamesullivan

Jamesullivan

M.U.S.C.L.E. Champion 123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Self personal training, sports, RPGs, dogs, and lots of hot tea(black plain with no milk or sugar..though someimes I use a cinnamin or rock candy stick).

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:11 AM

Here is a poster useless fact!
If you add a column to each side of the poster which the cutoff stars suggest the imaginative to do, and fill in the the space at the top, you get 300. 27 figures fill the top space in. And the columns are 20.

The poster in its original form is 13 figures per row and 20 figures per column minus the 27 missing spaces.
The revised poster is 15 figures per row and 20 figures per column. Adding a total of 67 new figures.
Attached File  fullMUSCLEposter of 300.jpg   463.98K   40 downloads

Sorry Jlspeth, this super rare 1 of a kind poster is not for sale!

*The 418 of the anniversary set minus 300 is equal to 118.
*The 418 minus original poster set 233 is equal to 185.
*The muscle ring poster never discovered has 400 spaces.
*The M.U.S.C.L.E. NES game had a undisclosed amount of different fixated Animations!

Please pay no heed to the *, they are for my own calculations! TNX Veers & UoM.

Edited by Jamesullivan, 15 February 2011 - 01:17 PM.

Fight for M.U.S.C.L.E.
On second thought, just watch.... M.U.S.C.L.E. Wrestling Videos

#37 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:03 PM

*The muscle ring poster never discovered has undisclosed amount of spaces.

Based on my best guess, it has 400 figure spaces.

#38 GoreVidalMeaty

GoreVidalMeaty

Trojan Trebuchet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Toyfinity, Wrangler jeans, MIMP ALL series,
    M.U.S.C.L.E. Things and the mighty ARCO Red Lizardman.

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:34 AM

My Parents' house is a treasure chest of toys from my past. I just happened to come across a small version of the MUSCLE Thing poster that someone did and that I won in an ebay bid years ago because I had lost my larger original poster.

Then this weekend, I also found the original!!! In the "Mr.Brady's plans" cardboard tube!!! Then I take it home and realized that I had my beat up poster and my little sister's near-mint poster in there as well.

I was weeping tears of joy. Not really, but I was smiling like the Joker. My daughter loved pointing out her faves. She may have been almost as happy as her daddy.

Just felt like sharing. Sometimes my searches don't yield any treasure.

Chris

#39 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:42 AM

My Parents' house is a treasure chest of toys from my past. I just happened to come across a small version of the MUSCLE Thing poster that someone did and that I won in an ebay bid years ago because I had lost my larger original poster.

Then this weekend, I also found the original!!! In the "Mr.Brady's plans" cardboard tube!!! Then I take it home and realized that I had my beat up poster and my little sister's near-mint poster in there as well.

I was weeping tears of joy. Not really, but I was smiling like the Joker. My daughter loved pointing out her faves. She may have been almost as happy as her daddy.

Just felt like sharing. Sometimes my searches don't yield any treasure.

Chris

Can you post some pictures?

#40 GoreVidalMeaty

GoreVidalMeaty

Trojan Trebuchet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:49 AM

Can you post some pictures?

I will try. Biggest problem is keeping it from rolling up till I get a cover/frame for it/them.

#41 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:34 AM

I will try. Biggest problem is keeping it from rolling up till I get a cover/frame for it/them.

I also look forward to seeing it mate.

#42 GoreVidalMeaty

GoreVidalMeaty

Trojan Trebuchet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:38 PM

I also look forward to seeing it mate.

How's this? Notice in the bottom of the first photo, I have the cardboard tube it originally came in. I went tonight to Michael's Arts & Crafts and just by sheer luck, found the exact right size frame. The frame was only 20 bucks. I forgot to measure my poster, so I was all set for disappointment and made sure I held onto my receipt. Now, there is no need! Whee!

Attached Files

Edited by GoreVidalMeaty, 22 March 2011 - 06:39 PM.

#43 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:23 PM

How's this? Notice in the bottom of the first photo, I have the cardboard tube it originally came in. I went tonight to Michael's Arts & Crafts and just by sheer luck, found the exact right size frame. The frame was only 20 bucks. I forgot to measure my poster, so I was all set for disappointment and made sure I held onto my receipt. Now, there is no need! Whee!

Gore
That is awesome mate , wow it's like a real treasure find nice 1 ;)

#44 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:28 AM

Nice. The poster looks like it's in good shape.

#45 GoreVidalMeaty

GoreVidalMeaty

Trojan Trebuchet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:47 AM

Gore
That is awesome mate , wow it's like a real treasure find nice 1 ;)

Thank you. I was not expecting to even find it at my parents'. Just lucked out for a change. Although, I can't complain at all. I have found the Musclemania toys by Select, those Deiner "Myth Monsters" and the Can O' Monsters. Many more things got tossed, so the ones I do find are even that much more special.

Take care!

#46 GoreVidalMeaty

GoreVidalMeaty

Trojan Trebuchet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:52 AM

Nice. The poster looks like it's in good shape.

It is is very good (not great) shape. It must have been in my parents' basement for almost 20 years. Paper and cardboard don't do all that well in damp, dark places. On closer inspection, it has some creases and bends and folds that have whitened, but no mold! I am a lucky guy.

Anybody know where I can get a "full body" scan of this? Would Kinko's do this? There is one not all that far from my job. Also, does anybody know the exact measurements off-hand of the poster? Since I guessed correctly the size of the frame, I never measured it.

Thanks!

#47 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:muscle, satan cross!, cthulhu, vintage toys, biking, camping, burner community, deep house and psytrance raves.

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:38 AM

the poster is 23x35" :) i still have my tube as well. :) congrats on finding it. most people don't still have it :)

Want a window into my demented mind? toys, movies, cool stuff around the world @ http://cthuluconnect.blogspot.com/

DMT= insert universe into cannon, aim at brain, fire.

ユデッキー - Yudekkii are you one? サタンクロス æ°¸é ã«!(satan cross forever!)
é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#48 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:04 AM

After seeing GoreVidaMeaty's effort it really inspired me , just the thing you get from such a great forum , keeps the hobby interesting.

Here is mine now framed

Attached Files

#49 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:42 PM

looks great GVM!

not very many originals floating around, great to see you have two in varying conditions.

and damp places are NOT good for paper, but COOL, DRY places are the ideal conditions.

#50 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:29 PM

How's this?

Very good score man. Well done.

Here is mine now framed

I love the mixed display of toys and alcohol. Way to fulfill those Australian stereotypes. :)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com