30 replies to this topic

#26 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order, these are the things I collect;
    Monster in my Pocket (Both original the modern)
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:00 PM

To the best of my knowledge, all the G2 figures are based on G1 figures from Series 1-3. But which figure is "Phantom" based upon? Is it based upon "Ectoplasmic Phantom"?? If so, it certainly doesn't look ectoplasmic at all.

How about... THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!

Humanoid, ugly as sin, likes to wear clothes that hide his face...

It all fits!

I mean, clearly it's not ecto, because ecto was lumpy and funny looking. And yes, the cyclops has only one eye, the spot in the middle is indeed a pupil. I have a gamoja that annoys me in that same way, he's painted like he's got 2 eyes, but he only has one, it's just that there's some kind of pointy eyelid half closed over the middle part and there's a bit of pupil showing on either side. If the people who painted it actually paid attention to the character's drawing they would have realised that they needed to join the two sides of the eye up. But hey, we're talking about cheaply made chinese toys here!
I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret.

#27 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:05 AM

I was really hoping that someone would buy that G2 display in order to trade it to me, but if it ends up in the collection another LRG member then please post more and/or better photos of it. Thanks in advance.

Also, I'm still seeking any information about this G2 display.

unfortunately the trail has run cold on this display - it was purchased from a boot sale!

I am sorely tempted to bid on it though....either way I too would love some nice hi-res pics (for Toypedia)

I tried to win this but lost :D Marvin2000 won, is he a member here? I remember him bidding high on MUSCLE auctions a while back...

Posted Image

#28 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:36 AM

Someone should invite eBayer "Marvin2000" to join LRG (if he isn't already a member) - in addition to also asking him for more/better photos of this very rare MIMP item.
Would you be willing to do this, Matthew? I'd do it myself, but I don't currently have an active eBay account - so I can't use eBay's e-mail features.

Yep, if nobody chips in tonight (UK time) to say he's here on LRG I'll drop him a message on eBay :)

Posted Image

#29 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:54 AM

Marvin2000 is NoBody.

#30 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:47 PM

Marvin2000 is NoBody.

how apt my post was :)

Yep, if nobody chips in tonight (UK time) to say he's here on LRG I'll drop him a message on eBay <_<

Posted Image

#31 NoBody

NoBody

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.S., MegaMan Keshi, finding my mind I lost it along the way!, getting a grip on reality

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:11 PM

Marvin2000 is NoBody.

I must a little thick, who is marvin2000? :mcmadd:

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com