8 replies to this topic

#1 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:33 PM

I have noticed there is only one seller on ebay italy that is selling cases of 50. What is the best way to buy these series? Can you pick these series up in lots for pretty cheap? I am thinking of buying a case of each but want to make sure I couldnt get them cheaper anywhere else. Does anyone know the best way to buy these series? Are there other websites to buy them from?

Edited by SaltLakeToyJunkee, 27 May 2011 - 07:34 PM.

#2 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:06 AM

C'mon guys. I was hoping to get some feedback on this topic by the time I woke up this morning. Can anyone slap me with some knowledge please?

#3 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Transformers, G.I.Joe, Star Wars, Battle Beasts, and Gormiti.

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:40 AM

Well I hope some of overseas friends can chime in on this topic. I am pretty much in a holding pattern on Gormiti.

I've got LEGO, G.I.Joe, and Transformers a bit higher on my want list right now.

Just got a nice lot of TF's on the cheap, with Flywheels from G1, Air Raid & Blast off from G2, Megatron and a slightly broken Megaplex from Machine Wars, and Skyjack from G2 for $11.

#4 nik62es

nik62es

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:32 PM

dear SLTJ..are we talking by chance about the same, albeit in different languages ? Do you mean Neorganic ?

#5 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:58 AM

dear SLTJ..are we talking by chance about the same, albeit in different languages ? Do you mean Neorganic ?

They are two different series. One Morphogenisis. The other Neorganic.

#6 nik62es

nik62es

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:19 AM

They are two different series. One Morphogenisis. The other Neorganic.

..as you are one of the few here actually talking to me :yes: , not only do I instantly believe you, but I also looked for them on the web...they don`t seem to be all that common in Europe either (except Italy, off course) as they seem to have almost coincided with Neorganic. From what I gather they represent an evolution in the practical sense from Titanium : whereas the figures from the Titanium series where limited to removable/interchangable arms and legs, this new series has many more posibillities, such as actually adding bodies one on top of another.. I have seen some interesting "creatures" coming out of experiments on a spanish blog. http://mi-gormiti.bl...e_Morphogenesis
There seem to be a total of 37 pieces, 35 regular, 2 rare, found on eBay at all sort of prices : http://esp.ebay.com/...683486589&v=gbh (at a breathtaking 4 euros a shot..having to buy the whole lot..this seems to be a "collectors-must-have-now-cannot-wait-there-is-no-crisis-anyhow" price). Single ones may be cheaper : http://esp.ebay.com/...569907386&v=gbh
Interesting how the Gormiti seem to be going into two different directions at the same time - for one the Playmobil style of movable limbs which can now be easily combined and allow for more creative gameplay..on the other the back to basic of the Neorganic with the no frills no spills (not even a chip) models.

Edited by nik62es, 29 June 2011 - 10:36 AM.

#7 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:03 AM

I usually buy a case of the latest series and buy the extras later. I just purchased a case of each. These are the only two series I have not yet collected. Cant wait to get them. Some of the sculpts are kick ass in these series. Not to big of a fan of the army builder gormiti for neorganic though :confused:

What series have you collected thus far?

#8 nik62es

nik62es

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:19 PM

I usually buy a case of the latest series and buy the extras later. I just purchased a case of each. These are the only two series I have not yet collected. Cant wait to get them. Some of the sculpts are kick ass in these series. Not to big of a fan of the army builder gormiti for neorganic though :confused:

What series have you collected thus far?

I haven`t really... I am not a collector as such..as in hopefully-I-will-never-ever-in-a-100-years-swear-by-my-Steiff-collection turn into a "serious" collector. I am really shocked when I read things like "must have this one". I personally must pay the bank, feed the kids, make sure they have a bath before they go to school and put diesel into the car, etc... Those are my own "must" issues. I have a tremendous amount of different stuff as I am easily led..and ever since I have kids, well even the new or newer stuff becomes interesting. I must admit that I have gone as far as conserving the Playmobil pyramide box and the Gormiti island box (the later more for storage)..but this is as far as I am willing to go. Having said all that and not getting paid for boring you to death, I have a very incomplete collection of Gormiti..and to make things worse I can only name the series in spanish, as the names vary from the italian releases : When my son was old enough to get even slightly interested in Gormiti, they were alread on series 3 (first one to introduce Luminor). I did get a few packs os series 2 at that time, simply because they were cheaper then the brand new series 3...and picked up some series 1 from the UK at dirt cheap (well to us here, in Spain Gormiti never went below 3 euros/each...until the main boom was kind of over. I could recently get hold of Gormiti cartoon at 1 euro/each). Bare in mind that my buying was not constant, it would increase at Christmas and birthday and decrease the rest of the year..so I almost missed a few series alltogether..plus I got my son involved at a rather early age (the old story about "whom are the toys for really"). For all the socail care workers out there : he really LOVES them now. Nothing that a bit of gentle persuasion couldn`t get right...seriously now : I have just over 100 Gormitis in total to look at. That`s about it...and I don`t believe for one single second in the values some eBay sellers put on them (or the Gormiti stores, in Spain, Italy or elsewhere). I bought Neorganic in the bag at 3 euros/each from Italy for my kids birthday in july, but only a few bags..and I would go for Morphogenesis on the same principal..specially as I know that eh would simply love to put a few together..but I refuse flat out to pay 4 euros/each plus shipping...and those couple of figures I have seen loose at below 3 euros are not that attractive. If I haven`t answered your question, I still have a couple of hours worth of monologue before the Legendario takes over (google Legendario Elexir if you are into rum) :D
Just to pre-empty some peoples next question "so what are you doing here" - I tend to like things done properly...I stumbled upon the concept of Exogini coming before Gormiti..and it was a short walk from there to Kinnikuman and Q 7 . I love history..and wish all my toys had the benefit of the LRG forum...

#9 nik62es

nik62es

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:10 PM

update : got 6 Morphogenisis on eBay last night (Legendario helps making quick on the spot decisions..), 2,99 plus 10 euro shipping, overall about 4 and a bit, just over 5 bucks/each.. They are not the Lords or the top ones, but cool enough.. just hope they get here before my sons birthday...and I think they are far more interesting then Neorganic...

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com