• 383 posts
  • Interests:Transformers
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

An annoucement trailer for an annoucement that the ps4 is in production seems a bit silly, but I'll take it!

Day 1 buy for me. Anyone excited?

http://www.escapistm...-4-Announcement

#2 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

PS4: Another terrible system that will have to be replaced at least once in its generation's lifetime, with terrible first party support, with great graphics and specs but will amount to lipstick on a pig due to lack of fun games.

Stick to Nintendo products for quality, longevity, and fun. I go where Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, and Pikmin go.

Edited by ComradeCuttlefish, 01 February 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#3 Onyxiaphil

Onyxiaphil

Starcaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

PS4: Another terrible system that will have to be replaced at least once in its generation's lifetime, with terrible first party support, with great graphics and specs but will amount to lipstick on a pig due to lack of fun games.

Stick to Nintendo products for quality, longevity, and fun. I go where Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, and Pikmin go.

Thanks for your input, Mr.Fish. Although I love Nintendo and pretty much anything they put out, I don't limit myself to their products. The PS and Xbox library have some pretty amazing games.

I'm very curious to see what Sony and Microsoft's new consoles will be able to do. I'm hoping for a new Uncharted game at launch. That would be sweet.

#4 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

super stoked for ps4 and anything they churn out. i'm a huge sony supporter. never have, never will own an xbox...sony all the way. do love nintendo and buy nintendo product, but i'm an overall sony fanboy through and through. day one purchase for me also for sure.

#5 80schild

80schild

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    OMFG
    RC-CARS

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

I dont limit myself to one console, I am excited to get my hands on a ps4. Sony will always be my favourite.

#6 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

I dont limit myself to one console, I am excited to get my hands on a ps4. Sony will always be my favourite.

Owned and resold within one year of owning: PS1, Sega Saturn, Sega Gamegear
Owned and played for sometime, but no longer play: Sega Genesis
Played, hated, never owned: PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360
Never even considered trying or caring: PSP, Vita

Owned, reowned, resold, still buying, love: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii

Biggest regret: That Nintendo didn't buy Rare when it had the opportunity. Now Rare makes crappy games for the Xbox and is no longer available to do another GOOD Banjo and Kazooie, etc.

Edited by ComradeCuttlefish, 01 February 2013 - 05:16 PM.

#7 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

back to the ORIGINAL topic of the thread....yeah i'm excited for a new playstation, and especially a new uncharted game coming out. huge fan of that series, and i still need to grab it for the ps vita as i've been putting off getting it

#8 Onyxiaphil

Onyxiaphil

Starcaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

What I wouldn't like is some kind of touch screen controller like what the Wiiu has.

Not that there is anything wrong with the Wiiu controller but a classic controller feel is way more fun imo.

I wasn't a big fan of the PS move. I doubt Sony will follow the motion control/Touch screen trend of today but you never know. I'm excited! :)

#9 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

I'm definitely a bit eager to hear the final specs and pricing on the PS4. I have always loved the Playstation brand and have been loyal to them since my PS1. As long as the price is reasonable I'll grab one right away for sure. Gotta start saving those pennies... :yes:

#10 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

This is on the topic. I am not excited for the PS4 (piece of shit 4).

and this is why people don't respect you around here. everything you say is a huge joke. it's a true shame people that start threads cannot go in and edit out your ramblings. the guy specifically said who's excited about it, not who wants to chime in and badmouth it. anyway, dont bother to reply/flame back i simply will scroll on past your name.

#11 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

and this is why people don't respect you around here. everything you say is a huge joke. it's a true shame people that start threads cannot go in and edit out your ramblings. the guy specifically said who's excited about it, not who wants to chime in and badmouth it. anyway, dont bother to reply/flame back i simply will scroll on past your name.

Yes, because threads must exist to talk about only positive things or only negative things, not both in the same thread. Discussion works by talking about the positive and the negative.

If you or anyone else want to have a discussion about Sony products where all you are going to do is suck each others dicks, then join a Sony discussion group. This is a toy forum with a subsection for video games. Videogamers from all walks and interests discuss games here. That means both those people who like and dislike Sony are going to provide input.

Stop being so damn sensitive and grow some testicles.

#12 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

well you know what they say... If you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all.

You can discuss without shitting on someones likes and hobbies. Bring up facts that relate to your decision to feel that way and keep it civil and dont be a dick for no reason to members who dont deserve it.

Edited by Ericnilla, 01 February 2013 - 10:46 PM.

#13 80schild

80schild

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
    OMFG
    RC-CARS

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

Sorry Eric I just negative your comment by accident. :give_rose:

PS4 will have teething problems but with every generation that Sony beings out keeps me hooked.

#14 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

:lol:

#15 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

Yes, because threads must exist to talk about only positive things or only negative things, not both in the same thread. Discussion works by talking about the positive and the negative.

If you or anyone else want to have a discussion about Sony products where all you are going to do is suck each others dicks, then join a Sony discussion group. This is a toy forum with a subsection for video games. Videogamers from all walks and interests discuss games here. That means both those people who like and dislike Sony are going to provide input.

Stop being so damn sensitive and grow some testicles.

I've been a member here for about 8 months now and I'm STILL trying to find a tread where you've posted anything positive at all, or not tried to piss people off with abrasive comments. You've been a member here since '05 right? How many off the 'original' members actually still deal with/converse with you?

You say that we should discuss the positives and negatives in this thread - well would you care to share why exactly you hated the consoles above? If its simply because you can't get Pikmin or Banjo Kazooie on them then... :wallbash:

#16 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

I never buy new systems in the first few months. Everything is rushed and they almost always come out with BASIC problems that need to be fixed. Sure you can get repairs free but the hassle is really really annoying plus even just two or three months later you can find them either cheaper or with a nice bundle of games.

So yes i'm excited to see what the new tech can do and what games will drop but no i am not a day 1 kind of person.

Luckily people i know aren't as patient as me so i can play the new stuff when it comes out pretty easily :lol:

Off topic but what is really truly pissing me off about new games is the lack of single system co-op with CO-OP GAMES!! Like dead space 3, built to be played as a co-op adventure but you aren't allowed to play together in one room on one tv. The shit is that shit?

#17 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

so true, the call of duty games(even though i loathe them)do a good job with split screen co-op at home though, other than that nobody really caters to people that want to play the way you said it seems.

#18 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

I never buy new systems in the first few months. Everything is rushed and they almost always come out with BASIC problems that need to be fixed. Sure you can get repairs free but the hassle is really really annoying plus even just two or three months later you can find them either cheaper or with a nice bundle of games.

I agree with this completely. And while I love everything Nintendo, this is why I don't have a Wii U yet. Apps take 30 seconds to load. The first buyers had a major system update to go through before they could even play their unit. The only good games available were Mario Land and Mario Wii U. Once those problems are worked out and once more games are available, I will get a Wii U.

The difference for me is those problems Nintendo has to solve in their first few months of launch seem to be problems that persist in Sony and Microsoft units. Most people who have owned a PS3 or an Xbox360 have had to replace it or repair it at least once since owning it. Nintendo doesn't have these problems. Nintendo also has better first party games that will never be available on those systems.

I'm sorry if the other strong opinions against Sony and for Nintendo offended anyone.

Edited by ComradeCuttlefish, 02 February 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#19 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

Can we just start a petition to get this jackoff banned?
I know Karis is hesitant, but this goober is a cancer.

#20 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

You're not much better ,as the self-proclaimed LRG sheriff :closedeyes:

#21 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

Posted Image

Edited by l.designs, 02 February 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#22 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

i assume you mean cuttle, i have him blocked and life is grand, but i'm semi new here(1yr or so) and other newer members here get bad vibes because of how he trolls and just wastes good threads by starting feuds with the way he talks/interacts with people. i'd be signer numero uno on that petition, and i know many many others that would sign it, but they haven't publicly stated their displeasure with him.

#23 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

You're not much better ,as the self-proclaimed LRG sheriff :closedeyes:

Haha, Thank you, for that.
:rolleyes:

#24 ironmask

ironmask