6 replies to this topic

#1 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 11:20 AM

yeah, this was the one from the "#195 w/jewels" thread.

i'm not sure what kind it was, but it was just paint. i took a toothbrush to it, and gently removed most of the paint. i fear that the paint may have permanently stained the plastic, though.

i'm gonna have to get some more oxyclean and soak this one for a good, long while, though.

i didn't expect it to actually function as a top, and the first few times i spun it, it just wobbled off the desktop. i tried it a few more times though, and it actually spins pretty well. :lol:

#2 MIWP

MIWP

Kinnikuman Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 05:50 PM

# 195 is one of my favorite M.U.S.C.L.E. figures along with the other Sunshine molds. I had # 195 in my original childhood collection but it was lost somewhere between a 9 year old kids house and back to mine a couple years after my dad gave away my 100+ figures that I obtained back in the 80's. Once I started collecting again # 195 was hard for me to get and it made me mad because I had him at one time. Keep on scrubbin that badboy! Im sure you will eventually erase the paint. I have done wonders on some dirty ink stained figures!

#3 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 06:53 PM

yeah, a friend of mine had this sculpt and the arch sculpt when i was a kid, and at the time i thought they were the poorest excuses for a figure i'd ever seen, mostly because i didn't understand any of the story behind sunshine.

but, looking at all the sunshine sculpts, i'd have to say the one that i hate the most is the "pyramid" sculpt. i mean, i dislike the arch, but at least it can stand up.

#4 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2003 - 05:37 AM

I hated the “pyramid” sculpt too! I always thought #195 was cool because it actually worked as a top. As a kid I always felt that he was the only MUSCLE that could actually “beat” another MUSCLE because he could knock them down while he was spinning.

Fast forward about 15 years and #195 became a huge thorn in my side. Thankfully rage was able to help me out. Hopefully your figure comes clean, I know I wouldn’t want to still be looking for him.

#5 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 05:46 AM

yeah, after i soak him a hot water and oxyclean bath, he should be fine. even if he's not "super mint", i still dig 'em.

my only problem is that he's hard to display. i wish someone ( ;) ) would make a custom of #195, that had a clear base, or something...

#6 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 08:42 AM

Well untill someone does, Take a pice of wood and make a small hole. You can make something look cool with that. Ive been wanting that mold since I got here and looked at the poster. He just seems spintacular.
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#7 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 04:26 PM

I've posted this before, but I'll post it again.

Go to home depot to the section where they have the large spools of rubber hoses. They come in different styles, and colors. Find the clear tubing and chop off a piece about 1/2 to 1 inch tall, it makes a perfect clear stand...for next to nothing. Or nothing depending on your moral standing.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com