Can anyone help? Thanks.

#2 McCTXToys

McCTXToys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:55 AM

I have 12 packs & blind single packs for sale.

#3 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Mega Bloks
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:05 AM

I have the exclusives I was not wanting to sell but if you have something exciting to trade maybe? ^_-
Posted Image

#4 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

I have 12 packs & blind single packs for sale.

How much are you asking for the 12 packs? Shoot me a PM.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#5 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Mega Bloks
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

I ended up listing my zombies on eBay starting at 99 cents and will combine on shipping so good luck bro :)
Posted Image

#6 squeaken

squeaken

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

Does anyone have any insight as to why series one is so difficult to find? Everywhere I go, there are plenty of series 2 and 3 and when I check on Ebay, I notice that series 1 figures are going for way more than makes any sense to me personally. If someone has the money and wants to pay that much then I wish them well but I can't justify paying $50 dollars for a package of figures that are being sold for $10 at stores. Was this a deliberate move on the part of Jakks Pacific? They're just contributing to artificial prices and continuing a trend I'll never really understand.

I managed a drug store when I was in college and some of my employees were into collecting Batman and Star Wars figures at the time. I started ordering cases for them so they could find the rare ones instead of having to wait outside of Target on Tuesday mornings. I went with them one day and was stunned at how grown men would be fighting over these things. I actually got back into collecting at about that time because it was another way to spend some really good time with my employees after work just comparing figures and trading. I don't know, maybe I've become a stuffy old man but I just don't agree with companies encouraging price gouging in secondary markets.

#7 mrniceguy1126

mrniceguy1126

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

Does anyone have any insight as to why series one is so difficult to find? Everywhere I go, there are plenty of series 2 and 3 and when I check on Ebay, I notice that series 1 figures are going for way more than makes any sense to me personally. If someone has the money and wants to pay that much then I wish them well but I can't justify paying $50 dollars for a package of figures that are being sold for $10 at stores. Was this a deliberate move on the part of Jakks Pacific? They're just contributing to artificial prices and continuing a trend I'll never really understand.

I managed a drug store when I was in college and some of my employees were into collecting Batman and Star Wars figures at the time. I started ordering cases for them so they could find the rare ones instead of having to wait outside of Target on Tuesday mornings. I went with them one day and was stunned at how grown men would be fighting over these things. I actually got back into collecting at about that time because it was another way to spend some really good time with my employees after work just comparing figures and trading. I don't know, maybe I've become a stuffy old man but I just don't agree with companies encouraging price gouging in secondary markets.

I'm not so sure it's price gouging by Jakks, just that series 1 has been out for a while and they've sold out/stopped producing them and moved on to series 2 & now series 3. Along with several other members on here, I've got a feeling that they'll be re-releasing them in the near future, so don't fret too much about not being able to find them (I haven't found them myself yet). If something is selling well and there's enough demand, they'll make (or, in this case, re-make) enough product to meet that demand.

On a side note, it's a pretty nice gesture that you were ordered cases of product like that for your employees. Yeah, grown men fight over toys. It happens all the time. When I was around 12, a guy (probably mid 20s) sprinted back to the shelves to get the Spawn toy I was after (both of the ones the store had in stock). Even at that age, I couldn't help but laugh at the situation. :lol:

#8 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:59 AM

I think series 1 is done being restocked. My TRU didn't restock it this past week. If anything, it will stay in stock until the current inventory in stores is emptied.

#9 squeaken

squeaken

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

I'm not so sure it's price gouging by Jakks, just that series 1 has been out for a while and they've sold out/stopped producing them and moved on to series 2 & now series 3. Along with several other members on here, I've got a feeling that they'll be re-releasing them in the near future, so don't fret too much about not being able to find them (I haven't found them myself yet). If something is selling well and there's enough demand, they'll make (or, in this case, re-make) enough product to meet that demand.

On a side note, it's a pretty nice gesture that you were ordered cases of product like that for your employees. Yeah, grown men fight over toys. It happens all the time. When I was around 12, a guy (probably mid 20s) sprinted back to the shelves to get the Spawn toy I was after (both of the ones the store had in stock). Even at that age, I couldn't help but laugh at the situation. :lol:

Appreciate the info MNG. I didn't see them in my TRU until just about a month ago, same goes for pretty much any store that carries collectible lines. I'm always on the lookout for items like the SLUGS figures. I guess I was just late to the dance. I've gone on ebay and was stunned at what people were asking for the series 1 figures. I'm glad that there's interest in LRG again and that companies are revisiting the genre. I think Matchbox would do well to fire up its MIMP machines as those that grew up with those toys are at an age where they have some disposable income and want to share the joy of collecting with their kids. I've been very fortunate with regard to employment and am able to share collecting with my daughter.

Some time back, I looked up Wham-o Super Ball on Ebay and couldn't believe what they were selling for. I contacted Wham-o and suggested they consider re-releasing that toy because of the nostalgia and the fact that a toy like that truly is a classic. I got the standard form response thanking me for my interest and explaining they had no plans of bringing it back and now it's a pretty good seller. I think if Matchbox brought back the single colored originals, they would have a top seller.

I still see grown men digging through the shelves like crazy people from time to time. It's funny you mention the Spawn figures because that is exactly what the two employees of mine were looking for the day I went with them. One managed to score a Malabolgia(sp)and he was giddy all day long. Take care.

#10 James

James

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:10 AM

I think there's a good chance they'll restock series 1 (and SLUG Zombies in general) around Halloween. On ActionFigureInsider there was an article about Target's Halloween section and how they had a slots
assigned for SLUG Zombies in the Halloween display. If series 1 doesn't reappear around Halloween, then they probably will around the Christmas shopping season.

If Halloween and Christmas go by and you still can't find series 1, then resort to eBay.

#11 GoreVidalMeaty

GoreVidalMeaty

Trojan Trebuchet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Toyfinity, Wrangler jeans, MIMP ALL series,
    M.U.S.C.L.E. Things and the mighty ARCO Red Lizardman.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:07 AM

I think I am done trying to track down the complete set of Series 1. My interest has waned. I also don't think I will be into the rest of the Zombies. I actually like the human figures far more. They seem they would make for excellent playing pieces for games like Elder Sign and the like. I am curious if JAKKS will indeed sell their Aliens / Monsters line. I have my fill of Zombies. Now I would like to mix it up a little with Aliens and Monsters for the little pink Heroes to fight.

I "heart" LRG!

#12 McCTXToys

McCTXToys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:15 AM

I think there's a good chance they'll restock series 1 (and SLUG Zombies in general) around Halloween. On ActionFigureInsider there was an article about Target's Halloween section and how they had a slots
assigned for SLUG Zombies in the Halloween display.

All I saw was Series 2 in the Halloween section and the normal toy aisle.

#13 squeaken

squeaken

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

Has anyone ever seen Series 1 in decent quantities at Target or TRU? I've never seen a single package and I frequent both stores. Judging by the prices on Ebay, it seems like a lot of people may have missed them or they just weren't distributed much.

#14 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

Has anyone ever seen Series 1 in decent quantities at Target or TRU? I've never seen a single package and I frequent both stores. Judging by the prices on Ebay, it seems like a lot of people may have missed them or they just weren't distributed much.

the first series was never at target/kmart, only toys r us, and was very very limited in distribution. when i had seen them at toys r us, they were quite plentiful, but that was long long ago now it seems(around march i think).

#15 JeffBohn

JeffBohn

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

Never saw any of Series 1 in my local stores, down to just needing Piece Mail Pete.

#16 squeaken

squeaken

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

Never saw any of Series 1 in my local stores, down to just needing Piece Mail Pete.

I did contact Jakks Pacific and asked why, after all the silliness of the past decade with grown men walking out of stores with cartloads of figures just so they can jack the prices up on the internet, would they continue the practice with an item that has a pretty young target audience. If I'm manufacturing a toy, I make what I believe the market would absorb, not do some weird limited distribution with none to follow. I did receivea thoughtful response stating that series 1 did have a very limited release as they just did not make that many. OK, I guess I can understand but now the stores floweth over with series 2 and 3. They obviously learned there was decent demand so why not fire up the series 1 molds instead of let the prices get so high on ebay? Even though there are adult collectors, in the end, it still is kids who might get burned by some chump who happened to stumble onto a few cases.

#17 TNT138

TNT138

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

I just bought some series 1 mystery boxes at a local (arkansas) Walgreens. They were in the Halloween section. I had not seen them anywhere else in the store before. They might have been sitting in the back and they decided to just throw them in with Halloween. I haven't seen series 1 anywhere else. I've only seen figures at Target. The local TRU hasn't stocked any.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com