33 replies to this topic

#1 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

I have read in previous threads that people here have been in contact with Jakks in regards to newer series. Has anyone heard of any series coming out after series 4? Or is the line officially toast?

#2 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

I have read in previous threads that people here have been in contact with Jakks in regards to newer series. Has anyone heard of any series coming out after series 4? Or is the line officially toast?

I think someone said here that Jakks told them the final couple Zombie series would be released. That was probably a couple months ago and I don't remember seeing anything after.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#3 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

I hope they make more but honestly I'd prefer a different theme now (aliens or monsters).

#4 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

I hope they make more but honestly I'd prefer a different theme now (aliens or monsters).

That's the thing, though.... If the Zombies aren't doing well, they won't likely do the monsters or aliens.

#5 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

That's the thing, though.... If the Zombies aren't doing well, they won't likely do the monsters or aliens.

the catch 22 there is... why put out more zombies if they're not performing well? why not try something different? I know the reasons but it seems like poor execution IMO. I woulda mixed the releases... one wave of zombies, then aliens, then monsters, repeat.

#6 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

I don't know. With as many of them being clearanced, I am surprised that they are completing the line. Maybe they are already produced, and they are just trying to dump them? Or, it was just bad timing, with them competing for real estate during the holidays?

#7 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

the catch 22 there is... why put out more zombies if they're not performing well? why not try something different? I know the reasons but it seems like poor execution IMO. I woulda mixed the releases... one wave of zombies, then aliens, then monsters, repeat.

At the rate they were releasing this line, seems to me like they might have already had the rest of the zombies in production. If that's the case that's probably why they would just crank out the rest of it instead and then call it a day with these instead of investing the time/money to change direction. Of course that's just speculation.

This reminded me: Anyone else notice the zombies flying off the shelves once they went on clearance? The Target I go to was loaded with both coffins and 3-packs at full price, now after a couple weeks on clearance, there's only a few 3-packs packs left. Wonder if that means they actually did appeal to people and the original price was just too high for most, or if they're just moving now because people like to buy stuff on clearance.

#8 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

Maybe they will wisen up and sell them in random packs of 4.

#9 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

At the rate they were releasing this line, seems to me like they might have already had the rest of the zombies in production. If that's the case that's probably why they would just crank out the rest of it instead and then call it a day with these instead of investing the time/money to change direction. Of course that's just speculation.

This reminded me: Anyone else notice the zombies flying off the shelves once they went on clearance? The Target I go to was loaded with both coffins and 3-packs at full price, now after a couple weeks on clearance, there's only a few 3-packs packs left. Wonder if that means they actually did appeal to people and the original price was just too high for most, or if they're just moving now because people like to buy stuff on clearance.

They are really selling here. Most of my Targets were way overstocked and then this week they are almost all sold out. I even noticed someone bought all the series 4 at Toys R Us which is still full retail.

#10 IronHeadRat

IronHeadRat

Connoisseur of plastics

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

I think part of the problem is the coffins. They definitely look cool and are a clever touch, but I think kids would rather see all the little figures they're getting, rather than the single one that currently peeks out. They haven't sold well in my area and I had to resort to trades here to get my Series 4 and Christmas sets.

#11 Billybobsgoat

Billybobsgoat

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:M.u.s.c.l.e, Slug Zombies

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Email response on continuation of the slug zombie line.

Thank you for contacting Consumer Relations,

I am glad to hear you are a fan of our Slug Zombie line. I have good news for you. The line will be continuing and you should see the new series released this spring at Walgreens and Toys R Us. If you have any further questions feel free to contact me.

#12 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

I am glad to hear you are a fan of our Slug Zombie line. I have good news for you. The line will be continuing and you should see the new series released this spring at Walgreens and Toys R Us. If you have any further questions feel free to contact me.

EXCELLENT news. Thank you for sharing. It will be interesting to see if anything SLUG-related will be shown at Toy Fair.

#13 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

EXCELLENT news. Thank you for sharing. It will be interesting to see if anything SLUG-related will be shown at Toy Fair.

Looks like Target has given up on the experiment.

#14 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Joyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

#15 Matlock

Matlock

My name is matlock and i am a lrg addict.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.
    Nintendo - NES,SNES,N64,GB,GBA,DS,3DS
    Lego- Mini Figs
    Micro Machines.
    BB.
    GPK.Cheapies, and OS Cards.
    Minikins.
    Bouncy balls.
    Dice.
    Dino's.
    Trash pack.
    Homies.
    Slugs.
    MIMP.
    Savage Mondo Blitzers.
    Uglies.
    Customs.
    All other cool looking little rubber guys!!
    Hand Blown Glass.
    Pliers.
    Marbles.
    Rocks/Minerals
    Knives.
    Hats.
    Old mason jars.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Schwing

Brown chicken , brown cow

#16 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

I'm stoked that I may still be able to get my zombie Popeye and Marion Cobretti survivor.

#17 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Looks like Target has given up on the experiment.

Yeah, which doesn't surprise me since they're the only place where they hung around on the shelves a long time, at least near me. I never saw them at TRU and the mini coffins sold very quickly at all the Walgreens in my area. I hope Walgreens will now be getting the 3-packs and 12-packs as well, assuming Jakks continues with those formats.

#18 Fishybob

Fishybob

Keshi Collector / Sculpter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Keshi, sculpting, comics, costuming, ZOMBIES

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

OH THANK GOD.

I'm already planning to make a large box frame and display them with the poster like I am doing my muscles......:)

CURRENT COLLECTION
* Set of 233 pink m.u.s.c.l.es *Flesh Satan Cross *Flesh Ring Figures
* Series 1 Flesh O.M.F.G * Series 2 Flesh O.M.F.G * Flesh Deadbeat
* Series 2 S.L.U.G Zombies * Series 3 S.L.U.G zombies * Series 4 S.L.U.G zombies
* Xmas wave S.L.U.G zombies

Posted Image

#19 TNT138

TNT138

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

well, I find this a little disappointing since my TRU hasn't stocked these at all. I found some at walgreens around halloween, but that was all. guess I'll be doing a lot of online ordering...

#20 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

don't bother with entertainment earth.

#21 TNT138

TNT138

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

why is that? I haven't dealt with them yet, but a few people on here seemed somewhat pleased.

#22 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

why is that? I haven't dealt with them yet, but a few people on here seemed somewhat pleased.

I ordered some SLUGs from EE and didn't have any issues. I pre-ordered a couple of the coffins and they shipped to me as soon as they became available. I also thought the prices were reasonable.

#23 Matlock

Matlock

My name is matlock and i am a lrg addict.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.
    Nintendo - NES,SNES,N64,GB,GBA,DS,3DS
    Lego- Mini Figs
    Micro Machines.
    BB.
    GPK.Cheapies, and OS Cards.
    Minikins.
    Bouncy balls.
    Dice.
    Dino's.
    Trash pack.
    Homies.
    Slugs.
    MIMP.
    Savage Mondo Blitzers.
    Uglies.
    Customs.
    All other cool looking little rubber guys!!
    Hand Blown Glass.
    Pliers.
    Marbles.
    Rocks/Minerals
    Knives.
    Hats.
    Old mason jars.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

I buy from them all the time. They good people
Brown chicken , brown cow

#24 keywolf

keywolf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

Good to hear they're releasing them all! I need Axl Rose zombie to join the band.....

Attached File  zombiehop.JPG   292.92K   28 downloads

#25 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:32 AM

i had wave 3 on order from them........they never got their stock in till way after stores got them.then on wave 4 they never got them in and i got my buddy in cali to grab me them from there,so i wouldn't bank on EE getting stock in for slugs until they've been on the store shelves for a month or two, even if they get the new waves. i just honestly think you guys would be better off having people pick up sets for you in store in case they havetheir preorders up for the wave 5 and 6, yet never get them in stock and by that time you guys may be screwed if those waves are sold out in stores

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com