Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Should LRG's have names, stats and backstories?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Should LRG's have names, stats and backstories? (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Should LRG's have names, stats and backstories, like MIMP, MWotR, and licensed figs (Marvel, MOTU, Alien), and not be left a blank slate, where you could create your own names, stats and backstories, like MUSCLE, OMFG, and Toysmith?

1. Yes. LRG's should have names, stats and backstories already provided. (3 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. No. I want to come up with my own names, stats and backstories. (2 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

3. No. I don't care about names, stats and backstories at all. (2 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 dellcartoons

dellcartoons

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:30 AM

For your LRG's, do you prefer them to have names, stats and backstories, like MIMP, MWotR, and licensed figs (Marvel, MOTU, Alien), or would you rather have a blank slate, where you could create your own names, stats and backstories, like MUSCLE, OMFG, and Toysmith?

I personally prefer them to have names, stats and backstories, but I've seen arguments both ways.

Edited by dellcartoons, 27 December 2016 - 07:42 AM.

#2 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:48 AM

Deciding which Muscle figures were good, bad, or neutral was apart of the fun playing with them back in the 80's. 

#3 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:13 AM

If you're into this kind of thing, you should check out the guy running the show behind Kaiju Kaos. He has done exactly this for many lines, and I believe he takes suggestions. (Whether or not he implements them is another thing, for sure.)

He's got a whole game based around it!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#4 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:15 AM

And I think your poll is a little skewed! It shouldn't be so black and white! ;)

I don't think figures SHOULD have names, but I like when they do.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#5 WendyW

WendyW

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:09 PM

Bit of both?

I like having names and descriptions, preferably brief ones that leave a lot to the imagination, for some lines, but they're not a must have by any means. Stats I couldn't really care less about. I have a hard time holding numbers in my head, so I'm utterly useless at comparing stats and always have been, so I just ignore those details.

My comics:

Gilbert and the Grim Rabbit - gilbertandgrim.com

Commander Cottontail - commandercottontail.com

#6 UraHameshi

UraHameshi

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Funko Toys, Moose Toys, Vinyl Toys, Nintendo Toys, Zombie Toys.

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:01 PM

I really don't mind if they don't include names or backstories, in the end I imagine those myself. What I care about is the figure design and material used to make them (if its sticky or something weird I don't buy).

#7 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:42 PM

I like the backstories as a launch pad. I love MIMP becuase I loved myths and legends. Which is why I prefered them to MUSCLE, but I didn't always need back stories. I would sometimes mix them with lines that did. My Real ghost busters (which had back stories) had a large cast of ghouls to bust thanks to some toys without backstories.

I guess the real kicker is just how cool the sculpt or figure is.  I don't think the Violence toys have back stories or non really that i know of, but damned if they weren't killer figures that ended up in my collection.

#8 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:33 AM

Alan?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com