132 replies to this topic

#76 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

^ This entire post is nonsense. You're now just arguing for the sake of arguing without actually addressing any of what's being said. There's no fallacy in having well-informed people give their thoughts on a subject. Ever heard of an expert witness?

Additionally, run Venom's pictures through Photoshop, enhance the contrast and no marbling appears! What you pointed out are just surface blemishes from bad casting.

#77 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

Just a few more things from my point of view and what I know about Venom.

1. The delay in responses isn't abnormal for him. Like I mentioned, he works long hours when the weather is nice. It's not strange to have someone who gets busy with life stay away from LRG and eBay because of other stuff going on in life.

I myself have been working really long hours lately and have been away from this board and eBay for days at a time. If I didn't own the board, I probably would have been gone for weeks at a time.

2. He has always done the bulk of his buying/selling (mostly buying) here on the board. His eBay account only got started in 2010. Before that, I don't know if he has ever bought from eBay before. He has been buying stuff here for 9 years though, and he has had a stellar reputation. Not everyone uses eBay. For many reasons.

3. Not everyone takes good pictures. As shown with Saleen's pic, if the lighting and angle is not good, then the marbling isn't apparent at all. That one pic Saleen took showed the marbling great on the bottom one and barely at all on the top one.

4. If I had some auctions worth a ton of money on eBay and I had a bunch of people claiming that they were "100% sure they were fake", I would definitely pull them, because the naysayers would only end up running off potential bidders and costing me money.

5. He bought something from imountainteacher. Unfortunately we can't pull up that auction to see if it was the repro weapons or one of the other repro items (like sleds or shields).

6. GJNL is 100% right to be skeptical for all the reasons he listed.My only complaint was to give the guy (Venom) a chance to reply since his long solid reputation affords him that courtesy.

Other than that, I would like to see Venom post here answering all the concerns raised, and then relist his stuff with better pics and hopefully get top dollar for his stuff.

#78 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

^ This entire post is nonsense. You're now just arguing for the sake of arguing without actually addressing any of what's being said. There's no fallacy in having well-informed people give their thoughts on a subject. Ever heard of an expert witness?

Additionally, run Venom's pictures through Photoshop, enhance the contrast and no marbling appears! What you pointed out are just surface blemishes from bad casting.

I've addressed everything that has been written, it's not my fault if people use fallacious arguments to support their claims.

There are people here claiming that these weapons are 100% fake, when the evidence just doesn't bear that out. The most anyone can say is that they might be fake. Sorry, but that's not enough for me to hang a long-term member in good standing out to dry.

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#79 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

If Venom does relist his LB stuff, best piece of advice when selling LB guns, hold the original gun in your hands and bend the barrel part of the gun as far as you can (without causing any damage of course), then have either yourself or someone else take the picture of it in your hands while its being bended, that should be good proof the gun is legit. You can't do that with the repros very well, their very solid and won't bend but maybe alittle bit, but no where near to the level of the original. If I had a camera I would show you an example as I just tested it with the Skull Grotess original and repro guns.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#80 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

Just a few more things from my point of view and what I know about Venom.

1. The delay in responses isn't abnormal for him. Like I mentioned, he works long hours when the weather is nice. It's not strange to have someone who gets busy with life stay away from LRG and eBay because of other stuff going on in life.

I myself have been working really long hours lately and have been away from this board and eBay for days at a time. If I didn't own the board, I probably would have been gone for weeks at a time.

2. He has always done the bulk of his buying/selling (mostly buying) here on the board. His eBay account only got started in 2010. Before that, I don't know if he has ever bought from eBay before. He has been buying stuff here for 9 years though, and he has had a stellar reputation. Not everyone uses eBay. For many reasons.

3. Not everyone takes good pictures. As shown with Saleen's pic, if the lighting and angle is not good, then the marbling isn't apparent at all. That one pic Saleen took showed the marbling great on the bottom one and barely at all on the top one.

4. If I had some auctions worth a ton of money on eBay and I had a bunch of people claiming that they were "100% sure they were fake", I would definitely pull them, because the naysayers would only end up running off potential bidders and costing me money.

5. He bought something from imountainteacher. Unfortunately we can't pull up that auction to see if it was the repro weapons or one of the other repro items (like sleds or shields).

6. GJNL is 100% right to be skeptical for all the reasons he listed.My only complaint was to give the guy (Venom) a chance to reply since his long solid reputation affords him that courtesy.

Other than that, I would like to see Venom post here answering all the concerns raised, and then relist his stuff with better pics and hopefully get top dollar for his stuff.

I can totaly agree with you here Jon as Venom is the only one who can clear this situation.

When it comes to the points, I'd like to point out #3 and #5 for two reasons;

3. True about the Saleen's pic but as we could also see that all the pictures Venom took for these auctions were a mutlitude of single pics each of another weapon and its hard to believe he took that same shot over and over again without having a change in angle which caused the absence of the kind of marbling we are looking for on ALL of the silver guns. Doubt if a flash is used since the subject and the background were to light for that, so that can't be it in my opinion. So for sure the lighting can be an issue when it comes to the marbling but we should not forget that these pics obviously seem to have been taken one at a time.

5. We all know Imountainteacher has been selling the Repo Gun set BUT NOT ALONE the repo gun set as he also had some Shields, and even some figs out if I remember correctly. What we can conclude is that ALL were reproductions which is still contradictory looking at his statement; I Hate Reproductions.............. 

Guess the word is up to Venom now.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#81 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

I can't believe what I'm reading in reguards to this.

The man clearly bought the fake reproductions, clearly took photos of the reproductions.

Lied to everyone here on this board saying he was going to list his collection, then only listed the reproductions he had purchased.

He went out of his way to not only scam any Ebay user but particuarly single out to target the board members here by promoting the scam beforehand.

I keep seeing everyone say hes such a great guy. I can tell you he has contributed very little to this board since 2004 with 309 posts.

I have no idea why I am seeing all this defense for someone who has clearly undeniably tried to scam.

Edited by Toxoviper, 19 May 2013 - 01:14 PM.

#82 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

Venom if you read this could you please check your PM here ? I have contacted you days ago but you never read my message. Thanks.

#83 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10724 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

I don't understand why anybody is shitting on Stronty for posing logical arguments, in the midst of a mainly speculative witch-hunt. 

While I understand the feeling of feeling gipped, the only person that knows for sure what the deal is, is Venom. Without his testimony, we really don't have anything, and Danny isn't a bastard for pointing that out. 

He may be sardonically replying to those arguments (which are presented as fact in some posts, yet clearly are not), since he was more or less called out for being a wise-ass... But, he is not incorrect, even if he's being cheeky. 

Man, some of you would have crumbled in front of the old Veers, if you think Danny is being "mean". 

If Venom doesn't come forward, THEN light your torches, I guess. There's no sense in speculating the board into a giant tizzy, though. It may not be that big a deal, in the end.

#84 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't their a long timer on this forum before who tried to scam as well? Just because a member has been on this forum longer than others doesn't mean that member isn't capable of being/becoming a scammer as much as a newer member. Less likely, but just as capable if not more so with more knowledge of the subject. If your going to post 30 auctions on ebay I would think you would be more attentive to them and be around to answer questions from potential bidders. I don't think the ebay account is a dummy account, posting his same name here and on their should be a good indicator of that, but if you can't find the time to address the details of your auctions, then you shouldn't be posting them for sale in the first place. Both sides have their opinions, but the side that actually collects BB/LB stuff have valid factual points that lend more evidence to the repro belief. But as already pointed out, nobody can call this 100% one way or the other. Venom stated they were original but he hasn't actually gone through the trouble of proving it, their is a very simple way of doing that as I mentioned previously which is post pictures of them being bended in his hand and he can make everybody who doubted him feel dumb.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#85 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

I don't understand why anybody is shitting on Stronty for posing logical arguments, in the midst of a mainly speculative witch-hunt. 

While I understand the feeling of feeling gipped, the only person that knows for sure what the deal is, is Venom. Without his testimony, we really don't have anything, and Danny isn't a bastard for pointing that out. 

He may be sardonically replying to those arguments (which are presented as fact in some posts, yet clearly are not), since he was more or less called out for being a wise-ass... But, he is not incorrect, even if he's being cheeky. 

Man, some of you would have crumbled in front of the old Veers, if you think Danny is being "mean". 

If Venom doesn't come forward, THEN light your torches, I guess. There's no sense in speculating the board into a giant tizzy, though. It may not be that big a deal, in the end.

I don't consider it a "witch hunt" when a board member annouces he will be selling his authentic collection, then lists undeniably fakes.

Under his same account we can see that he purchased said fakes.

Then SD tries to argue for Venom without even the simple knowledge that he annouced this sale.

To me there is nothing to come forward about. To say what ?

1, Annouced Authentic Collection Sale - Lie

2. Listed Fakes as Authentic - Lie

Why do we need a third lie "I was selling Authentics but took photos of Fakes"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't their a long timer on this forum before who tried to scam as well? Just because a member has been on this forum longer than others doesn't mean that member isn't capable of being/becoming a scammer as much as a newer member. Less likely, but just as capable if not more so with more knowledge of the subject. If your going to post 30 auctions on ebay I would think you would be more attentive to them and be around to answer questions from potential bidders. I don't think the ebay account is a dummy account, posting his same name here and on their should be a good indicator of that, but if you can't find the time to address the details of your auctions, then you shouldn't be posting them for sale in the first place. Both sides have their opinions, but the side that actually collects BB/LB stuff have valid factual points that lend more evidence to the repro belief. But as already pointed out, nobody can call this 100% one way or the other. Venom stated they were original but he hasn't actually gone through the trouble of proving it, their is a very simple way of doing that as I mentioned previously which is post pictures of them being bended in his hand and he can make everybody who doubted him feel dumb.

I can call it

1. Annouced Collection Sale - Didn't Happen

2. Listed Fakes as Authentic

3. Admited it was his Ebay account

The Guns pictured were 100% Reproductions, the exact set of reproductions missing several Lasers.

#86 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

imountainteacher (who sold the repro LB weapons) also sold many knockoff GI Joes. In particular, they were custom gold and silver Storm Shadows (obviously reproductions because of the unique colors) but also blue Cobra Soldiers that were almost indistinguishable from the real thing (except that the rivets look slightly different).

#87 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

Well it's certainly a interesting post.
I just want to know who lied about me as I can promise you all I didn't bid on these Lasers.
To me there not worth the plastic scrap value.
These were Repos for sure.

#88 Skullcruncher

Skullcruncher

Transformer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

I Hate Reproductions.............. 

Perhaps you could obtain some reproductions then take side by side photos with originals? It would be of great benefit of the community.

#89 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:07 AM

Perhaps you could obtain some reproductions then take side by side photos with originals? It would be of great benefit of the community.

Saleen already did a good try with this but I agree we might have to look a little more into this because there are still some odds and ends. But I doubt if we'll ever be able to tell whether the brown lasers are fakes or real when listed in a proper way as they are just to close to the real deal and the main difference is found within their flexibility which is something that can't be extracted from the pic. I've been trying to get one for a while to make a clear side by side review but haven't been to lucky in finding one. One got lost in the mail and I haven't found another one yet.

Here is another hard fact which directly rejects a lot of speculations and agruments within this topic and IMHO there is not more evidence we need;

8757704628_c26c524950_c.jpg

Attached File  Scam.JPG   12.88K   6 downloads

So far I was unable to trace this as I thought this additional information concerning the exact items dissapeared after a while, and so was the case looking at it from venomtwb's profile but in the history of Mr. Imountainteacher the exact item is still mentioned as can be seen on a line from the print screen above. No shield sled or other repo item outside the weapons were bought as the only thing that was purchased by venomtwb was:

Custom-made Battle Beast Laser with 33 weapons

Edited by GJNL, 20 May 2013 - 03:24 AM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#90 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10724 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:45 AM

I am not at all trying to say that there is no funny business... I am just saying, wait until there is a little more concrete information. 

If the guy is found Oaking, then hell yeah, light him up. 

And give Danny a hug. He hates that.

#91 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:06 AM

I am not at all trying to say that there is no funny business... I am just saying, wait until there is a little more concrete information. 

If the guy is found Oaking, then hell yeah, light him up. 

And give Danny a hug. He hates that.

How long must we wait we wait?

All of this is going on and he has only bothered to write 2 small posts defending himself.

Right now im doing 10 shows a week and spending most of my life on a tour bus. But i still have time to get on my mobile and check in on this cool site it really doesnt take long.

If i had over $2000 worth of lasers on ebay you can bet i would certainly make more time for them and the people who are interested in them one way or another.

#92 organicbeets

organicbeets

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

well, im just getting to this...wow. So i dont know venom at all, but looking over only the evidence, pictures, claims, and zero responses to valid qurstions about valuable priducts being sold as fakes... i know i would not bid on those as real weapons, thats for sure. Feels very very very fishie.  good work guys...

#93 elijahfett2

elijahfett2

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

ultimately i think repos are an awesome to buy a piece i cant afford, as long as i know what i getting, but if you as missleading may karma get you

#94 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

I think the main crime here, is what you guys have done to the English language

#95 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

Whut chew tuckin aboot?

#96 WarOnTheShore

WarOnTheShore

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

If you're so concerned about the English language, why have a comma in that sentence?

#97 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10724 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

Because he paused, silly.

#98 TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

Wow :pardon:

#99 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

Kinda glad I don't collect laserbeasts after reading thru this thread.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#100 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10724 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

You said it, brother. 

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com