9 replies to this topic

#1 albaldwin83

albaldwin83

Closing in on the final LBs!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:12 AM

Updated after acquiring a few pieces. Still need those listed below.....

Hi guys,

After a couple of years out of the collecting game I am considering adding a few more Laser Beasts to my collection. I'm only after the beasts and the lasers (i.e. not really fussed about shields, sleds, etc.). My want list is as follows:

BEASTS AND LASERS

Brown Lion
Grencats
Fight Horn
Hustle Bear
Killer Hound
Dragon Seahorn
Skull Grotess
King Buster
Slag King
Jeerer Monkey
Hornhead
Monkey Fighter
Flying Dragon
Kickback
Skybat
Grin Reefer
Salmomanther
Dino Gator

LASERS ONLY (beast not needed)

Sea Panic

Would be interested in any if the above if the price is right.

Look forward to hearing from you!

albaldwin83

Edited by albaldwin83, 17 February 2015 - 10:03 AM.

#2 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:43 AM

Replied your PM, glad to have you back on board!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#3 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:56 PM

Welcome back mate. Happy hunting!

#4 albaldwin83

albaldwin83

Closing in on the final LBs!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:55 PM

Bump

#5 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:45 AM

Just as a heads up, many of those figures are currently up for bid on Yahoo Auctions Japan boxed/complete, most ending in three days. There have been a lot up lately. Have a look:

http://auctions.sear...ービースト&x=13&y=21

You can use a bidding service to bid on these. I think some people might be intimidated by the intermediary fees, but as long as you don't overbid your final cost  won't be anything close to what many western re-sellers will try to charge you, so it's really worth looking into. 

Rinkya has a good interface so I usually use them to keep track of auctions, but not bid because their fees are higher. Buyee appears to be sponsored by YAJ and have lower fees; I usually use them to bid. Japonica Market also seems to have lower fee tables, but I've not used them yet. That's only a few, there are dozens. Most if not all offer English interfaces and communicate with you in English.

The terms you need to know for searching are ビーストフォーマー for Beastformers, and レーザービースト for Laser Beasts. Just copy/paste those into a notepad for easy access (I actually have them at the bottom of my 'Interests' section of my profile (to the left) :p

Edited by bachamn, 18 February 2015 - 06:51 AM.

#6 OldGamer84

OldGamer84

Do what now?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:LRGs!!

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:35 PM

Just as a heads up, many of those figures are currently up for bid on Yahoo Auctions Japan boxed/complete, most ending in three days. There have been a lot up lately. Have a look:

http://auctions.sear...ービースト&x=13&y=21

You can use a bidding service to bid on these. I think some people might be intimidated by the intermediary fees, but as long as you don't overbid your final cost  won't be anything close to what many western re-sellers will try to charge you, so it's really worth looking into. 

Rinkya has a good interface so I usually use them to keep track of auctions, but not bid because their fees are higher. Buyee appears to be sponsored by YAJ and have lower fees; I usually use them to bid. Japonica Market also seems to have lower fee tables, but I've not used them yet. That's only a few, there are dozens. Most if not all offer English interfaces and communicate with you in English.

The terms you need to know for searching are ビーストフォーマー for Beastformers, and レーザービースト for Laser Beasts. Just copy/paste those into a notepad for easy access (I actually have them at the bottom of my 'Interests' section of my profile (to the left) :p

I would upvote you 10 more times if I could.  I don't collect BB/LB, but this has opened worlds to me.  Thank you.

Don't tell my wife I bought more toys...

#7 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:21 PM

no problem, glad to help out! This is one way a lot of people could really improve their collecting game. I saved so much by purchasing my LBs from Japan, I'd likely still be many figures away from a set if I'd paid anything close to some of the absurd prices I've been hearing lately. There have been countless posts about how to bid on YAJ on here but they get buried or missed easily. I didn't find them myself until after I'd figured it all out on my own ;)

#8 OldGamer84

OldGamer84

Do what now?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:41 PM

Very true.  Some of these freaking toy lines got shipped and sold in the weirdest locations.

For such a trivial hobby, I didn't realize I would be learning how to navigate foreign auctions, haha.

Whelp, I'm gonna grab a beer and see if I can figure out how the hell to translate "Fistful of aliens" and other search terms to Japanese, haha.

#9 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:11 PM

Very true.  Some of these freaking toy lines got shipped and sold in the weirdest locations.

For such a trivial hobby, I didn't realize I would be learning how to navigate foreign auctions, haha.

Whelp, I'm gonna grab a beer and see if I can figure out how the hell to translate "Fistful of aliens" and other search terms to Japanese, haha.

I used to buy FOA from japan but lately the prices has jumped quite a bit. very similar ebay prices, or higher on certain items.

#10 OldGamer84

OldGamer84

Do what now?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:00 PM

I used to buy FOA from japan but lately the prices has jumped quite a bit. very similar ebay prices, or higher on certain items.

Yeah, finding FOAs outside of the common figs is a pain.  I did find 6 or 7 active Japanese auctions so it was worth my time to explore, though I won't bid on them.

But like you said, the prices match Ebay's pretty closely.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Laser Beasts

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com