5 replies to this topic

#1 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:57 AM

Over the years I have heard several members bash Ninja Mites. But have never really understood what is behind the hatred. Is it the prices they fetch? Or what is it exactly? Everyone please post your opinion on the buggers and why so many people talk smack on them.

I actually just got my first ninja mites in a muscle lot. And I actually like them. Makes me wonder why I have never bought any. Since I now like them I must know why everyone hates them. ;)

#2 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:01 PM

Personally, I have no hatred of the toyline. It is the behavior displayed by alot of collectors of that line that I find reprehensible, and I feel that more than a few people would agree with that sentiment.

#3 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:41 PM

Yep... that's it for me. The dramas can be funny to read through.... but totally turned me off to the toy line as a whole.
I was actually just starting to get into mimp when some collector behavior completely soured me on that toy line too. I kept a few I had... might even still paint some, but won't pursue them.

#4 halfbad

halfbad

http://adamprattart.com/

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:Toy figures, miniature painting, gaming, sculpting.

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:50 PM

Collect what you like, and if someone has a problem with that, #@*$ em. Seriously, if they bring you happiness, collect it. I like a little bit of everything, but you collect for YOU, not for someone else.
"Do your damnedest in an ostentatious manner all the time."
-George S. Patton

My art.

#5 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:09 PM

i dont think i hate anyone that collects in general. ive never cared for the figures myself, the lack of detail and design is poor imo, but i still have a handful. Everyone here has different opinions and interests, to each their own and in the end we are all LRG collectors. ;)

plus i think the ninjamite "hate" came as a running joke of the collectors going to vaste lengths to "search ninjamites". :lol:

#6 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:42 PM

Ugly figures. That's about it for me. But yeah, the "I search N.I.N.J.A. Mites" bit was just a comical poke at malformed engrish.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com