• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#26 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:09 AM

Are we just too deep in the nerd section for most collectors to come in here?

I don't have any of the posters, but i've been reading this thread intently. :unsure:
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#27 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:13 AM

So, I found my poster and it was flesh. I remember having a 50/50, so there may be another floating around here somewhere.

#28 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:15 AM

I would be willing to give any information from the other two posters if anyone needs me to. Just ask.

Are the colored figures images on the colored poster pictures of real, colored figures or doctored images of flesh figures?

In my opinion the colored muscles on the poster are pictures of actual muscles. Although I am not sure what you mean by doctored pictures of flesh figures? :unsure: I believe they are actual photos of the muscles because you can see the glare from the flash in the plastic on the figure in the photo. I hope this will help whatever we are trying to figure out in this thread. If anyone needs me to glance again LMK :angry:

#29 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:37 AM

In my opinion the colored muscles on the poster are pictures of actual muscles. Although I am not sure what you mean by doctored pictures of flesh figures? :unsure: I believe they are actual photos of the muscles because you can see the glare from the flash in the plastic on the figure in the photo. I hope this will help whatever we are trying to figure out in this thread. If anyone needs me to glance again LMK :angry:

Thanks Philly, that's great! Now we just need to track down a 100% color poster....

Posted Image

#30 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:39 AM

i think they're basically wondering if they took the time to color shift the pictures, with graphic software or other means, and make a flesh figure appear to be green or light blue and so on.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#31 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:53 AM

i think they're basically wondering if they took the time to color shift the pictures, with graphic software or other means, and make a flesh figure appear to be green or light blue and so on.

Yes, and the reason this is important is because, as Fitz has pointed out, several of the figures pictured on the poster aren't currently predicted to exist by the MUSCLE color code. It's possible several of the figures, if real figures and not doctored flesh figures, may be one of a kind. (It's also just as likely they were thrown in the trash by Mattel employees.)

And the reason I use the word "doctored" is because back in 1984-85, I'm not sure people were using computer programs to alter images, but they probably were. If they weren't using computers, they may have used some other technique. But, if they're real figures, than it's all moot. :D
Posted Image

#32 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:38 AM

How would you be able to tell? I am no expert but are there ways to distinguish this?

#33 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:54 AM

Well, you should be able to look at the pictures of a particular figure on each poster and tell from the positions they are in or lighting or whatever.

Posted Image

#34 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:27 PM

look at the values of the color. if it appears that the darker areas are more flat and don't have the amount of contrast that you'd expect it's a pretty safe bet that they're doctored. when most people shift the color they do it the fast and easy way. getting the color changed just right to match a particular value is easy. making it look like you've done nothing and the picture is in the original color is not always easy. you have to balance the color shift in not only the midtones, but also the shadows and highlights. something that would take quite a bit of time, more than i'm sure they were willing to spend on a reissue of the poster.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#35 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:21 AM

But I would say the quickest thing to do would be to take a picture of one of the colored figures on the poster in question, and then transfer it into Paint. Then in there you should be able to hit the Undo button, and if it changes to Flesh then it's been doctored.

:lol:

Posted Image

#36 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:47 PM

Via a google search, there is what appears to be a full-color poster on MPS4ever.com... but google (I think) seems to identify that site as having malware(?).

Attached Files

Posted Image

#37 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:53 PM

I talk to Darrin every now and then, I have emailed him about it.

#38 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:51 AM

He could not find a picture, although he thought there was one.

So based on any physical evidence, it looks like there are only two posters: (1) Flesh; (2) and Flesh and Color.

#39 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:18 AM

Yes, I think that's the best assumption. As URS said, if there were an all-color poster, it would be documented here somewhere. It's very likely that all references to a "color" poster were references to the 50/50 poster.

Theorgg mentioned arforbes winning an all-color one on ebay a while back. Safe to say that's an urban legend? Care to back that up with any evidence Theorgg, or are you content to just spread vicious rumors? :woot:

Edited by Soupie, 05 October 2009 - 08:20 AM.

Posted Image

#40 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:53 AM

You know. I think it's actually interesting to say the least that there wasn't an all color poster.

I smell a LRG Exclusive.... ***Sniff Sniff*** :woot:

Posted Image

#41 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:42 PM

I'll look for proof this weekend. I remember it was long before Lucifer's fall from grace, and even before he netted the gross of Future Man bootlegs for $5 + shipping. Remember what he sold those packs for individually? $5.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#42 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:29 PM

If that's the case Orgg, I'm pretty sure it was the half/half poster. I recall him winning one, posting he won it, then shortly after posting it for sale on the board specifically mentioning the #8 an #10 mistake being on it.

Posted Image

#43 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:34 PM

Is this what you're thinking of theorgg?

http://www.littlerub...d...st&p=188474
Posted Image

#44 Jamesullivan

Jamesullivan

M.U.S.C.L.E. Champion 123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Self personal training, sports, RPGs, dogs, and lots of hot tea(black plain with no milk or sugar..though someimes I use a cinnamin or rock candy stick).

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:13 PM

Really? Nobody has one. :bunny:

I didn't ever buy any because it just didn't make sense from a space point of view. I knew I'd never hang them up. I thought I remembered people framing them and all kinds of stuff. Are we just too deep in the nerd section for most collectors to come in here?

I honestly read and post in the bottom section. Once I move to the top section of topics, I mainly read and try to keep my posting here to short sweet facts.

Fleshy Poster for me. It would be cool to see a flesh set and a colored set side by side on a wall enclosed in a case with the figures arranged exactly like the poster. :M :bunny: :

Just a side note. The figures I own in a test, colored figures and flesh figures do stand with the same standability. This was a trial of ten colors and their fleshy counterparts. Putting a stamp on that, the mega match figures likewise stand on their feet with equal ease as their fleshy counterparts. :bunny:

Edited by Jamesullivan, 05 October 2009 - 07:17 PM.

Fight for M.U.S.C.L.E.
On second thought, just watch.... M.U.S.C.L.E. Wrestling Videos

#45 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:13 AM

We're not really the geeks of the geeks, right? :teehee:

You say that like it would be a bad thing. ;)

#46 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:30 AM

Geek pride!

:teehee:
Posted Image

#47 Matlock

Matlock

My name is matlock and i am a lrg addict.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.
    Nintendo - NES,SNES,N64,GB,GBA,DS,3DS
    Lego- Mini Figs
    Micro Machines.
    BB.
    GPK.Cheapies, and OS Cards.
    Minikins.
    Bouncy balls.
    Dice.
    Dino's.
    Trash pack.
    Homies.
    Slugs.
    MIMP.
    Savage Mondo Blitzers.
    Uglies.
    Customs.
    All other cool looking little rubber guys!!
    Hand Blown Glass.
    Pliers.
    Marbles.
    Rocks/Minerals
    Knives.
    Hats.
    Old mason jars.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

Stay off the crack bro. :unsure:

lmao
Brown chicken , brown cow

#48 Guest_General Veers_*