#5 tofudrifter81

tofudrifter81

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman, MUSCLE, BB, RoboTech, Sprial Zone, SD Gundam

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:29 AM

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what Am I MISSING here. WHO or what is relaunching the Battle beast line? I POOPED alittle
"They didn't make me Captain because I could sail"

#6 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:17 AM

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what Am I MISSING here. WHO or what is relaunching the Battle beast line? I POOPED alittle

Ha....ewww

#7 Kingjaja

Kingjaja

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:40 AM

Diamond Select Toys just recently did the rounds promoting the new Battle Beasts line at the toy shows this year. They handed out a minimate figure with battle beast features. it was a crocodile with 5 different colours if you include the yellow one that was advertised with the minimate play set.

Diamond Select Toys bought the rights to the Battle Beast name after Takara did't renew it and that's kind of how it happened. Down side is they down own the hologram rub sign technologies.

I found this website over a year ago it feels like and i check it form time to time. The other day when I checked it there was a countdown.

SO now you are up to date! :)

#8 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:19 PM

What will happen 12th of april ?? do the date match with a convention (CC, Toyfair) or something ??

Edited by trumanshower, 12 December 2011 - 01:23 AM.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#9 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:51 PM

I hope they'll come up with something better than the minimate figure they presented. I've also seen some pictures of other concept Battle Beasts figs from another game show this year which looked a bit more promissing but I guess they'll have a hard time getting some of the real collectors on board. As it wont be easy to come up with better designs than the originals which in my opinion are already 21st century proof as they did hell of a good design job in Japan during the '80!

Let's hope its worth it and that the countdown really will bring something interesting............... for now and based on the concepts I've seen from them including the minimate I remain sceptical.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#10 tofudrifter81

tofudrifter81

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman, MUSCLE, BB, RoboTech, Sprial Zone, SD Gundam

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:42 PM

Diamond Select Toys just recently did the rounds promoting the new Battle Beasts line at the toy shows this year. They handed out a minimate figure with battle beast features. it was a crocodile with 5 different colours if you include the yellow one that was advertised with the minimate play set.

Diamond Select Toys bought the rights to the Battle Beast name after Takara did't renew it and that's kind of how it happened. Down side is they down own the hologram rub sign technologies.

I found this website over a year ago it feels like and i check it form time to time. The other day when I checked it there was a countdown.

Awesome, I hope this will live up the hype. I hate living in anticipation and then getting super bummed out because it sucks balls. Just like the Live Action G.I. Joe movie. LOL
"They didn't make me Captain because I could sail"

#11 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:07 PM

Awesome, I hope this will live up the hype. I hate living in anticipation and then getting super bummed out because it sucks balls. Just like the Live Action G.I. Joe movie. LOL

There isnt much that could suck as bad as that movie.

#12 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:01 AM

its probably just a count down till they get rid of the website. :lol:

#13 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:03 AM

It's not uncommon at all for companies to sit on hundreds of patents and trademarks, either because they never get around to using them or because they want to prevent competitors from using potentially profitable ideas.

#14 GammaJetpunch

GammaJetpunch

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:20 AM

Oh look, a countdown.

And by "Oh look, a countdown", I really mean "WHO CARES?!?!??!"

They've decided to NOW make something big? Why did they waste 2 years on sitting on the name... oh, and they DON'T have access to the holographic technologies?! They'd BETTER have those stinking glass orbs, or SOME means of showing a random element, or this incarnation is just as bad as G.I. Joe Extreme... or Extreme Dinosaurs was to Street Sharks!!! THIS, and how Wizards of the Coast destroyed D&D with "4th Edition" (I don't care if some of you "like" 4th Edition... I HATE it, and their business sense is miserable!)

The roar rages on, and I've got a BULLET with your name on it, Diamond Select, if you fail us, miserably!

... Well, not a "Bullet", proverbially. More like a Bulette (aka D&D/Pathfinder Land Shark).

Edited by GammaJetpunch, 12 December 2011 - 11:22 AM.

#15 Edrixx

Edrixx

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:51 AM

Oh look, a countdown.

And by "Oh look, a countdown", I really mean "WHO CARES?!?!??!"

They've decided to NOW make something big? Why did they waste 2 years on sitting on the name... oh, and they DON'T have access to the holographic technologies?! They'd BETTER have those stinking glass orbs, or SOME means of showing a random element, or this incarnation is just as bad as G.I. Joe Extreme... or Extreme Dinosaurs was to Street Sharks!!! THIS, and how Wizards of the Coast destroyed D&D with "4th Edition" (I don't care if some of you "like" 4th Edition... I HATE it, and their business sense is miserable!)

The roar rages on, and I've got a BULLET with your name on it, Diamond Select, if you fail us, miserably!

... Well, not a "Bullet", proverbially. More like a Bulette (aka D&D/Pathfinder Land Shark).

I agree with your "or SOME means of showing a random element" comment. If they just do what they did with the gator for every BB I will be pretty disappointed.

That being said, I love the hype! Hope the lineup rocks!

#16 WarOnTheShore

WarOnTheShore

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:19 PM

Is there any evidence that Diamond even wants to consider the different elements theme? From their point of view, they have to figure out what's going to make them the most money and not what a few dozen collectors may want. If they think no rub or orb is fine and doing them in 'mate style works, what can ya do? I'm stoked to see what they come up with.

#17 TOPHER

TOPHER

Chit Happens.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Interests:My Recording Studio, Video Games, Shelby Cobras, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle/Laser/Greek Beasts, MIMP+WIMP, Remco Mini Mashers, Figurines holding any kind of musical instrument, Weird Ball Wrestlers......

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:11 AM

Huuummm.......COUNTDOWN ?,ending in 2012........end of the world? :lol:

-
'On Sale' or 'For Sale'. It's really the same thing! The word, 'Sale' means YOU CAN BUY IT,
not that it is discounted. We as consumers are conditioned to think"On Sale"means it's cheaper.
Posted Image

#18 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:20 PM

As long as they aren't Minimate-Redux, I'm down!

#19 GammaJetpunch

GammaJetpunch

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:22 PM

Is there any evidence that Diamond even wants to consider the different elements theme? From their point of view, they have to figure out what's going to make them the most money and not what a few dozen collectors may want. If they think no rub or orb is fine and doing them in 'mate style works, what can ya do? I'm stoked to see what they come up with.

Not the point. If you can't do a product right, don't do it, at all.

Also, us "few" collectors range in the dozens (if not the hundred[s]).

Edited by GammaJetpunch, 13 December 2011 - 09:23 PM.

#20 adam16bit

adam16bit

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts. Battle Beasts. Beast Saga. OMFG.

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:16 PM

Actually, it was *last* year and only 3 flavors were handed out at shows-- one was a "freebie" with a Minimates carry case.
Silver Gator = Toy Fair 2010, sword
Gold Gator = Comic-Con 2010, axe (similar to the one shown in the playset that never got released)
Red Gator = Carry Case Premium, the only one sold at retail, not sure which weapon he has
Black Gator = C2E2 2010, gun

...if there's a fifth one, I missed the memo. Also was a series of non-Minimates Battle Beasts prototypes, but those were (last I asked) definitely not coming out. But I was also told they weren't doing anything with Beasts any time soon so... hunh. Well, that's good news ain't it?

The trademarks/copyrights/etc. are an interesting series of stories I'm still trying to unravel... but there's a lot going on there.

--Adam Pawlus
16bit.com and elsewhere

#21 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:26 PM

First shown at SDCC '09

http://www.littlerub...showtopic=27816

Edited by Ericnilla, 13 December 2011 - 11:31 PM.

#22 adam16bit

adam16bit

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts. Battle Beasts. Beast Saga. OMFG.

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:31 PM

the original yellow one was a SDCC '09 figure

Posted Image

Do prototypes count? They didn't hand any out in 2009, it was just on display as a part of that playset which didn't come out. The figure wasn't even in the playset the first day or so if I recall, they put it in there later. That or I just missed it the first time through, the item doesn't exist for sale or anything. I did a write up a long time ago-- which is obviously now out of date since the item never saw release.

I'm pretty sure the promotional figures were done largely to continue to hold the trademarks while the line was developed behind-the-scenes, sort of like why Spinal Tap tours every few years to not lose the character names. But I am not a trademark attorney and know mostly what I read in the papers.

--Adam Pawlus
16bit.com and elsewhere

#23 mca19

mca19

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Battle Beasts/Laser Beasts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:12 AM

Sorry, but you'll have to mark me down in the "few" collectors that could give a crap less unless they bring them back like they started. I like the rubber guys, I'm not interested in animal legos. Give me rubber moveable figures, a rub sign or orb, and a horrible name that makes no sense (like ferocious tiger that looks as ferocious as a housecat that just ate poop out of the litter box), that is what I want. I've seen what companies have done with GI Joe, Thundercats, He-man, etc and if this turns out like that, I'll pass. I get super excited time and time again only to be let down in the worst possible way.

#24 mannakat

mannakat

Electro Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:Creature junkie, werewolves, dinosaurs

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:49 AM

I'm hoping the figures will avoid the Mini-mates route and go with the other designs that DST had presented. Some might remember the figures from a while back, which I enjoyed quite a bit (I'll attach an image @ end of post, photo is not mine though) even if they were still a little over the top.

I just hope they know what they're doing, especially since the marketing and word-of-mouth about these figures has been pretty pathetic. A lot of unknowns.

Attached File  IMG_7506.jpg   95.32K   94 downloads

Edited by khaomera, 15 December 2011 - 07:50 AM.

#25 WarOnTheShore

WarOnTheShore

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:42 AM

Sorry if I offended wit the "few" collectors remark, but it's true. From the perspective of a business, they can't go by what we want unless there is proof that the general public would also be interested. There aren't enough of us. This isn't He-Man or GI Joe. I'd love a fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh series of small, rubber figures. But I'm not gong to get my hopes up about it and crap on any idea that DST goes with otherwise.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com