• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Tusket15

Tusket15

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling ( Yes, I'm a high school varsity wrestler.)<br>Drawing<br>Going to www.newgrounds.com

Posted 26 March 2005 - 03:13 PM

Do you guys think "Fistful of Power" will out preform M.U.S.C.L.E., or will it become a huge failure? Let's hear it. ;)

#2 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 03:29 PM

Its not better than muscle but its no failure

Edited by The Monkey King, 26 March 2005 - 03:29 PM.

#3 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 03:41 PM

I doubt it'll last long, to be honest. Although the toys are fun, the game is terribly-made, and they have very little exposure.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 03:53 PM

I doubt it'll last long, to be honest. Although the toys are fun, the game is terribly-made, and they have very little exposure.

That works too

#5 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 26 March 2005 - 04:11 PM

...and they have very little exposure.

I don't know, I see commercials for them every night on Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon (we only watch cartoons in my house, my poor wife). I think they could possibly outperform M.U.S.C.L.E., we'll see.

#6 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 04:19 PM

...and they have very little exposure.

I don't know, I see commercials for them every night on Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon (we only watch cartoons in my house, my poor wife). I think they could possibly outperform M.U.S.C.L.E., we'll see.

I've only seen it 2 times but i'm a kid and i watch vh1 and a few cartoons (though usally simpsons)

Edited by The Monkey King, 26 March 2005 - 04:22 PM.

#7 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 26 March 2005 - 04:22 PM

I've only seen it 2 times but i'm a kid and i watch vh1 and not as much cartoons

Haha, that's kind of a paradox... all I watch is cartoons, even if my son isn't home.

Edited by Goriki, 26 March 2005 - 04:23 PM.

#8 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 04:50 PM

Good point, they do have commercials. The darn things are just hard to find at stores.

#9 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 04:53 PM

Unless they improve their game, FoP will go the same way as Jagun Fighters. the Jagun fighters were great, but the game REALLY lacked complexity. it had a good showing, stuck around for a short while, and then just sort of faded away. I still collect 'em when I can, though.

#10 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 04:55 PM

Unless they improve their game, FoP will go the same way as Jagun Fighters. the Jagun fighters were great, but the game REALLY lacked complexity. it had a good showing, stuck around for a short while, and then just sort of faded away. I still collect 'em when I can, though.

Yeah the name of the game is even dumb .Ooooooooooooh the throwdown challenge*rolls eyes*.

#11 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 05:21 PM

I'm looking at it more through a collector's mentality rather than a game player's. I would think that if the Mighty Beanz could last so long (I'm assuming they're successful, they've been through quite a lot of series, haven't they?), that FOP would have to be at least that successful. I hope I'm right....

#12 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 05:23 PM

Unless they improve their game, FoP will go the same way as Jagun Fighters.  the Jagun fighters were great, but the game REALLY lacked complexity.  it had a good showing, stuck around for a short while, and then just sort of faded away.  I still collect 'em when I can, though.

I'm looking at it more through a collector's mentality rather than a game player's. I would think that if the Mighty Beanz could last so long (I'm assuming they're successful, they've been through quite a lot of series, haven't they?), that FOP would have to be at least that successful. I hope I'm right....

I've even seen bootleg mighty beanz and there were at least 5 series but i find FoP in the cheap generic toy section thats why i think there going downhill

Edited by The Monkey King, 26 March 2005 - 05:25 PM.

#13 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 06:13 PM

As a collector, FoP is a great series, but it still has to catch collector's eyes (well, it caught us, but we're different). they should probably lower their prices a tiny bit for the sake of reeling collectors in.

#14 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 06:27 PM

As a collector, FoP is a great series, but it still has to catch collector's eyes (well, it caught us, but we're different). they should probably lower their prices a tiny bit for the sake of reeling collectors in.

Yeah,and they can stop lying too like making kids buy tons of packs to get xar but guess what kids they made you pay waaaaaaaay to much for nothin .Though i :wub: the series also.

#15 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 06:50 PM

My suggestion is to enjoy it while we've got it!

#16 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 08:59 PM

I've noticed at my local TRU that the FFoP racks are almost empty. I'm not sure if that means that they're popular, or if there's just one kid who's really into them and buying a crapload of them.

I think that without a cartoon tie-in or a more complex game, FFoP won't last very long (yes, I know that MUSCLE had neither, but these are very different times). Then again, MUSCLEs only lasted two years, so FFoP might outlast the MUSCLE line anyway.

#17 SpectreSuperSix5

SpectreSuperSix5

I am not a number. I'm a free man

• Old Guard
  • 2598 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, M.U.S.C.L.E., Xbox 360, firearms, grilling, muscle cars, zombies, and Cartoon Network.

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:33 AM

A FOP cartoon could seriously work I think if done by the right artist(not all japan-a-mation like). They seem to sell well at my TRU, but the price tag is a big steep. As far as out performing MUSCLE, how can you really tell? I don't think I've ever seen any numbers as to production and sales.
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

#18 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 08:22 AM

A FOP cartoon could seriously work I think if done by the right artist(not all japan-a-mation like). They seem to sell well at my TRU, but the price tag is a big steep. As far as out performing MUSCLE, how can you really tell? I don't think I've ever seen any numbers as to production and sales.

A cartoon would only help if it were good.Because butt-ugly martians went downhill FAST and the toys were always in the clearence isle.

#19 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 28 March 2005 - 11:21 AM

A FOP cartoon could seriously work I think if done by the right artist(not all japan-a-mation like).

On the contrary, sss5, I think the cartoon would do better if it were anime-inspired (like SW Clone Wars).

Also, for what it's worth, I recently saw FOP figures and accessories at my local Target.
Posted Image

#20 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2005 - 11:49 AM

I think there will be a fairly simple comparison. One, does the toy line last more than two years? And two, was FoP ever a top ten selling toy?

However, it’s a little unfair to compare the two toys. The toy industry has radically changed since MUSCLE was released.

#21 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:04 PM

If it outperforms Ultimate Muscle at the very least, then they'll be making some progress.

#22 Chin Ryo

Chin Ryo

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:I don´t speak English very well<br>(ow shit......I miss again)<br>And I love J.White Dragon

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:37 AM

:kev: sorry ............/i don't know english too much..........but i thing good......^^
:kev:
I Looooooooooveeeeeeeeeee you J.White Dragon
XD =^-^= she is so cute........^.^
and very beautiful....I love her... very very much>>>>>>~/kis
/blush
=^-^= kisses kisses kisses.....a lot of kisses for you
... J.White Dragon......all kisses over the world.....
I Love you.....I just wanna stay with you...forever ^.^

#23 Teacher of Madness

Teacher of Madness

Boardest Gamer in the Land!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Toys and board games aplenty

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:01 PM

Well here we all are, 20 years later talking about MUSCLE, and Heman, and Rocks and Bugs and Things. The difference between us now and today's kids 20 years from now is that when the children of the 70's and 80's were growing up our toyline selection was significantly smaller.

Now there's so many shows and toy lines that come and go in the space of a few months, I find it hard to believe that 20 years from now the kids from today will be able to really connect with and ralley around ANY one thing from their childhood like we seem to. Even video games. Look at how so many people have this interest in the NES today. Do you think 20 years from now anyone will care at all about the Playstation or Xbox?

So no, I can't imagine FFoP being anywhere near as successful as Muscle, simply because to me success is not necessarily the money it takes in during its fleeting shelf life, but the longevity of the item. If there's a FFoP community of some sort in the future, I'll come back and admit I'm wrong then.

As for right now, I like them well enough, but not as much as my MUSCLES when I was little. Of course I'm also in my mid twenties, so i suppose that factors into it...
"There's a fine line between sayings that make sense."

#24 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:27 PM

Well here we all are, 20 years later talking about MUSCLE, and Heman, and Rocks and Bugs and Things. The difference between us now and today's kids 20 years from now is that when the children of the 70's and 80's were growing up our toyline selection was significantly smaller.

Now there's so many shows and toy lines that come and go in the space of a few months, I find it hard to believe that 20 years from now the kids from today will be able to really connect with and ralley around ANY one thing from their childhood like we seem to. Even video games. Look at how so many people have this interest in the NES today. Do you think 20 years from now anyone will care at all about the Playstation or Xbox?

So no, I can't imagine FFoP being anywhere near as successful as Muscle, simply because to me success is not necessarily the money it takes in during its fleeting shelf life, but the longevity of the item. If there's a FFoP community of some sort in the future, I'll come back and admit I'm wrong then.

As for right now, I like them well enough, but not as much as my MUSCLES when I was little. Of course I'm also in my mid twenties, so i suppose that factors into it...

I'm 11 and most toys from the U.S. suck thats why i buy stuff like battle beasts muscle. and now theres FoP the best new toyline ive seen in a while

#25 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:46 PM

I don't know, in the case of video game consoles, the N64 seems to have an unusual amount of replayability and popularity among some people. Don't ask me why, but it does seem to exist.

On the toy front, I do think I agree with you about how there's no memorable toylines among kids, but mostly because the importance of toys in these days has lessened significantly. These days, toys either appeal to the under ten crowd or collectors, with little ground in-between. However, I'm betting that certain toylines will be remembered and sought after as kids today grow up some more. I just have no idea what lines they'll consider memorable. :kev:

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com