• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 dinobrite1985

dinobrite1985

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Dino Brites and some of the prettier Mimps from Series 1 and 2.

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:24 AM

My wonderful boyfriend bought me a batch of what he thought were Dino Brites on ebay France. They turned up and we realised they definitely weren't anything of the sort! They are most definitely some sort of knock off line.

I still dig them, though. The sculpt is very detailed on some of them... someone obviously had a bit of fun. The colours they used to make some of the figures are quite nice and vibrant and will probably last forever. They feel a lot more plastic than the rubbery Dino Brites I'm used to... The sculpts of some of the figures are also really good. Someone spent a lot of time copying the brites/mites line as religiously as possible.

The following image is a comparison shot comparing all three toy lines.
From left to right - Dino Mite, Knock off toy, Dino Brite

Attached File  IMG_0016.JPG   300.91K   42 downloads

This is another comparison shot, three knock offs on the left and the original Dino Mites on the right...

Attached File  IMG_0017.JPG   273.11K   43 downloads

Close up comparison

Attached File  IMG_0018.JPG   303.28K   39 downloads

The knock off is smaller and in a less dynamic pose in this one

Attached File  IMG_0019.JPG   269.99K   41 downloads

I think I like the knock off turtle better than the original Dino Mite?

Attached File  IMG_0023.JPG   385.34K   44 downloads

All of my little knock offs in a pile Posted Image

Attached File  IMG_0029.JPG   414.27K   45 downloads

So - does anyone know what these are? They must have some sort of story... ?
Always on the hunt for DINO BRITES of any description!

#2 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:56 AM

I have no clue what they are, but I take it you left negative feedback!? :thumbsup:

#3 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:50 AM

I have no clue what they are, but I take it you left negative feedback!? :thumbsup:

I hope not as that would be a shitty thing to do, maybe seller didnt realise they were knockoffs as they look pretty good, also if I was pleased with something even if it wasnt the right thing thats cool as long as it wasnt overpriced.
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#4 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:08 AM

I hope not as that would be a shitty thing to do, maybe seller didnt realise they were knockoffs as they look pretty good, also if I was pleased with something even if it wasnt the right thing thats cool as long as it wasnt overpriced.

:wallbash:

#5 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:27 AM

The knockoffs look better in my opinion. Very cool stuff. The only downside is that they don't FEEL as nice i guess. If i were you i'd be happy with them since they are neat looking and pretty unique i'd say.

If you don't like them you could probably get a refund or re-sell them here easily. Negative feedback should be a last resort. Lots of us have bought things from sellers who are not experts and thought they were selling a legit product.

Thanks for the great pics by the way.

Edited by PlasticSoul, 20 May 2012 - 09:27 AM.

#6 Luckyduck

Luckyduck

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:36 AM

Look on the bright side you have a boyfriend that buys you toys and just himself.

#7 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

If you don't like them you could probably get a refund or re-sell them here easily. Negative feedback should be a last resort. Lots of us have bought things from sellers who are not experts and thought they were selling a legit product.

If a seller fails to check if the item(s) they're about to sell is/are the genuine article then that's a mistake on their part and they should receive negative feedback. You don't have to be an expert to spend 5 minutes checking out a product line before listing.

I do admit that some of the above Dinos look very similar to the real Dino Brites/Mites however - a nice little addition to her collection. :thumbsup:

#8 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

If a seller fails to check if the item(s) they're about to sell is/are the genuine article then that's a mistake on their part and they should receive negative feedback. You don't have to be an expert to spend 5 minutes checking out a product line before listing.

I do admit that some of the above Dinos look very similar to the real Dino Brites/Mites however - a nice little addition to her collection. :thumbsup:

No they shouldn't.

Negative feedback isn't for a seller who makes a mistake. It's for a seller who makes a mistake and REFUSES to fix it. There is a huge difference between the two. That is why when you try to leave a negative feedback ebay asks you if you have contacted the seller and tried to resolve the situation. As ebay says negative feedback is a LAST RESORT not a first step.

#9 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

If only you had taken your own advice before posting up about a certain blue figure.
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#10 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

If only you had taken your own advice before posting up about a certain blue figure.

Was I selling that item on eBay? No, so what has that got to do with anything. Why are you even bringing that up anyway? I should really have expected you to pipe up with a comment as usual - you seem to have some vendetta against me where you follow up every post I write and even watch my items on eBay to see if they sell! Very sad indeed. :thumbsup:

#11 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

Let's not get off track here, boys.

#12 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

Let's not get off track here, boys.

Apologies - back on track, I would agree that contacting the seller is always the first thing to do, not just leaving negative feedback. Maybe the way I put it came across like I'd just leave the negative feedback - which I wouldn't. I do believe though that some people do try and catch unsuspecting buyers out.

As for the above Dinos, I'd be more than happy to own them if I collected Dino Brites/Mites, it just depends on how much you pay for something if it turns out not to be the real deal.

#13 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

Very cool Dinos, never seen them before. I wonder if these were dollar knock offs, like party supplies~?

#14 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:11 PM

Just move it to the junkyard, and let them hash it out.

All I know is, I am starting a hair metal band called "The Certain Blue Figure Vendetta".

(So the filter won't let me use "B*tchin'" as an adjective, so I guess I will settle for "Shittin'".)

Edited by ironmask, 20 May 2012 - 12:12 PM.

#15 dinobrite1985

dinobrite1985

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

Oh heck no! I'm pleased with them!

They were cheap as chips and they're the coolest colours, some of them. My boyfriend was disappointed because they aren't the real deal, but I wasn't at all. Just intrigued as to what their story is. The guy who sold them obviously has no idea what's real and what's not, and i knew straight away from looking at a picture that they colours were all wrong, but we went ahead with it any way just to see what turned up.

If he had paid more money for them, then sure I'd probably do more to rectify the situation, but my boyfriend paid about $10 for about 50 of them (that includes posting) - so no complaints here!

#16 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

Oh heck no! I'm pleased with them!

They were cheap as chips and they're the coolest colours, some of them. My boyfriend was disappointed because they aren't the real deal, but I wasn't at all. Just intrigued as to what their story is. The guy who sold them obviously has no idea what's real and what's not, and i knew straight away from looking at a picture that they colours were all wrong, but we went ahead with it any way just to see what turned up.

If he had paid more money for them, then sure I'd probably do more to rectify the situation, but my boyfriend paid about $10 for about 50 of them (that includes posting) - so no complaints here!

You should be more litigious.

#17 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

I always find it funny when mass produced knock-offs look like they have been completely re-sculpted and re-envisioned. Kind of like the Battle- Beast bootlegs or the MUSCLE boots that are entirely new sculpts based on the originals.

#18 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

50 for 10 bucks is pretty awesome.

#19 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

If a seller fails to check if the item(s) they're about to sell is/are the genuine article then that's a mistake on their part and they should receive negative feedback.

Ridiculous. You should only leave negative feedback if you weren't satisfied with the trade.

By your logic, I should have left negative feedback when I bought a lot of "Z-Bots and Micro Machines" but received 3 Bad Eggz Bunch figures.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#20 dinobrite1985

dinobrite1985

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

You should be more litigious.

No way! I'm not sending them back and I'm not unhappy with the transaction. The guy who sold them put up accurate pictures and it's actually my poor boyfriend's fault for not knowing any better! :D I think they're cool as hell.

#21 dinobrite1985

dinobrite1985

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:38 PM

I always find it funny when mass produced knock-offs look like they have been completely re-sculpted and re-envisioned. Kind of like the Battle- Beast bootlegs or the MUSCLE boots that are entirely new sculpts based on the originals.

I wonder what was to be gained by copying? It's not like these mites/brites were all that expensive or sought after in the first place? It's a bit of a mystery...

#22 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

Good to see you are steadily building your dino collection, knockoffs or not. Personally, I am a huge fan of bootleg figures but had never seen those dinos before. They look really cool. Nice (accidental) score! Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#23 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

No way! I'm not sending them back and I'm not unhappy with the transaction. The guy who sold them put up accurate pictures and it's actually my poor boyfriend's fault for not knowing any better! :D I think they're cool as hell.

I was being sarcastic... I know, it's not really my style, but I figured I'd try it on for a minute.

OH! WAIT!
It IS my style.

Continue.

#24 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

I love this forum.

dinobrite, your little find here is awesome! I think finding information is going to be a bit more difficult if the figures were originally from France. Most of us being from the US, Canada and UK means that we don't all know quite as much about European-only stuff like this. If the seller was a collector himself and got them elsewhere, that's a different story. Have you asked the seller if he/she knew where they came from?

The one thing I can say offhand is this sort of thing reeks of Yolanda.

Edited by BaltanII, 20 May 2012 - 05:47 PM.

#25 cassel87

cassel87

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

time for a new boyfriend. i wouldnt buy u knock offs. u deserve better
if my turtles ate my toys, id have to eat my turtles

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com