126 replies to this topic

#101 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

I've only just seen the mushroom guy for the first time, holy crap it's good.

Overall there's far fewer entries than last time, but the quality is that much higher that it's actually harder to pick a top 5.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#102 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

Prolly just come across as a jerk off but monsterforges Barbarinaut does absolutely nothing for me...
Little bit like shirtle from series 2, he seems mish-mashed with no clear direction.
So how come everyone loves it and its getting the most votes? :confused:

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#103 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

Prolly just come across as a jerk off but monsterforges Barbarinaut does absolutely nothing for me...
Little bit like shirtle from series 2, he seems mish-mashed with no clear direction.
So how come everyone loves it and its getting the most votes? :confused:

I guess a lot of people like astronaut stuff and mini figs with weapons. It doesn't interest me either. I liked The Elder and Sea Yeti from his S2 submissions more than Barbarianaut.

The mushroom guy is really well done. That's the one of the five current leaders that I like.

#104 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

I guess a lot of people like astronaut stuff and mini figs with weapons. It doesn't interest me either. I liked The Elder and Sea Yeti from his S2 submissions more than Barbarianaut.

The mushroom guy is really well done. That's the one of the five current leaders that I like.

Yeah, I really dig the Elder & Sea Yeti too... Not to mention multiskull is very cool, I just don't like astronaut stuff unless it has alien elements to it I guess. Tentacle & slime go a long way with me. :unknw: still I'm surprised to see it do so well.

Yeah that mushroom dude is incredible! I think it will be the sole reason I buy series 3 figures, as some of the others in the lead don't really interest me all that much.
Edit- snake girl is cool tho!

Edited by Metalmonkey, 03 September 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#105 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5100 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

Monsterforge not resubmitting the Elder made me very sad. It was an awesome little figure with character that didn't have to rely on a gimmick to get attention. Maybe he'll reconsider for Series 4. I voted for his Barbarianaut because I thought the excellent sculpt and very solid MUSCLE-ish look were just what the line needed to steer it away from the almost designer-vinyl direction OMFG! seemed to be taking, but I did notice how it fit into the trend of taking two things and throwing them together.

My other four votes were for 74 (Fruit Punch), 94 (Coughin' Coffin), 113 (Snake Girl) and 125 (that trash can with the tentacles). As before I'll keep an eye on where the figure votes trend for fifth and maybe fourth and adjust as I see fit. The other popular entries are alright with me, although the name of the banana is odd. I don't really see much "ninja" about it, but it's not bad.

#106 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

Here was my pick.

Posted Image

Tougher to nail down these 5 than it was to pick 5 from Series 2.

Here were my 2nd picks:

Posted Image

my 3rd picks:

Posted Image

and the rest of the pool I started with:

Posted Image

#107 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

Mugg mouth is cool and anyone who doesn't vote for werewaldo just has bad taste in mini figs :p

#108 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

I really wish the format would have been pick 10, and then the top 5 of those votes get picked.

#109 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:10 AM

I really wish the format would have been pick 10, and then the top 5 of those votes get picked.

Know what you mean! So hard to whittle it down to only 5, seems like there's a bit of talent going to waste.
5 figures every 6 months or so seems far and few between for me...
I know its expensive to get the steel molds made up, and to get things kickstarted takes a while but surely it can be improved along the way.
Personally, I would be stoked if they started making more figures per series but it seems it is out of the question,
with the primary focus on keeping not only manufacturing costs down, but the price they sell the figs too...
But still, I'm sure people would back it if the figs were good enough.

Brings me back to the talent going to waste...
Purely hypothetical, but what if they went back to previous series and voted off on the remainder of designs, and made a second set for each series? Like a set B. i think it would be cool, but $12k per set to get kickstarted seems like a lot. Still if the figs were good enough, I'd back it.
Would you guys? Hypothetical only tho.

#110 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:17 AM

But I guess with series 2 on its way, and all the color variations being released after it'll bridge the gap between series 3 being kickstarted and released. So never mind the hypothetical I guess. :confused: Lol.

#111 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:26 AM

Yeah, I'm sure they will ramp up the production schedule. We might see 2 releases a year, instead of the year between S1 and S2. There are a lot of factors and cost isn't the only concern. These are done at the Glyos factory which is always busy, so they have to content with that schedule, too.

#112 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:54 AM

Yeah I guess you're right Jon. The year between series 1 & 2 has been a long wait but things should speed up from here,

#113 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:58 AM

What are the chances of setting up our own LRG kickstarer to produce a line of figures similar to that of OMFG? We were discussing this in the Shoutbox last night - you know how Ironmask loves OMFG after all...

Edited by bigburty, 04 September 2012 - 07:59 AM.

#114 bizrebellion

bizrebellion

<< Minifig Lover >>

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Interests:BOGLINS in any shape or size,Minifig's, rockin' out on my guitars, my fiancee and my kids and bootsales (for the LRG's) x¬D

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

Hell yeah, im up for it :woot:

And maybe (as ironmask loves OMFG so much) we can have the first line as 5 different PUMPKIN's :rofl: I KNOW you love that shit iron :lol:

Posted Image

#115 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

Yeh I'm positive that the guys on here would get it funded no probs! Maybe do a 6 or 10 figure line so it's different to OMFG :clapping:

#116 monsterhunter

monsterhunter

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

I don't know why, but I actively dislike Puggernaut. Maybe just me because some people seem to love it. I think it's generic shit.

I agree COMPLETELY. It also seems to be one that many 1 post people are voting for which makes it highly suspect in my opinion. Barbarianaut is another popular one i dislike, the sculpting on it looks like crap. The feet dont match, the hands dont match and it looks like it could be from any number of boring RPGs. VERY sad considering how much i liked multiskull

#117 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

I agree COMPLETELY. It also seems to be one that many 1 post people are voting for which makes it highly suspect in my opinion. Barbarianaut is another popular one i dislike, the sculpting on it looks like crap. The feet dont match, the hands dont match and it looks like it could be from any number of boring RPGs. VERY sad considering how much i liked multiskull

I am sure most if not all of the figures would get cleaned up and fine tuned before mass production. Especially with the demand for a 2 part mold this time. I look at most of the entries as a work in progress rather then a finished figure.

It was pretty stupid for the werewaldo to be entered as a sketch instead of the figure he had already sculpted. That sculpt was nice.

#118 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

Puggernaut and barbarinaut. Coincidence they sound similar... Cos I don't care for either personally.

#119 SpookCentral

SpookCentral

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:26 AM

This post is NOT for you regular folks, it's for people who stumble upon this that are new to the idea of OMFG and want to know more about it.

For those of you that enjoy toys and action figures especially the classic 1980's M.U.S.C.L.E. figures or the Monsters in my Pocket toys, or modern figures like S.L.U.G.s (Scary Little Ugly Guys October Toys as been making a toy line called O.M.F.G. which stands for Outlandish Mini-Figure Guys. Series one and two are now complete, and they were asking for design submissions for the third line. I did two designs. They are asking for [your] top 5 favorite designs, if for some reason you do choose to vote for me (I'm not saying that you have to vote for mine, but it sure would be appreciated if you did), you will need to pick three other designs as well.

Sign up for their forum and vote for which figures you'd like to see get made. My design #s were #55, and #56 respectively. I would be selfish if I ask that you vote for mine, so feel free to just vote for any top five that you would like to see get made, be it one of my two designs or otherwise. I just want to see this line become successful so that they will do another series after this and possibly get noticed by a larger distributor. Here is a list of the O.M.F.G. Series 3 Designs to pick from. Register here & Vote here After you vote, you can read the discussions or discuss the line yourself.

See the two Kickstarter Campaigns: omfg-series-1 & omfg-series-2
Here is a video review of O.M.F.G. Series 1, by Pixel Dan.
Here is a video review of O.M.F.G. Series 1, by Matt (I presume).
Here is a video review of O.M.F.G. Series 1 - Rotofugi Clear Blue Exclusive.
Here is the Facebook Page for the O.M.F.G. figures. Buys toys here: http://www.octobertoys.com

Posted Image
Image takes you to O'Nell Design's website.

For the rest of you regulars, what is it about the designs that you like makes you most interested in the design? Is it the concept? The way it looks?
The name? I'd love to know. Like I said above, I would appreciate any one that votes/voted for my design, but I am cool with any one voting on any of them as long as the line keeps going and stays successful. I'm just curious as to what makes for a "great" design.

Edited by SpookCentral, 08 September 2012 - 06:44 AM.

#120 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

Hi Spook,

Welcome to the board.

I deleted the ensuing snippiness that followed this post and put it back in this thread. I do agree though, you are kind of preaching to the choir. :lol:

Regardless, welcome to the board and good luck with your entries.

#121 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10724 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

My apologies. I thought you were spamming.

*grumble grumble, ties shoes*

#122 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

Was that light blue color ever actually released?

#123 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

The pic in Spook's post looks like Onell Pheyden Blue.

I think the light blue pic of S2 figures on the kickstarter won't be an actual production color.

#124 SpookCentral

SpookCentral

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

Prolly just come across as a jerk off but monsterforges Barbarinaut does absolutely nothing for me...Little bit like shirtle from series 2, he seems mish-mashed with no clear direction. So how come everyone loves it and its getting the most votes? :confused:

I don't think you come across as a jerk off for saying that,after all if it does nothing for you, then it simply doesn't resonate for you--thus, it's just not your "type" as it were. I don't mind it but as much as Charles or anyone else hates to hear it, I didn't vote for it. I am a big Halloween (the holiday) fan, so my votes went to the spooky-type designs, the coffin, the werewaldo design and others.

Hi Spook, Welcome to the board.
I deleted the ensuing snippiness that followed this post and put it back in this thread. I do agree though, you are kind of preaching to the choir. :lol:
Regardless, welcome to the board and good luck with your entries.

Thank you for the welcome, I appreciate the warm reception. You didn't *have* to delete the other posts, I didn't mind it--I value everyone's opinion be it against my own or otherwise, I also believe in freedom of speech as a whole. I just simply didn't understand the mentality behind "bashing" others, especially when they are new. Yeah, I get it... I do realize that I am preaching to the choir so-to-speak, it is what it is I suppose. I simply felt that there are people who not only don't know what OMFG is but have no idea about the Little Rubber Guys Message Board--hence why the post was for new people such as myself. I totally get the familyesque structure and respect it. It'd just be nice if there was more friendliness that's all. As for my entries, I don't care how they are perceived. Like I said, people can vote for whomever's design they like best.

[l.designs]
what the heck good does it do to inform people who don't know about OMFG in the midst of a thread dedicated to series 3...

Simple answer. When linking back to the board by using the individual post #, it's very helpful because it links to that specific post.
If I share the link elsewhere, let's say a yahoo group dedicated to parenting, and I want to introduce parents to a new toyline that they might get for their kids. Well, they may not know anything about Monster In My Pocket, M.U.S.C.L.E. or any other toyline. Hence why the link to that specific post could be helpful to them. After that they can register, go back and participate in other threads or conversational just as I have/am.
Who knows, maybe just maybe it can help sell some toys for George and Ayleen Gaspar, but also at the same time introduce new people to this site and ultimately the other toy lines as well.

My apologies. I thought you were spamming. *grumble grumble, ties shoes*

Apology accepted but not needed. I was just trying to make a point, and maybe help other new people too.

I think that Rotofugi may have released it or it's the Onell Pheyden set, but don't quote me on it, I am not a 100% sure. I should have added a disclaimer that the photo was from an online search.

The pic in Spook's post looks like Onell Pheyden Blue.

I think the light blue pic of S2 figures on the kickstarter won't be an actual production color.

You posted as I was posting replies, so I edited this to include a reply to your post as well.
Like I said above, it's my fault for not adding a disclaimer, but I am not really sure if it's the Pheyden Blue, or if it's the Rotofugi blue. The photo was from an image search, so it could be digitally edited for color.

Edited by SpookCentral, 07 September 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#125 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

It's def O'Nell Pheyden blue. 100%.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com