Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

An idea I had for a custom MoaiMan sculpt.

Custom Commission M.U.S.C.L.E. #81 MoaiMan Amoiman

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, making unique ooak art dolls, and what ever else catches my interests/inspires my creativity.

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:02 PM

I just had an idea when I was considering a knife making project I may do in the future. I was looking at some micarta and kirinite, which anyone who makes knives knows as handle material. Anyway, I thought a MoaiMan made of either of these would be an awesome custom...Or even made out of pakkawood/dymondwood too. Problem is, the thing would have to be carved out of the stuff, which I don't have the skill or tools to do on that small of a scale. So I was thinking to have one made as a custom. The only way I think it could be done, is to laser scan a MoaiMan, and a CNC machine/mill cut it out of the material...Probably expensive, but maybe not (I'd hope) too cost prohibitive. It truly would be a cool custom though. The "grain" in micarta is quite similar to wood. And polished kirinite is absolutely beautiful material from what I've seen.

#2 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:40 PM

In this instance it might actually be cheaper to find someone to hand carve something like that. Though to be fair I am completely speaking out of my ass on that.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#3 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, making unique ooak art dolls, and what ever else catches my interests/inspires my creativity.

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:54 PM

I don't know Draznar. Any carver that had the skill to hand carve a MoaiMan sculpt, especially out of those materials probably wouldn't be very cheap either. The skill and attention to detail required and time would probably be even more expensive...And for good reason. I'll have to ponder this a bit more though before I decide if I want to bite the bullet on this. If it happens I'll let everybody here on LRG know with pics in this section of the board :yes:  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Custom, Commission, M.U.S.C.L.E., #81, MoaiMan, Amoiman

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com