Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

THE RAREST OF ALL BB/LB!!!

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Poll: What is the RAREST of all the BB/LB? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

What is the RAREST of all the BB/LB?

1. MAIL AWAY #101 & PRIZE DRILL (8 votes [29.63%])

Percentage of vote: 29.63%

2. BLUE PRIZE DRILL (11 votes [40.74%])

Percentage of vote: 40.74%

3. ANY OF THE 6 EURO-FRENCH SHIELD BATTLERS (6 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

4. ANY OF THE 6 CANADIAN BOOTLEG "WARRIOR BEASTS" (1 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

5. GREEK LB/BB (1 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 01:55 AM

i've no idea of which one is the rarest!
but my shiels seems to be rare!

Hi,

Your shields are certainly rare but not the rarer item of the line. In Japan they only get 6 shields and in Europa we get 12 (the 6 from Japan and 6 only for us) After years of collecting Dragonautes/Battle Beasts/Beastformers I only miss one shield (the black panther)

In fact it's easier to get them in France. I wonder even if this shields were not only released in France !

Arno found some times ago a lot of 5 blisters. I took 2 of them. There is the pictures.

Sylvain

#27 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 01:57 AM

There is the second blister. You will notice that both are beasts from the six pack but that they come with the Euro purple charger.

Sylvain

#28 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 573 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 04:16 PM

nm

Edited by dabbuu, 15 May 2006 - 06:56 PM.

Posted Image

#29 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:33 PM

About two weeks ago I voted for the blue drill, now I think it is a toss up between the blue drill and the mail away drill with skull grotess.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Either way though i am very happy hehe.

dabbuu

Now those are AWESOME photos............I am drooling right now all over my keyboard....

Hey take a photo of them in a circle with the tips of the drills pointing in like pieces of pie...don't ask me why??? I just would like to see them that way...he! he! he!

You are a lucky bastitch!!! Not only a Blue drill, but, now a mail away #101 drill!!!

WoW!!!

TGB

#30 Orca

Orca

The Idea Man & Custom Vehicle Inventor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 08:02 PM

that lucky Dabbuu~!!!!!

So what now? we calling the mail-away Skull Grotes the rarest??? (that is until that lucky bastitch gets one). buy the way, Thanks for the pictures Dabbuu, i saw it on your collection pics but its nice to see them all displayed like that. Wicked pictures~!!!! Thanks for sharing~!!

Hey Marty......i like pie too~!!!! but i draw the line at toy pie. i could/want to say more but i understand we're on a "clean" ship here. :D

#31 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 03:06 AM

nm

Edited by dabbuu, 15 May 2006 - 06:57 PM.

Posted Image

#32 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 07:20 PM

I LOVE THE PICTURE OF THE 4 DRILL'S 2GETHER. IT LOOK'S SICK.

B) MR-VENOM B)
:D <_<
Do not be afraid. If they try to harm you, I will stand in front of them.

#33 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 07:38 PM

Here yah go godbeast take a slice of pie

Posted Image

Anyway I'm not so sure where that skull grotess with the unpainted toes came from. I have original pictures of the mail away 101 sealed in its original bag.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Clearly the beast has painted toes. I mentioned this to the Godbeast and he seems to think the bag was opened then resealed after someone switched the skull grotess with unpainted toes for one that has painted toes. I don't think it was resealed and I cannot picture anyone actually doing that. Does anyone know where the 101 without painted toes came from?

dabbuu

IT'S JUST A THOUGHT THAT I HAVE, & MAYBE SOME 1 HAS ALREADY THOUGHT OF THIS , BUT I WAS LOOKING AT THE LASER BEAST VS BATTLE BEAST SET,AND ON THE FRONT PICTURE IT SHOW'S SKULL GROTESS WITH GREEN TOE'S. SO MAYBE IN SOME VERY RARE "VERUS SET" THE TOE'S ARE GREEN, ITS JUST A GUESS...
MR-VENOM
:D <_< B) B)

#34 Beast Fiend

Beast Fiend

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 02:53 PM

Anyway I'm not so sure where that skull grotess with the unpainted toes came from. I have original pictures of the mail away 101 sealed in its original bag.

Clearly the beast has painted toes. I mentioned this to the Godbeast and he seems to think the bag was opened then resealed after someone switched the skull grotess with unpainted toes for one that has painted toes. I don't think it was resealed and I cannot picture anyone actually doing that. Does anyone know where the 101 without painted toes came from?

dabbuu

IT'S JUST A THOUGHT THAT I HAVE, & MAYBE SOME 1 HAS ALREADY THOUGHT OF THIS , BUT I WAS LOOKING AT THE LASER BEAST VS BATTLE BEAST SET,AND ON THE FRONT PICTURE IT SHOW'S SKULL GROTESS WITH GREEN TOE'S. SO MAYBE IN SOME VERY RARE "VERUS SET" THE TOE'S ARE GREEN, ITS JUST A GUESS...
MR-VENOM

Maybe toe is scratch offs?
Hong Kong Birthplace of Toy!

#35 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 02:57 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

dabbuu

MR-VENOM

I don't think its either of those options and yes I know the photo of the versus set had a unpainted toe variation so I do think you are on the right track. However, many of us own the versus set, I've owned 3 already, and I have never seen the unpainted version. I don't think anyone else with the set has one either. I think that possibly in the mail away drill you could either get an unpainted or painted toe variation, but that is just speculation.

dabbuu
Posted Image

#36 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:31 PM

MAYBE SOME JOKER JUST PAINTED THE TOE'S COULD BE... :D :o :D :o

#37 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 09:18 PM

MAYBE SOME JOKER JUST PAINTED THE TOE'S COULD BE... :D :o :D :o

Nope...I actually used that unpainted toe #101 from Lazorlion to make my #101 mold!!! It is green plastic toes and trust me...it has NEVER been tampered with...no trace of paint removal, no trace of any bit of yellow paint on the toes, nothing...

It is 100% legit.

I hope someone esle comes forward with one!

TGB

#38 Land_of_Roars

Land_of_Roars

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 11:28 AM

Hey guys, I was reading some older postings, and noticed that someone mentioned a blue laserbeast drillsled. I only knew of the chrome, the yellow and the maroon-colored drillsleds. Has anyone found out any more about these? Did someone mention a Brown drillsled too? :huh:

#39 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 12:36 PM

I thought this thread/poll deserved a bump with all the newbs.

TGB

#40 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Toys and Games of all sorts!

Posted 06 December 2004 - 02:12 PM

I voted for the prototype because they number less than 10 a piece (?) and being as wide spread as this world is and how high the demand for them is, this comes out to be a nice collectors delema! I've seen several of these pop up over the last 3 years and have been outbid on them all. I will one day have on of these little guys!

#41 Slowpoke Sloth

Slowpoke Sloth

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 10:20 PM

Took me a while to think about this one. But I've chosen the Euro Shields for several reasons. The first being that even the most diehard collectors on this board don't have them! The second being that not only did they have to survive twenty years of not being destroyed or thrown out, but had to be kept in dry conditions so the decals wouldn't be ruined!

Everything else is either one shots like prototypes that don't really count in my mind or rare stuff from Japan that seems to be obtainable.

Not to mention that these shields are 100% original and not just something old in a different color. This means that more people are going to be interested in finding them.

Bottom line.....

Way too hard to find unless you happen to be raiding long lost toy boxes from France and even if one pops up on ebay or something it will be uber expensive.

I'll wait until hopefully THEGODBEAST is able to repro them someday. If for some strange reason I happen to ever get one I'll be sure to lend it out first for reproduction purposes. :D
"All the thoughts of a turtle are turtle." Ralph Waldo Emerson

#42 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 03:40 AM

Took me a while to think about this one. But I've chosen the Euro Shields for several reasons. The first being that even the most diehard collectors on this board don't have them! The second being that not only did they have to survive twenty years of not being destroyed or thrown out, but had to be kept in dry conditions so the decals wouldn't be ruined!

Everything else is either one shots like prototypes that don't really count in my mind or rare stuff from Japan that seems to be obtainable.

Not to mention that these shields are 100% original and not just something old in a different color. This means that more people are going to be interested in finding them.

Bottom line.....

Way too hard to find unless you happen to be raiding long lost toy boxes from France and even if one pops up on ebay or something it will be uber expensive.

I'll wait until hopefully THEGODBEAST is able to repro them someday. If for some strange reason I happen to ever get one I'll be sure to lend it out first for reproduction purposes. :D

I agree with you when you say that they are the rarest items in this collection. It took me years to obtain them all even here in France where it seems they are easier to find.

I don't think that TGB making customs of them would be a great idea. If so there will be no more challenge to collect the Battle Beasts line. I really like TGB custpms but I think that customs should be all new figures or variation of existing figures (like the glow in the dark or the clear color beasts) And just an idea which should have been already said : Why not making customs all know shields ? For the all new figures from TGB or for all the lasers who didn't get any from Hasbro/Takara (like #77 to #88)

Sylvain

#43 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 07:11 AM

I think this best way to look at what is rarer than what is to look at the amounts of each that exist.

1)MAIL AWAY #101 & PRIZE DRILL -- 3 known

2)BLUE PRIZE DRILL - 3 known

3)ANY OF THE 6 EURO-FRENCH SHIELD BATTLERS

#89 - 5 known
#92 - 2 known
#95 - 4 known
#97 - 4 known
#98 - 4 known
#100 - 7 known

If anyone knows of any more of these out there let me know

4)STONE COBRA -- 8-10 known, seems that these keep popping up lately

5)STRIPE CARP -- I've owned 4 of these there has got to be at least 50 of them out there

6)"BLANKS" BB PROTOTYPES -- about 35-40 known very few repeats as there are many different beasts in many colors (I would include the green tiger here to)

7)ANY OF THE 6 CANADIAN BOOTLEG "WARRIOR BEASTS" -- also quite a few of these out there, the weapons are very difficult to find though

Edited by dabbuu, 13 December 2004 - 04:23 AM.

Posted Image

#44 markderoos

markderoos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 08:04 AM

I would like to add this one:

rare beast

to the poll.

No! not the one on the right, the one on the left, with the remarkable paint error on his arm.

I'm very proud of owning this one of a kind beast!

:D :D :p

Edited by markderoos, 10 December 2004 - 08:05 AM.

#45 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 12:40 PM

I think this best way to look at what is rarer than what is to look at the amounts of each that exist.

1)MAIL AWAY #101 & PRIZE DRILL -- 3 known

2)BLUE PRIZE DRILL - 3 known

3)ANY OF THE 6 EURO-FRENCH SHIELD BATTLERS

#89 - 5 known
#92 - 1 known
#95 - 4 known
#97 - 4 known
#98 - 4 known
#100 - 7 known

If anyone knows of any more of these out there let me know

4)STONE COBRA -- 8-10 known, seems that these keep popping up lately

5)STRIPE CARP -- I've owned 4 of these there has got to be at least 50 of them out there

6)"BLANKS" BB PROTOTYPES -- about 35-40 known very few repeats as there are many different beasts in many colors (I would include the green tiger here to)

7)ANY OF THE 6 CANADIAN BOOTLEG "WARRIOR BEASTS" -- also quite a few of these out there, the weapons are very difficult to find though

Good idea but could you please add the owner of each item 'cause I don't know if you count mines in.

Sylvain

#46 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 07:48 PM

Good idea but could you please add the owner of each item 'cause I don't know if you count mines in.

Sylvain

Well over the years I lost track of most of these so I cannot be sure who owns what now but I really don't think I counted any twice and I did include yours.

dabbuu
Posted Image

#47 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 03:31 AM

Well over the years I lost track of most of these so I cannot be sure who owns what now but I really don't think I counted any twice and I did include yours.

dabbuu

So I'm the only one to have the #92 complete with shield ! I'm more than happy !!!

Sylvain

#48 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 04:21 AM

dabbuu

So I'm the only one to have the #92 complete with shield ! I'm more than happy !!!

Sylvain

You have a 92 with shield??? I didn't see it in the picture you posted. Do you have all 6 of them or are you missing one??

dabbuu
Posted Image

#49 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 11:15 AM

You have a 92 with shield??? I didn't see it in the picture you posted. Do you have all 6 of them or are you missing one??

dabbuu

Yes I have all of them. I have the 6 available in Japan and Europa and the 6 only available in Europa. Did you count me in the mail in yellow drill owners club too ?

Sylvain

#50 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 11:40 AM

Yes I counted you in the mail away yellow drill and the other 5 chargers. I am amazed that you managed to get all 6 that is quite the feat. Anyway I updated the count, can I ask why on this page in your collection of shields do you not have the 92 pictured?? I just checked on your site and saw it there, wow am I jealous!! ;)

dabbuu
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com