#26 DrBo

DrBo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

No.

Only two M.U.S.C.L.E. figures have names: (1) Muscleman; and (2) Terri-Bull.

However, Kinnikuman figures all have names.

Just to be clear. ;)

I was about to say it.

As much as I like the whole Kinnikuman lore, I like the simple, ham-headed to a point backstories of the M.U.S.C.L.E. brand:

Muscleman and is Thug Busters; good guys
Terri-Bull and the Cosmic Crunchers; bad guys (whoever they are on the lot - have fun with the weird little brawler).
- Dr Bo,
Man of Kitsch, robot and glamour

Ebay user: bdbonhomme

#27 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:54 AM

I was about to say it.

As much as I like the whole Kinnikuman lore, I like the simple, ham-headed to a point backstories of the M.U.S.C.L.E. brand:

Muscleman and is Thug Busters; good guys
Terri-Bull and the Cosmic Crunchers; bad guys (whoever they are on the lot - have fun with the weird little brawler).

I have to agree as well.

As entrenched as I am in the whole Kinnikuman universe, I still see all M.U.S.C.L.E./Kinkeshi through my eyes circa 1986. While I make the mental connection that this dude is indeed Sunshine for example, a sudden sense of nostalgia takes over telling me it is “block manâ€￾ from my childhood. :lol:

Posted Image

#28 cmf

cmf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

Not sure what the "Point" to this thread is exactly and sorry for pointing out that something that IS something doesn't resemble it. Just wanted to clarify that he WAS IN FACT A NAZI doesn't just resemble.... not really a point of view thing. Nothing to get panties all wadded about.... just clarification.

The phrase is panties in a wad, not get panties all wadded about(doesn't make sense)... just clarification(and no I dont have panties). The point was that someone wanted info on Brocken as a MUSCLE and I was just trying to help a little. It was a good question.

Never said it was a point of view thing so I have no idea where you got that from. If you're referring to the SHA, BHS, and SC theory, my mistake for having an idea, but it would be nice to hear a better one if im wrong or if someone thinks im wrong and not just criticism of its validity. I thought it was a relevant topic being non-poster sculpts that were for some reason produced instead of others, the ones with small removeable parts in very short quantities. I don't know anyone who knows exactly why, just thought it was interesting.

When I said "resemble" I was referring to how parents buying toys for their kids would perceive it as something American marketers would consider and didn't think I would get backlash for that. That was the intention of the statement and didn't say he wasn't a Nazi or anything else for that matter. In fact, Brocken is the Naziest Nazi that ever Nazied, so there you go. Hey, it was the mid 80's when Germans were still the go-to bad guys a-la Die Hard, so Nazi MUSCLEs would have been really controversial and thus left out of the run. They may not know Brocken as a character, but the consumer knows a Nazi when they see one. Thats all I was trying to say.

Anyways, Frankie Say Relax!

I didn't mean to come off negative and was really trying not to in my last post, so I apologize if I did. It wasn't my intention and I don't think it was yours either so thanks for posting with the info. I've seen your work before and its pretty damn cool, so props! No MUSCLE discussion is worth any amount of negativity! It's just toys.

#29 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:42 AM

Partially me just messing with people.

The choking hazard idea is pretty decent explanation... but was certainly pre-warning labels on everything pad everything and make kids wear helmets for everything. Basically would be an earlier example of what has happened to our everything due to people suing over every little thing and taking no personal responsibility.

For clarification "panties in a wad" is just a way to say don't get upset while at the same time upsetting someone by saying they wear panties. Sometimes it's good to poke at people to see how they react.

And yeah just toys so let's not get our bowels in an uproar :D

Thanks for the kind words regarding the work. Really means a lot that other people can enjoy what I enjoy doing. Seriously helps keep things fun. (no sarcasm here I'm serious)

Thanks for being a sport!

#30 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

Luke is one righteous B.O.N.E.R.

:lol:
Posted Image