#1 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:37 PM

As some of you know, I have been exchanging a few messages with Shimada-sensei of Yudetamago. I recently sent him a pic of my collection, and he made a few comments about the "Mattel Keshi," and how he thought they were super cool (will post that exchange in my collection thread soon).

At any rate, he made a number of unsolicited comments today about the "Mattel MUSCLE kinkeshi," the toy commercials, and the US Ultimate Muscle commercials. This is interesting in that they directed at his overall fan-base, and not some crazed American fan with a few Japanese skills <_<

I have been trying to plant seeds, and I hope it is working :lol:

Here is the dirt:

Posted Image

A quick translation - with a few updates:

"When the original Kinnikuman Anime was on the air, there were a ton of commercials for the board game, the tournament mountain etc. The Kinkeshi however sold tons without any TV commercials. However, when Mattel released Kinkeshi in America, they put out tons of TV commercial ads (for the toys). You can watch them on YouTube. With Kinnikuman Nisei in America, there were also Kinkeshi for characters from the original Kinnikuman series. (These were not released in Japan, as they were from Bandai America. There was a commercial as well (for the American Ultimate Muscle Kinkeshi), where I guess there was an American family and children putting kinkeshi inside of a pot, cabinet, and the refrigerator. I tried to find this commercial online, but I could not find it. I wonder if there is anyone (in America) who recorded the Kinnikuman Nisei (Ultimate Muscle toy) commercial?"

There you have it folks - fun stuff!

Anyone know is this commerical is posted online anywhere??

Edited by uoozuman, 12 October 2010 - 03:45 PM.

Posted Image

#2 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:muscle, satan cross!, cthulhu, vintage toys, biking, camping, burner community, deep house and psytrance raves.

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:46 PM

wow that is awesome! please give shimada-sensei my respect! if you get a rerelease i will love you forever and by a disciple! lol

Want a window into my demented mind? toys, movies, cool stuff around the world @ http://cthuluconnect.blogspot.com/

DMT= insert universe into cannon, aim at brain, fire.

ユデッキー - Yudekkii are you one? サタンクロス æ°¸é ã«!(satan cross forever!)
é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#3 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:33 PM

I don't have the commercial nor have I seen it, but I wanted to say keep up the great work, uoozuman!
Posted Image

#4 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:13 PM

I don't recall an Ultimate Muscle commercial either. Maybe it was only aired on Canadian networks. <_<

Posted Image

#5 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:19 PM

Oh, there was DEFINATLY an Ultimate Muscle commercial.

I think it was on Kinnikuman.com... let me check.

Yup. Toys-->G2 USA--> (bottom of page).

Like the original MUSCLE commercials, some Keshi figures were used to bulk up the commercial, most notably the Meat 'Niku' figure.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#6 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:21 PM

Oh, there was DEFINATLY an Ultimate Muscle commercial.

I think it was on Kinnikuman.com... let me check.

Yup. Toys-->G2 USA--> (bottom of page).

Like the original MUSCLE commercials, some Keshi figures were used to bulk up the commercial, most notably the Meat 'Niku' figure.

You are one bad-ass ninja mate!

Edit:

That commercial is pretty cool - however I do not remember it at all <_<

I noticed that Yudetamago recently changed one of their images on their site, to a pic of them attending the New York Toy Fair around the time that the Ultimate MUSCLE line dropped in the US.

http://www.yudetamag...1010/07-06.html

Could it be that they are going though some nostalgic stage reflecting on their US line?

Edited by uoozuman, 12 October 2010 - 08:09 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:41 AM

You are one bad-ass ninja mate!

Edit:

That commercial is pretty cool - however I do not remember it at all B)

I noticed that Yudetamago recently changed one of their images on their site, to a pic of them attending the New York Toy Fair around the time that the Ultimate MUSCLE line dropped in the US.

http://www.yudetamag...1010/07-06.html

Could it be that they are going though some nostalgic stage reflecting on their US line?

Or getting ready to drop another release!? :(
Posted Image

#8 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:44 AM

It would be interesting to see if he has any insight as to why certain sculpts were chosen for U.S. release.

#9 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:23 AM

And the MUSCLE-exclusive Buffaloman sculpt.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

#10 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:35 AM

It would be interesting to see if he has any insight as to why certain sculpts were chosen for U.S. release.

I will ask B) Need to post his response as well to seeing the commercial etc.
Posted Image

#11 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:04 AM

I will ask :) Need to post his response as well to seeing the commercial etc.

Just to clarify, i was referring to G1 M.U.S.C.L.E., not Ultimate Muscle.

#12 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:33 AM

Just to clarify, i was referring to G1 M.U.S.C.L.E., not Ultimate Muscle.

:) We are on the same page.

He refers to them as "the Mattel Kinkeshi," as opposed to M.U.S.C.L.E., which I thought was kind of cool as he views them as Kinkeshi and not some bastardized American remake (at least not that he lets on).

Often times they refer to Kinnikuman in Japan as "MUSCLE," so I am sure he has pride in the American line.

The question I just sent was about the Mattel/G1 MUSCLE. If you guys have any other questions, I would be happy to ask - worst case he does not respond, but he has responsed to everything thus far.

Edited by uoozuman, 13 October 2010 - 08:36 AM.

Posted Image

#13 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:37 AM

:) We are on the same page.

He refers to them as "the Mattel Kinkeshi," as opposed to M.U.S.C.L.E., which I thought was kind of cool as he views them as Kinkeshi and not some bastardized American remake (at least not that he lets on).

Often times they refer to Kinnikuman in Japan as "MUSCLE," so I am sure he has pride in the American line.

The question I just sent was about the Mattel/G1 MUSCLE. If you guys have any other questions, I would be happy to ask - worst case he does not respond, but he has responsed to everything thus far.

Wow! So excited to see his response. If needed I have a page on the MCIA that shows all the non Muscle sculpts. Perhaps if he's not sure what you're asking that will help.
Posted Image

#14 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:07 PM

Also on Kinnikuman.com-- Fuzzbuster's awesome Rice and Cow video!

#15 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:14 PM

Also on Kinnikuman.com-- Fuzzbuster's awesome Rice and Cow video!

Bah, if any Kin related videos of mine are shown to people of such high stature, I would hope it would not be my work from like 10 years ago. My skill level has increased dramatically since then....

Just another sign that kinnikuman.com is in serious need of updates

Edited by fuzzbuster, 13 October 2010 - 03:19 PM.

#16 Merovingian

Merovingian

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E. & NKE 6.0 Mutants

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:46 PM

tagging this thread to read more info as it comes.

Great thread :)
~ Merovingian ~
http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30320&view=findpost&p=264442

#17 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:45 PM

Wow, what a day :o

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I have some pretty neato stuff to share. I will post the screen shots first, and then add the translations. Keep in mind that Twitter threads go from newest to oldest - I will post my messages to him first, and then his back to me. :D

And I am not making this up - he seriously wants to buy a MUSCLE Battlin' Belt - I kid you not. He actually has some MUSCLE in his collection and wants to collect more. :) I told him to check eBay and Seikaimon, but that I would also give a shout out to LRG and see if we could dig him one up.

moi, aka King the 100t:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Yudesensei:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by uoozuman, 13 October 2010 - 08:33 PM.

Posted Image

#18 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:03 PM

he seriously wants to buy a MUSCLE Battlin' Belt- I kid you not. He actually has some MUSCLE in his collection and wants to collect more.

I would be honored to add to his collection with some American Kinkeshi and a Battlin' Belt. The delicious irony of such an act makes my brain melt a bit!

#19 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:36 PM

I would be honored to add to his collection with some American Kinkeshi and a Battlin' Belt. The delicious irony of such an act makes my brain melt a bit!

I'll add a flesh 10-pk to that.

Should we send the items to you Uoozo? And then you can forward them all on to him?

#20 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:08 PM

Disclaimer: Translating my own English into Japanese and then back to English is one hot mess - my head hurts right now- sorry if it is sloppy - I need a drink - My Japanese is not the greatest thing since sliced bread :lol:

Okay, so in his last post (shown above), he was wondering if anyone in America had recorded the commercial. TheOrgg hooked me up and that is when things started to get interesting.

Kinnikupedia (The Japanese Kinnikuman Wiki) follows me on Twitter. I posted a link to AKIA and mentioned something about the video, and seriously within a minute, I noticed that LRG and AKIA both were no longer responding for me. I hope that it was just a coincidence, but I did get a few messages from some peeps that the site was not responding for them. ;)

I felt like a real jerk for sending that link if it was going to bog down LRG and AKIA, so I quickly uploaded it to YouTube. Sorry Johnny, I hope nothing dodgy happened there. I really apologize if it did. :o

At any rate, I responded to Yudesensei's last tweet about the Ultimate MUSCLE commercial, and let him know that while the video was posted on an American Kinnikuman fan site, that I did not want the site to crash from lots of people visiting, so I uploaded for him onto YouTube.

Yudesensei @me: That's it! That is the one I was talking about!

Yudesensei @me: I wonder if you could burn it to DVD for me?
(one of his buddies jumps in at this point and says that he can burn it for him - he responds, yes please)
(one of my pals makes an unrelated comment - you can ignore that one - lol)

Me @Yudesensei : The America Bandai Kinkeshi are super cool! Where you involved at all in the decision to release the Mattel Kinkeshi in America? Also of the 417 original Kinnikuman Kinkeshi, do you know why only 235 where released by Mattel in America? Do you own any Mattle Kinkeshi?

Yudesensei @me: I didn't even know that Mattel was going to be releasing the Kinkeshi. When I went to Hawaii, I saw the MUSCLE Kinkeshi in the blister card pack. I was quite surprised and purchased it. Those are the only Kinkeshi from Mattel that I have....

Yudesensei @me: I have no idea why only 235 Kinkeshi were released in America... In America, since there wasn't the original Kinnikuman anime, what did you all (Americans) know, or think about Kinkeshi?

Me @Yudesensei: The Mattel Kinkeshi were incredibly popular, but I don't think most Americans knew about Kinnikuman at the time. The character design was so interesting and strong, that people really remember them.

Me @Yudesensei: With the Internet, people started to make the connection between MUSCLE and Kinnikuman in the late 90's.

Me @Yudesensei: The original Kinnikuman became even more known in America with Nisei/Ultimate MUSCLE. Today, the Mattel Kinkeshi are very collectible and "natsukashii" (nostalgic) right now, so there is a lot of interest in Kinnikuman online - more than in the past.

Me @Yudesensei: When I went to Japan around 1999, I was at a toy store and saw Kinnikuman figures - that was the first time I made the connection between the Mattel Kinkeshi that I loved as a kid and the Japanese cartoon.

Yudesensei @me: That's very interesting 100ton-san (me lol). I have somewhat of a better idea now as to how children in America viewed MUSCLE. I always wondered if they did not know that the Kinkeshi were based on a comic or cartoon - (I had no idea).

Yudesensei @me: It was really a super nostalgic trip through the 80's to go onto YouTube and watch the Mattel commercials. I noticed that the toys were different from the Japanese ones - the championship belt and a different shaped wrestling ring. I got the idea that they were trying to base them on Pro-wrestling figures (because American kids did not really know what the Kinkeshi were based on).

Me @Yudesensei: This site was created by my friend Soupie. It is really an amazing site that shows all of the different colors and figures of the Mattel Kinkeshi. You should check it out.

Yudesensei re-tweets Soupie's site it to his 12,000 plus followers - yikes!

Me @Yudesensei: This is one the more famous MUSCLE and Kinnikuman fan sites in America. It talks all about the Mattel Kinkeshi and the origins and connections with Kinnikuman. It also has the picture of the belt and ring along with information. (Nathan's MUSCLE Blog)

Yudesensei @me: I really want that belt, but I don't think I can get it right!?

Me @Yudesensei: lol - I would try eBay or seikaimon. You can sometimes find them on American auction sites. I will also ask around the Kinnikuman fan community on the message board and see if we can find them for you.

Yudesensei @me: Okay "we" will take a look at all those websites (Soupies, Nate's, Johnny's) and everyone will study up on MUSCLE. We Will Do a Kinnikuman Event in America for Sure! (See one of my previous threads when he talks about the possibility of this).

Yudesensei @me: Wow, there are so many super, amazing (American) sites that are in my face right now so early in the morning that my head is spinning/information overload - there are more crazy/extreme kinkeshi fanatics in America then there are in Japan!

Yudesensei @me: I am very happy, I would love to meet you.

He then sent me a personal message which talks a little more about doing an American event, but I will share more when I get more details.

Edit: Made quite a few fixes with the help of my wife - lol

Edited by uoozuman, 13 October 2010 - 09:55 PM.

Posted Image

#21 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:09 PM

Wow, very cool mate!

I'll add a flesh 10-pk to that.

Should we send the items to you Uoozo? And then you can forward them all on to him?

And thing just got cooler.

So, I responded to his last message, and let him know that his American fans have found the goods!

I will wait for his response, and let you know what he says. If he sends his address, I would be more than happy to ship everything out to him. I have an extra MUSCLE shirt I could throw in along with a 4-pack. I also think that some kind of letter/note from you Johnny representing the group would be cool as well.

We shall see what happens...
Posted Image

#22 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:30 AM

Wow, this is all pretty cool! It would be funny if the Man himself became a LRG member. ;)

Do you guys realize that without him none of us would be hanging out on this forum, and some long time friends would have most likely never met. :lol:

Posted Image

#23 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:21 AM

Absolutely amazing! URS, you are exactly right. His creativity and imagination had a profound effect on my childhood! I can't thank him enough for the awesome gift of Kinnikuman!

Uoozuman, thanks for sharing the MCIA with him. Of course, the first moment I get, I will be adding info about Yudetamago to the MCIA. I am completely embarrassed that it's not already there. ;)

Also, I will look through my MUSCLE collection for some stuff to send along as well. I think I have a colored 4-pack I can send along! I have a MUSCLE can I can send too!

Maybe, just maybe, if his curiosity is peaked enough, he'll begin to dig for info about how Kinkeshi became MUSCLE.

Thanks!

Haha, I wonder what will happen to the MUSCLE market if 12,000 Kinkeshi collectors start trying to complete MUSCLE sets!?
Posted Image

#24 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:34 AM

Furthermore, if there is a convention, I will do everything in my power to be there. I simply couldn't miss it. Not with how big a part of my life Kinnikuman/MUSCLE has been.
Posted Image

#25 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:01 AM

Updates! Rather than doing screen shots just going to do links.

Thanks and amazement with the news that LRG found him a belt
https://twitter.com/...tus/27324720656

More about looking at the belt on YouTube - Like a dream - next major goal is to do an event in America!!!!
https://twitter.com/...tus/27325423106

Confirmation Kinniku day event in America next year!
https://twitter.com/...tus/27325995402

More mention of US event
https://twitter.com/...tus/27326952499

And more.....
https://twitter.com/...tus/27337949705

It is gonna happen mates - these are all public comments he is making to his 12k followers - there is no going back now lol!
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com