96 replies to this topic

#26 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:33 PM

That's great news, yall! I'd buy some of the standard wood, water, and fire ones as soon as they become available. :D I'm not such a fan of the new designs. :(

Please keep us posted on the production and availibility etc! Thanks for all the killer foot-work. Replacing rubs on my complete set was a major pain in the neck!

#27 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts
  • Interests:Shoot, too many to list.<br /><br />First and foremost...MY AMAZING WIFEY!!<br /><br />-Soccer<br />-Obviously a BIG TIME BEASTFORMERS collector!! <br />-NCAA Football...specifically <br /> *Boise State University<br /> *University Of Utah<br /> *Brigham Young University<br /> *University of Southern California<br /><br />-NFL -Buffalo Bills &amp; Raidernation<br />-I am a bit of a gymn junkie<br /> When I think of some more I will let ya know

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:37 PM

Have they mentioned how close to the original rubs they look?
Posted Image

Keepin' it real, keepin' it gangsta...Keepin' it Real Gangsta.

#28 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:58 PM

Is there a possibility of getting the rubs produced that weren't heat sensitive? (i.e. the symobl showing all the time)

I've never really cared much for the idea of a heat sensitive rub myself, I'd like the idea of the element showing all the time.
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#29 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 08:24 PM

Is there a possibility of getting the rubs produced that weren't heat sensitive? (i.e. the symobl showing all the time)

I've never really cared much for the idea of a heat sensitive rub myself, I'd like the idea of the element showing all the time.

That's a great idea that would put all of my concerns to rest.

#30 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 19 April 2006 - 08:33 PM

I wouldn't care either way. As long as they look good. And don't cost alot.

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#31 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 23 April 2006 - 12:11 PM

Well me and Andy have been talking to Repro. He gave me there e-mail. And He is going to do the series 1 symbols. I gave him crystal clear pics of the Symbols. And as for the Sunburst it will be done but with a slight difference. The original Sunburst looks like this

The circle is not connected, the repro one will be connected. So that you can tell the difference.

If this is wrong let us know so we can make it so there is a difference between them.

WhiteLeo

Edited by WhiteLeo, 23 May 2006 - 07:55 AM.

I will never quit.

#32 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 01:43 PM

I don't think that making a sun symbol is a good idea but if you really want to do it ...

Just to let you know that mine sun symbol on a sunburst lion has the inner circle connected. So you have to fnd another idea. Why not making the inner circle all black, like a big black dot.

Sylvain

#33 Salvage King

Salvage King

Battle for the fun of it!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 01:51 PM

Hey everyone,

Repro is still not 100% sure on quantity and price but he says he'll try to keep the prices low. Heat change symbols will come in uncut sheets. he will print a border around them to make it easy to cut them out.

For those interested in custom symbols (this may be a repeat) he says he will do custom symbols. He liked the idea of a hurricane symbol for wind. He also suggested an eclipse for the moon symbol. If asked, regular sticker symblos can be made. They are easier to make for those that dont want the heat sensitive stickers.

#34 Salvage King

Salvage King

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 01:55 PM

For the sunburst idea, I made a custom sun usin the idea from the series 2 stickers. Used full color idea. Not the greatest but it sets it apart and noticably a custom.

#35 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 01:59 PM

For the sunburst idea, I made a custom sun usin the idea from the series 2 stickers. Used full color idea. Not the greatest but it sets it apart and noticably a custom.

That's a great idea. But (there is always a "but") please don't make it exactly the same tha theone showed on the serie 2 offer sticker. I say that 'cause we don't know if such a symbol really exist and we can't be sure it doesn't. So maybe one day a real sun symbol from the serie 2 will appear.

Sylvain

#36 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 03:02 PM

I gave them your idea with the Inner Circle of the Sun to be black. I don't want them to make it the same. Too many people would try and pass it as the real thing if it looked the same.

Thanks for letting us know Sylvain! :(

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#37 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 05:45 PM

IMO, if a sunburst symbol is made, it should be full color, so that way no scammer can try to pass it off as legit on eBay.

#38 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 06:22 PM

IMO, if a sunburst symbol is made, it should be full color, so that way no scammer can try to pass it off as legit on eBay.

That is what I am trying to get across to this guy. That it has to be different if it is made. He told me that there is a way to tell, by how glossy it is. But I told him that not everyone has one, so they won't be able to tell if it is made.

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#39 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 06:42 PM

It needs to be totally dfferent from a real one. Reprolabels stickers are all much thinner than the regular TF stock, but in an ebay auction, nothing short of a totally different pic will really be distinguishable.

#40 Bermuda Mohawk

Bermuda Mohawk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 04:13 PM

Well me and Andy have been talking to Repro. He gave me there e-mail. And He is going to do the series 1 symbols. I gave him crystal clear pics of the Symbols. And as for the Sunburst it will be done but with a slight difference. The original Sunburst looks like this

Posted Image

The circle is not connected, the repro one will be connected. So that you can tell the difference.

If this is wrong let us know so we can make it so there is a difference between them.

WhiteLeo

Well...it's been a long f'ing time since I've been here. I got effed over by an absent member of the Beast community who lives in the Euro-sphere on a Yahoo auction for items he knows I am a fiend for (and would share if he'd just ask before outbidding me, but he doesn't, so eff him). Anyhow it reminded me that I had'nt been here in a long time so I stopped to see what was up.

So anywhow. Yeah, sorry the Sunburst as Sylvain said is a connected circle. I took the photo of the one you pictured. the photo was taken in the lowest setting, and then even reduced more making it very grainy.

And I agree, making it close to this one will be a bad idea. I think I still like the idea of original symbols. I recall some cool oens people here came up with some tiem ago.
--Dave

#41 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:35 AM

I told him that if he makes the Sunburst to make it A Full Color Sticker. Not a Rub. That way there would be no mistaking the real from the fake. He said he would have to think about it.

I hope they do it that way. I would think it would be better doing that way.

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#42 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 25 April 2006 - 01:32 PM

I like the idea of new stickers being made. I especially like the idea of being able to have custom symbols made. Love the idea of the wind tribe. Has anyother tribe been thought of?

I do agree though that the stickers/symbols should easily be recognizable from the original stickers. Especially with the sunburst symbol.

Eric

#43 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 05:57 AM

As far as the fire wood & water symbols...who really cares??? I mean seriously...$1-$3 value increase due to a rub? Is he doing series 3 rubs as well?

I would have to agree on the Sunburst symbol though...collectors have spent some change on that STUPID little rub and it would be nice to have an easily distinguishable factor.

I also dig the custom symbols as well...they will rock the customs!!!

TGB

#44 Orodruin

Orodruin

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 11:43 PM

I'm surprised there's a sentiment against indentical repros for the normal rubs. The sunburst I can understand since that's rare. But then I come from a TF background and reprolabels have restored roughly a dozen of my bots from looking pretty trashed to looking nearly perfect.

I think regular faction stickers (non-rub) might be cool, but I'm up for whatever they make. I think I've got a few coming that are missing stickers so it'd be nice to be able to replace them.
the Hot Rod collector
general TF nuts
BB upstart

Posted Image

#45 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:40 AM

Alright yall,

Perhaps we should start SIMPLE! Repro Fire Wood and Water only. We can fix all of our rubless armies. Then if all gos well, and there is enough demand for a sunbust or custom symbol, then we should consider more designs. I think the more undecided we are, the longer we're gonna be without any rubs al all. :blink: Let's get 'em rollin', damn it! :o

#46 Salvage King

Salvage King

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:09 AM

If nothing else, each one of us could probably request a design that we want to buy. Each person's order would be different.
If you planned on selling one of your beast with one of these custom symbols then all you have to do is tell people it has a custom sticker or if you are going to buy a beast, most of us now what is a real symbols and what is not, mostly because of the design.

#47 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:03 PM

Here is his latest update.

I hope to have a prototype set done within a week.

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#48 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:33 PM

Well...it's been a long f'ing time since I've been here. I got effed over by an absent member of the Beast community who lives in the Euro-sphere on a Yahoo auction for items he knows I am a fiend for (and would share if he'd just ask before outbidding me, but he doesn't, so eff him).

I totally missed this post originally... what exactly are you talking about Dave? :blink:
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#49 Orodruin

Orodruin

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:40 PM

If nothing else, each one of us could probably request a design that we want to buy. Each person's order would be different.

The problem with that is each set would be a custom order which they'd have to design and print for each person. With their regular sets, I'm sure they just print off a large batch at a time and can then just send them out when you order. This way is more work, plus custom fees. It'd make more sense to have a standard set, maybe with all the different symbols on it. Or maybe two rather, one with the rubs- series 1 and 2, plus those other designs you guys were talking about, and a color set with fire/wood/water and the sunburst.
the Hot Rod collector
general TF nuts
BB upstart

Posted Image

#50 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:54 PM

I say fire, wood, water and sunburst, that makes 4 designs which divides easily on a sheet.

I'm looking at buying about 40 of these right off the bat, plus more later, depending on the cost. :blink:

Thanks for the update Steve!

grimey
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com