Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Laser Beasts Prices Have Gotten Very Hot!

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#26 BigSerow

BigSerow

Hey babe, I negotiate million dollar deals for breakfast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts, Minimates and Kre-O Transformers

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:45 AM

Losers

#27 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:48 AM

Losers

You need to get in on these auctions and BID :p

#28 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:48 AM

wow, someone really wants these. I remember having the opportunity to buy them for $150 each... either somone has been waiting for them, or there is someone new with a lot of money to spend.

these prices made me do a triple take though, jesus.

Posted Image

#29 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:50 PM

I got all 3 from one seller on eBay in 2008 at $60 each, this is just nuts!
-Barry

Edited by lhssenior, 28 May 2011 - 01:51 PM.

#30 WarOnTheShore

WarOnTheShore

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:41 AM

It's odd, given how small this community is, that we can't figure this out more. I mean, really, how many of us are going after pieces like this to drive the price so high? Even with some shill bidding, that's super high.

I was hoping to go after the Skybat, but after it went over $!50, I gave up.

#31 BigSerow

BigSerow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:58 AM

I think there needs to be class' taught on proper Ebay bidding techniques. Whoever was bidding and won hustle bear, raised the price on himself, and probably cost him a lot more. My theory, and it may be subject to controversy, is that either you never bid, or bid at the very end. If no one bids its worth nothing, isn't that what we all want? I don't collect these guys thinking about their value, I just think there ridiculously cool, so if they were worthless I would be totally okay with that. So if everyone bids at the end, and it goes for the same anyway, at least you might of thought you had a chance, and in turn be more excited about these auctions. I think there should be a cap for these guys, in the very least here in this community. Lets all agree not to pay over a certain amount, then we can all have a piece of the pie :biggrin2:

#32 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:07 AM

I think there needs to be class' taught on proper Ebay bidding techniques. Whoever was bidding and won hustle bear, raised the price on himself, and probably cost him a lot more. My theory, and it may be subject to controversy, is that either you never bid, or bid at the very end. If no one bids its worth nothing, isn't that what we all want? I don't collect these guys thinking about their value, I just think there ridiculously cool, so if they were worthless I would be totally okay with that. So if everyone bids at the end, and it goes for the same anyway, at least you might of thought you had a chance, and in turn be more excited about these auctions. I think there should be a cap for these guys, in the very least here in this community. Lets all agree not to pay over a certain amount, then we can all have a piece of the pie :biggrin2:

Good luck with that.
Some collectors here and on ebay do not have a cap.
Maybe we as a community can opening talk about auctions were interested in and not bid each other up.
I know of several occasions that LRG members here were after certain auctions so I did not bid on them.

Edited by Toxoviper, 29 May 2011 - 06:29 AM.

#33 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:25 AM

Who would buy multiples when the prices are at an all time high? That's a VERY risky investment if they think the prices are going to push even higher still.
-Barry

#34 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:27 AM

Who would buy multiples when the prices are at an all time high? That's a VERY risky investment if they think the prices are going to push even higher still.
-Barry

I agree there are only a handful of collectors holding up the value on these.
Its not like other toylines with a huge dedicated fanbase.
If a few collectors here stopped bidding they would drop like a rock.

#35 Shadow Bat

Shadow Bat

Serious Collector

• 360 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:36 AM

I think it's also important to remember when thinking about people bidding to much or agreeing on a cap etc that alot of the more rare stuff only shows up when people see the prices going crazy, yes it sucks financially when the wave is at it's high but it's also when the real gems start to appear too and when people see a hustle bear for example go for a high amount they all try to sell theirs too, flood the market and then the price drops again some waves are longer than others but it's always the same really

#36 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:43 AM

I think it's also important to remember when thinking about people bidding to much or agreeing on a cap etc that alot of the more rare stuff only shows up when people see the prices going crazy, yes it sucks financially when the wave is at it's high but it's also when the real gems start to appear too and when people see a hustle bear for example go for a high amount they all try to sell theirs too, flood the market and then the price drops again some waves are longer than others but it's always the same really

I thought about the wave idea myself and hopped these high prices convinced some collectors to sell.
I checked this morning to see if anyone had listed anything.

It has started to happen with the collector cards. But its easier for people to sell the cards then the beasts themselves.

Edited by Toxoviper, 29 May 2011 - 07:47 AM.

#37 mannakat

mannakat

Electro Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:Creature junkie, werewolves, dinosaurs

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:34 AM

I've been keeping an eye on the price flux in the LB's, and while I'm glad to have seen a lot of them on there... not so happy with the prices. But what can you do aside from hoping that someone will list them pretty cheap under a Buy It Now, and hope you're one of the first to notice?

At this point I'm mostly ignoring the LB's and seeing what there is for the BB's, figures or other items that catch my interest. At this point, it's better for my wallet and I don't feel guilty about buying a few beasts at a time (whereas at this rate, with the LB's I'd have to limit myself to one and wait a few months).

#38 BigSerow

BigSerow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:04 AM

Too true, I'v noticed this myself over the years. We'll be seeing more, and then hopefully it'll be nice out and people will forget about them, and I wont :)

Edited by BigSerow, 30 May 2011 - 07:04 AM.

#39 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:14 PM

I agree there are only a handful of collectors holding up the value on these.
Its not like other toylines with a huge dedicated fanbase.
If a few collectors here stopped bidding they would drop like a rock.

Which is why when you talk to some collectors in private they will admit they will bid auctions up when they have NO intention of winning the item. They do this to make sure the price remains high on items they own in order to protect the perceived value of their item.

While I don't believe this is tantamount to shill billing your or your friends' auctions, it is still VERY douchie and borderline unethical because you are costing everybody else money unnecessarily.

---
For those of you who don't go to toy shows or collector shops all that often, try it out. Chummy up with a guy and begin asking questions. These guys ALWAYS do it.

I was in a board game store the other day (looking for the MUSCLE board game, which of COURSE they didn't have, but one can wish!), and I started talking to the owner about his business. He said store traffic is high but very few people buy. I asked him what percentage of his business he does online, and he said most of it. Yadda, yadda, yadda. We started talking about ebay, and he told me how he loves searching ebay for good deals to pick up items cheaply (totally ethical) but likes to "f around," as he put, with people who are determined to get other items cheaply and will bid up their stuff in order to keep prices high.

Now, I don't think this is illegal or even necessarily that unethical in the big picture, but I do think the guy is an f-ing douche.

Edited by CuttleFishforsale, 30 May 2011 - 05:25 PM.

#40 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:20 PM

Which is why when you talk to some collectors in private they will admit they will bid auctions up when they have NO intention of winning the item. They do this to make sure the price remains high on items they own in order to protect the perceived value of their item.

While I don't believe this is tantamount to shill billing your or your friends' auctions, it is still VERY douchie and borderline unethical because you are costing everybody else money unnecessarily.

I made a statement in this vain but deleted it to avoid any bad blood.

Edited by Toxoviper, 30 May 2011 - 05:21 PM.

#41 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:31 PM

I made a statement in this vain but deleted it to avoid any bad blood.

Were you intentionally bidding up an item you didn't want to win, or were you trying to pick it up cheaply?

BIG difference.

#42 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:50 PM

Were you intentionally bidding up an item you didn't want to win, or were you trying to pick it up cheaply?

BIG difference.

My only interest is helping grow our LRG community.

#43 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:05 PM

I would like to mention in December a EBay reseller won a large BB/LB collection on eBay then proceeded to list individually as buy-it-knows.
The original seller did not take a good photo of his MIB Slag King and I believe it went largely unnoticed.
The reseller listed the Slag King for $200 buy-it-now.
I saw it listed and was deliberating on purchasing it.
Mind you I was brand new to the line and had no idea of the scarcity.
I sent my best offer in for $150. A little over 10 minutes later it was bought.
I still regret it to this day.
Taught me a lesson to not let something get away from me at a fair value.

Edited by Toxoviper, 30 May 2011 - 06:12 PM.

#44 TOPHER

TOPHER

Chit Happens.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Interests:My Recording Studio, Video Games, Shelby Cobras, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle/Laser/Greek Beasts, MIMP+WIMP, Remco Mini Mashers, Figurines holding any kind of musical instrument, Weird Ball Wrestlers......

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:42 PM

The 3 Boxed LB Chariots= NUTZ!

Heck I really wanted Skybat,but not at those prices.
A couple years back saw one from Singapore=BIN at $75.00us+$15.00us for shipping.>-<
I past on it waiting for something cheaper cause I'm not a MIB collector unless really cheap.
Got my Boxed Slag King for like $90.00us/shipped in July-2006,glad I did.
As for schill bidding ya it sucks,but the figures were won by different bidders.
The best thing I can say from the past 2 weeks of Laser Beast maddness is that
I finally got my Battle Fennic at $62.00cdn .not the best though,but cheap.
Item number: 250822762009

http://cgi.ebay.com/250822762009?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp5197.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D250822762009%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Hopefully the prices peaked their wave,and YES I was tempted to sell some of my stuff
but now I only need 2-1/2 figs left to complete the elusive-112,I wanna see my set complete!

'On Sale' or 'For Sale'. It's really the same thing! The word, 'Sale' means YOU CAN BUY IT,
not that it is discounted. We as consumers are conditioned to think"On Sale"means it's cheaper.
Posted Image

#45 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:25 PM

So far collectors seem to be holding onto their Laser Beasts.
Maybe this weekend we will see someone list.

Thing is with Laser Beasts they have to be important to you for you to have initially spent
the money for them in the first place.
So a few hundred dollars might not convince that crowd.

You don't see us LRG collectors here running to EBay to try and make a dime on our collections.

So if someone was not already on the fence about selling off their set the money would
not convince them.
If they were considering, then the prices would push them towards selling.

#46 TOPHER

TOPHER

Chit Happens.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Interests:My Recording Studio, Video Games, Shelby Cobras, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle/Laser/Greek Beasts, MIMP+WIMP, Remco Mini Mashers, Figurines holding any kind of musical instrument, Weird Ball Wrestlers......

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:03 PM

Your best offer of $150.00 is originaly what ya thought was fair.
Maybe one day you'll find it cheaper in a lot marked "Dinosaur lot for boys" at a BIN=$14.99.
I've gotten about 4 RARE M.u.s.c.l.e.s in "C.U.T.I.E.s" lots!!!

Ya I could see someone selling part of their Laser Beast sets.
But at a BIN format,or a reserve for as much or a little less than the crazy prices,u can make $$$.
If in a normal start format the seller might not get close to the crazy prices,we'll say $500.00,
and sells it for a quarter of the price because the crazy buyers arn't biteing or had thier fill,
or the second place bidder that lost the first auction was unavailable to bid on yours,
then the seller(collector)would have to buy it back again at somewhat the same price it sold for.
Worth the trouble?? :no:

'On Sale' or 'For Sale'. It's really the same thing! The word, 'Sale' means YOU CAN BUY IT,
not that it is discounted. We as consumers are conditioned to think"On Sale"means it's cheaper.
Posted Image

#47 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:49 PM

Not to mention the seller states he kept these in direct sunlight with the Buzzsaw being discolored.

I think the high bidder may be over paying for these.

Direct sunlight who would do this ahhhhhhhhhhhh

#48 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:55 PM

I have been collecting for 2 years now and am a huge buyer, seller and trader. Only just found this site lol.

2 years ago i would have never paid more then $8 for a beast now the ones i need are the lasser beasts which makes me pay stupid prices on the ones i am left to collect. I mean 2 years ago i never thought i would be paying $150 for a 2 inch piece of plastic but now i am.

You have to remember that all the time these get older and older which makes them worth more and more money.
Plus with them being so cool and there link to Transformers people will allways collect them.

I have 1000s of these little guys.

#49 PuertoricanLion

PuertoricanLion

All hail Lord MEGATRON !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beast / Transformers G1/Vintage Gi jo.And wierd monster

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:47 AM

Iv collected a lot of things ,but nothing as fun as Bb ! Iv got some god deals I got the regular Lazer beast all in a lot for 150 bucks like 2 years ago ! I got them because I only saw them at 100 each one ! And as soon as I got them the price droped ! :-( But that's ok , I steal got a god deal 12 lazer beast 4 150 bucks ! It's possible 2 get good deal just wait ! I nead the reast of the LB but I'm not paying that much money ! I got a clear carp for 50 bucks , rite on this site ! Sow just be patient ! And happy biding ! ;)

#50 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:50 PM

Can someone please explain this to me ?
http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item51999128c5

Are these bidders trying to tell me Skybat is the holy grail of the Laser Beasts ?

The same buyer also bought the last Skybat for $528.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...id=239919256075

Edited by Toxoviper, 12 June 2011 - 05:04 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com