Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

after 3 1/2 years, they're finally coming...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 soran1985

soran1985

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 01:48 PM

it all started with a short story. that spawned a definitive conclusion due to strong demand for one, then that spawned artwork which spawned a simple RPG, which again due to demand spawned an unreleased 2nd RPG. this local phenomenon was known as FINAL QUEST :woot: this was a small hit around the rpg maker message boards(for the first game) and in the school which i first wrote the short story with an open thread ending. anyway, enough of my jabbering. today i wish to tell all that my story will be spawning a line of small moderately poseable figures. the arms will be able to move up and down, just think of the old "battle beasts" or whatever they were called, only with human characters.
The story of a young wanderer and his friends. did i mention they fight an evil, godlike corporation with thousands of armies and a big biological error that may annihilate the universe. that's final quest. if you want to know more, send me a pm and i'll gladly tell you the tale.
Final Quest, all names, characters and likenesses are copyright me. steal and Legal action WILL BE TAKEN!

#2 Drages

Drages

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 02:42 PM

woa cool so your story is gunna have toys too? thats awesome! but are they going to be easy to find? i want some :woot:
You don't live for that long so make it good!

#3 soran1985

soran1985

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 03:56 PM

i'll be able to take your order when i get the equipment. and no, they won't be hard to find. if i run out of a figure and get an order for it, i'll simply make another batch. rest assured, that as long as orders for a particular figure are coming in, there will be figures to fill the demand. and also, they will be around three inches high. expect to see them around 2005. sooner if i can get the equipment. right now it's all on paper, but while my new MUSCLE figure idea may die, THESE WILL MAKE IT!
also, count on a certificate noting the character's purpose in the story, race, age, personality and such for each figure.

those expected for first series: Snake Storm, Miles Adelbrook, Jack Rune, Jessie rune, and an Eve Inc Soldier.

now the cost of materials to make the figure, not counting the molds and stuff like that, will determine the figure cost.

oh, and these won't be appearing in stores. sorry. B) but this way, i can provide anyone that wants them with a reasonable price. and i know we all want that. :woot:
The story of a young wanderer and his friends. did i mention they fight an evil, godlike corporation with thousands of armies and a big biological error that may annihilate the universe. that's final quest. if you want to know more, send me a pm and i'll gladly tell you the tale.
Final Quest, all names, characters and likenesses are copyright me. steal and Legal action WILL BE TAKEN!

#4 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2003 - 07:21 AM

You should read this thread, I think you'll find it very informative.

http://www.littlerub...=18&t=3530&st=0

:cry:

It seems like you're just running your mouth too much about creating your own figures. It's good that you have ideas, but if I were you I would wait a little while before I started taking orders.

#5 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 06:37 PM

I think it is great you have something all your own, however, I think that it is irresponsible to take orders for figures you think may be ready in 2005.
C'mon, man just work on this stuff and when you have something then start posting and then we can critique your ideas and your figures. Seriously. It is real hard to take you seriously right now with nothing more than super lofty goals, way off prices, and little knowledge of the materials and techniques. I am sorry if Veers and I are coming off like jerks, however, what you are doing with these posts is irresponsible in my opinion and not fair to these collectors.
THEGODBEAST :stupid:

#6 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 06:46 PM

He's not hurting anyone. Just trust in the intelligence of those who frequent AKIA. They'll use their best judgment :stupid:

#7 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 07:05 PM

Really???
Cuz in my opinion he is hurting someone............me and my work.

#1 He knows nothing about the materials, equipment, and techniques.

#2 He knows nothing about the true cost, overhead, labor, and what he should value them after they are made.

#3 He has got people in a bunch about how many people are going to start reproducing muscles (quality and price should be the biggest concern), what prices should be, and how easy is it?

If you had invested the time, money, and know-how into what I have, would you think the same as I do? I think so!

THEGODBEAST :stupid:

#8 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 07:51 PM

This topic is being locked, to avoid the same debate being spilled over to two threads. Use the other thread for the debate. It doesn't need to be redundant.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com