15 replies to this topic

#1 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 06:12 PM

Well, with the movie being unveiled tomorrow, the Hulk toys have flooded every Wal-Mart, Target and TRU in my area. Seriously, literally 1/3 of the entire Wal-Mart toy section is devoted to Hulk toys.

Anyway, I was just curious if anyone has picked up any of the Hulk action figures. I had been debating about buying a couple of the figures. I was mostly intrigued by the 13" rotocast Hulk mainly due to an old thread Nathan started about this figure. Today, I went ahead and picked up the 13" rotocast Hulk and one of the regular 7.5" figures. The 7.5 figure has some nice articulation and is an ok figure. But, I love the rotocast Hulk. It rocks. I'll probably go ahead and post a review on that figure.

#2 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 06:24 PM

I was thinking about picking up one of the 7.5" figures, but ended up deciding against it. My Wal-Mart and Target have gotten more of the Hulk stuff, but it doesnt even look like people are buying the stuff. The Hulk Fists and such are on sale already. I might pick up on of the figures later though, but there is no guarente.

Posted Image

#3 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 06:35 PM

Yeah, I think they flooded the market with these toys and grossly overestimated the demand. I got both the figures on sale at Target. And, by the way, who ever thought giving a kid Hulk fists was a good idea? Here little Johnny, put these fists on and act like you are in a total rage and go around the house smashing all the furniture, fixtures and any other breakables. Once your done with that go find you little sister, Sally, and bash her in the head a couple of times. I think that is the last toy I'd want to get for my kid!

#4 WhoDatMuscle

WhoDatMuscle

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 06:37 PM

I think I've got all the figures except the vehicles. I also don't have the 13 inch figure, but now I'm thinking about getting one.

Edited by WhoDatMuscle, 19 June 2003 - 06:37 PM.

"I'm drivin' the hell outta this truck!"

#5 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 06:38 PM

Some day, I might buy myself some Hulk Hands.

You know, for college use.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 07:25 PM

These things have flooded the local stores here for about 4-5 months now. I'm SO sick of seeing them.

That said, I picked up the rotocast with dark pants for my son today. It's kewl, and he likes it alot.

#7 Ramses

Ramses

Walking the path of heaven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 12:28 AM

in regards to the fist.

well,how do you take the fustration of life out on someone? Foam hands! expecialy little kids who are just to young to know the terms "Tact" and "respect" so when little Johny (no relation to jkaris or his sons)is picked on,all he needs to do is say "you wount like me when im Angry",slip on the glove and show him who's the master of their domain. I like the idea myself,wish I had a pair of these in Middle school to make people get the point. -_-

#8 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 12:49 AM

When the hands are on sale for 50% off, I'll pick up a pair.

Boffer Hands. Mize.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#9 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 12:18 PM

Hulk toys blow chunks. They're so friggin' boring... I mean, the line really only consists of one character (Hulk, of course) in different poses and with different action features. BFD, I say...

Couple that with the fact that the Hulk toys not only take up shelf space that could be utilized for more interesting lines like MOTU and Ultimate Muscle, but also that they have been peg warmers since the line was released 5 months ago, and I'm fed up with this line before the movie has even been released. I think that the Hulk toys will end up being the 1998 Godzilla toys of this summer. There will be so many left over that the retailers won't even be able to clearance them out.

On a side note, not all the Hulk toys suck arse. The large rotocast figures are very nice (a good size and a great price), and the Hulk fists are a lot of fun. But that's what... three toys out of how many dozens?! Does anybody collect this line?

-Nathan

#10 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 01:37 PM

I just picked up the 13" Roto Cast Raging Hulk. I have to say that I am pretty happy with it. The rest really dont intrest me that much, except for the other Roto Cast figure. $7.99 was a pretty good price for something so big.

Posted Image

#11 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 21 June 2003 - 06:22 PM

Yeah, seeing them around for so darn long has really gotten on my nerves. Why in the world would anyone really want so much stuff before there's a major motion picture/franchise to go with it? Doesn't make sense to me.

I haven't really paid any attention to the Roto Cast figures (in my mind, when you've seen one big green guy, you've seen them all), but I love the Hulk Hands! They're so cool! Maybe I'll get one for those times when mimoman's becoming too insolent. :notme:

Also, just saw the movie tonight (great stuff!), and loved the character of Bruce's father. Don't wanna spoil anything, but he would make a refreshing and, least to say, interesting figure... or two... :lol:

-Boaconda

#12 Mystery Mask

Mystery Mask

Captain Americat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 08:47 PM

I hate those Hulk fists. I go to Target and little kids have taken them out, put them on and are running around the store going "HULK SMASH"! The madness needs to stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 ;)
Posted Image
Just when you think it's safe to go back on the internet...

!!!DRAGON BALL CENTRAL!!!

Now with UM Series 1-5, 8 of 10 CCG Sculpts, and 6.5" Figures!

#13 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 08:54 PM

I say that 75% of the Hulk fists are out of their boxes. And some of those are cracked, or have that handle (on the inside) ripped out.

Posted Image

#14 Ramses

Ramses

Walking the path of heaven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 09:19 PM

I say that 75% of the Hulk fists are out of their boxes. And some of those are cracked, or have that handle (on the inside) ripped out.

eather that or it sounds like this

roar,hulk smash....

#15 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 09:31 PM

I was afraid to even look in here when this topic started thinking people would like these things but I desided to look today just to see what was posted (1:20 ish A.M.). Thank god everyone hates them. The only thing I would get would be the hulk hands, and that would mean a 75% off discount at least. I have no clue what they cost, but im not paying more than 5 for the pair MOC. I didnt like them when I first saw them, and take up valueable shelf space. And they say they are getting rid of U.M. WTF i say to that... WTF. Im with nate thinking, "What were they thinking when they made these?" The hulk hands were a good idea, but they can hurt since they are solid rubber and if they come at you with enough force can really knock you down. They arent a Sockem Boper and surprised no kid has hurt another yet. I mean What if a kid riped out the stick and beat someone with it (damn these sadistic kids today...). Ok i know im getting abit off the wall but they should have thought about what they were going to make before just making something. Im sure there are some cool ones in the bunch, but im not looking nor supporting the cause.
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#16 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 23 June 2003 - 05:55 AM

In a couple months all of the stores are goign to be haveing Huge sales on hulk toys. I might pick up a figure or two then.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com