• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 greyeagle06

greyeagle06

Excited for Princess Peach Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:All things Nintendo, Mega Man, Pokemon, Sonic the hedghog, M.u.s.c.l.e., Jim Henson, Lego Ninjago, Bionicle, Star Wars, (Some) Disney, G.I. Joe, Food and Company mascot figures, and Little Rubber Guys

Posted 25 August 2020 - 12:09 PM

Hello and good day! I hope this topic isn't too overused.I am just wondering if you think M.u.s.c.l.e. figure #131 was made in the color red. I heard this topic talked about a few times and I am very interested to see the varying opinions people have. when it comes to me personally while would love for every m.u.s.c.l.e. to come in every color I know that it is not true. For red #131 specifically I still am not sure. But maybe you folks can help me make a decision! thank you for taking the time to read this.

Attached File  131.jpg   8.81K   1 downloads

Looking for more M.u.s.c.l.e.

#2 cloning007

cloning007

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 12:37 PM

There is only 1 in known existence and the person who owns it has been band from LRG and everywhere else.. Also there is only 1 known picture of it and it looks to be photo shopped.  I been collecting for a long time close to 20 years  and I have never seen this figure show up. I believe either the tree is incorrect or the mold was plugged to save on material. 

#3 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 25 August 2020 - 12:48 PM

Sure would explain some things, and make me feel so much better about not owning one!

#4 greyeagle06

greyeagle06

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:All things Nintendo, Mega Man, Pokemon, Sonic the hedghog, M.u.s.c.l.e., Jim Henson, Lego Ninjago, Bionicle, Star Wars, (Some) Disney, G.I. Joe, Food and Company mascot figures, and Little Rubber Guys

Posted 25 August 2020 - 02:57 PM

There is only 1 in known existence and the person who owns it has been band from LRG and everywhere else.. Also there is only 1 known picture of it and it looks to be photo shopped.  I been collecting for a long time close to 20 years  and I have never seen this figure show up. I believe either the tree is incorrect or the mold was plugged to save on material. 

Okay, thanks!

Sure would explain some things, and make me feel so much better about not owning one!

Yeah, me too!

Edited by greyeagle06, 22 September 2020 - 01:49 PM.

#5 Bones

Bones

Deep Throat

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 04:53 PM

Fake

#6 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 11:44 PM

Does not exist.

#7 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 28 August 2020 - 12:59 AM

Would it be possible to remove the red #131 from the pinned Class A Muscle thread? Or at the least put a disclaimer saying that it's not accurate that that figure? 

#8 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 02:11 AM

Removed. I did not realize that pic was still included in that post, which just goes to show how little regard I have for the whole "class system" concept.

#9 Bones

Bones

Deep Throat

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 03:34 AM

The 131 AND 135 red are BOTH fake figures of which only 1 are "known" to exist.
With only pictures provided by Alex maybe 10 years ago.
We've had lengthy discussions and poured hours into investigating into this.

#10 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 04:08 AM

We can drop that one off the list as well. 

Are there any others on that list that have been reasonably disproved? Forgive my ignorance on the excruciating minutia of this particular subject, but the class system is essentially meaningless to me beyond a point of mild interest. I just like the sculpts!  :D

#11 cloning007

cloning007

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 04:51 AM

The 131 AND 135 red are BOTH fake figures of which only 1 are "known" to exist.
With only pictures provided by Alex maybe 10 years ago.
We've had lengthy discussions and poured hours into investigating into this.

closer to 20 years ago than it is to 10 years 

#12 cloning007

cloning007

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 04:54 AM

We can drop that one off the list as well. 

Are there any others on that list that have been reasonably disproved? Forgive my ignorance on the excruciating minutia of this particular subject, but the class system is essentially meaningless to me beyond a point of mild interest. I just like the sculpts!  :D

My thought has always been to leave them on the check list, because with out all the sites removing it from there lists it will only keep this debate going over and over again. It would also be really nice if these collectors with rare figures didn't share pictures that are 20 years old. If they own something they should be able to take a new photo of it. 

#13 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 05:08 AM

closer to 20 years ago than it is to 10 years 

Well, the color database project was started by Soupie in December 2005, but the questionable photos submitted by alex did not come until January 2009, so those pics are 12 years old.

As to your other point, perhaps the list should contain notations as to which figures' legitimacy is questionable, as Fisheye suggested. Maybe keeping the pics in place, but changing them to gray scale.

That way, they could stay on the list as a possibility, but figures would not be shown in full color unless they are properly documented.

#14 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 05:19 AM

Something like this is what I am thinking:

Attached File  grey 131.jpg   7.36K   4 downloadsAttached File  grey 135.jpg   8.39K   5 downloads

#15 Bones

Bones

Deep Throat

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 05:26 AM

The dark blue #040 should also be noted.
Only one "known" to exist in his collection. Photo provided by him

#16 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 05:39 AM

Maybe something like this would make even more sense:

Attached File  blue 140.jpg   13.84K   3 downloadsAttached File  red 131.jpg   13.79K   4 downloadsAttached File  red 135.jpg   17.48K   2 downloads

This way the figure would stand out on the list for notation purposes, but still give one a sense of the color that could possibly exist at a glance.

#17 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 06:40 AM

Oooh, I like that. They stand out but aren't necessarily erased entirely until some more specimens appear.

When you discount these (and maybe others? dunno), I wonder how close others are to actual color sets.

#18 cloning007

cloning007

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 08:52 AM

Oooh, I like that. They stand out but aren't necessarily erased entirely until some more specimens appear.

When you discount these (and maybe others? dunno), I wonder how close others are to actual color sets.

taking these 3 away make Veers only 1 figure away from a master set. Nick would be i think 9 or 10 away and i would be 15 away 

#19 greyeagle06

greyeagle06

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 02:23 PM

Maybe we need a "figures that could be real but have only been seen documented by arforbes" list.  ;)

#20 TMAN

TMAN

M.U.S.C.L.E. HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Interests:Anything M.U.S.C.L.E. TMNT. NKE 6.0 Mutants. Customs!

Posted 28 August 2020 - 03:23 PM

Veers must believe they are real if they are on his list?

Attached Files

th_fdfc5f0f35daf26c472dce86f63f9f9e.jpg

#21 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 06:25 PM

I don't know if he believes they exist as much as he is seeking confirmation from an independent source that they do actually exist.

#22 Guest_tarmogoyf_*

Guest_tarmogoyf_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2020 - 03:24 PM

I like the solution of the half shade to signify “should” exist but unproven. It seems extremely unlikely 040DB was ever made, and an example of a figure being left out of a color is the strongest piece of evidence to suggest 131R and 135R were never made either (well, other than nobody legit being able to vouch for one).

#23 Bones

Bones

Deep Throat

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 05:53 PM

taking these 3 away make Veers only 1 figure away from a master set. Nick would be i think 9 or 10 away and i would be 15 away

6 away for me. Would be been 4 if I hadn't picked up those 2 dyed figures

Edited by Bones, 31 August 2020 - 03:00 PM.

#24 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 07:04 PM

Out of curiosity, who does own a red 139?

#25 cougarmind

cougarmind

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 05:25 PM

Hi. When I came across this post I felt compelled to contribute. I am a long time lurker but a first time poster. I am not a Muscle collector but I collect other mono minis. I acquired the figure in the attached pictures in a bag full of robots and other little figures last year from my local thrift shop in Toronto. I was disappointed when I opened the bag to find the previous owner had mutilated several of the figures - you can see the headdress of this figure sliced off at the back. The horror!

Let me know what you think. It looks like a red 131 to me but I’m no expert. I’ve included a picture of some other random Muscles for colour comparison. Thanks for your time.

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: m.u.s.c.l.e., muscle, mattel, class a, red #131, 131

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com