Theme© by Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Most liked and favorite BB? What's yours?

battle beats favorite white leo

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Screamer

Screamer

Ping Pong Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE #136, TMNT Sidekicks, GB Companion Ghosts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:03 AM

Now that I am getting closer to a set of the first series of Beasts I was thinking about which are my personal favorites and what I thought the more popular figures as a community at large would be. I had them sprawled out and some are far cooler than others.

I'm sure this has been discussed before but all I could find was a thread on the most hated beasts lol. A poll would be cool but seems a bit involved.

My personal favorites all reside in series one; Web Slinging Spider, Rubberneck Giraffe and Blitzkreig Bat. I figure Pirate Lion and King Cobra may be some of the more favored characters.

So what say you? Of the 76 original Beasts which are your favorites? And maybe just as important, what do you think are the most iconic figures of the line are? Which figures do you first think of when you hear 'Battle Beasts'?

My girlfriend is trying to sketch out a group shot but in no way is trying to take on the task of 76 figures.

#2 MantisFang

MantisFang

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:42 AM

I would have to say..
Cutthroat Cuttlefish
43CutthroatCutleIcon1a.jpg

And

Antic Anteater
40AnticAnteaterIcon1a.jpg

#3 redspook

redspook

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Battle Builders, Road Wars, Bone Age, M.A.S.K., Dino Riders

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:57 AM

My all time favorite Battle Beast is the Knight Owl, as he was the only one I owned as a kid that I picked up from a flea market since Beasts were a little before my time.

My other favorites are: Horny Toad, Ossified Orangatang, & Manic Mandrill

#4 bot3ro

bot3ro

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts - Laser Beasts - Beast Saga - Nintendo - Photography - Travel - Scuba Diving - Football

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:30 AM

My favourite battle beasts are: Sawtooth Shark, King Cobra and Hunchback Camel. Also really like Delta Chameleon as I think Chameleons are such cool animals. But there are so many awesome sculpts so it's really hard to choose just two or three of them all.

#5 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:51 AM

Personal favorite: Ferocious Tiger

General favorites for cutting and pasting: Carp, Bat, Sheep, Iguana, Sloth, Hawk

#6 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:12 PM

Tanglin' Pangolin

I had never heard of a pangolin before.  Off to the World Book Encyclopedia at the Public Library. 

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 29 March 2016 - 12:17 PM.

#7 Edmasta

Edmasta

#Battlebeastsbattleground

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:80年代 ホラー
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:42 PM

I love Old Carpy but also Pirate Lion,Cobra and Triple Threat Snake are up there too.

bbb3.jpg

#8 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:17 PM

Cuttlefish and the platypus!

(I also like the sloth)

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#9 Timpopkid

Timpopkid

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:58 PM

Rocky Rhino has always been my favorite. The 2-Pack with him & Sly Fox was the first set I got as a kid.

Instagram / Twitter: @TimPopKid

#10 Grencats

Grencats

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:01 PM

The only Battle Beast I had growing up was the Walrus. They were released when I was 4 or 5. He wasn't my favorite but it was great to have one. One of my only Transformers was Long Tooth the Pretender also a Walrus.

2 of my favorite Battle Beats are the Bear and Black Panther.

#11 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:22 PM

As a kid always had Killer Carp and Triple threat snake, love them all now.

Do not be afraid. If they try to harm you, I will stand in front of them.

#12 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 30 March 2016 - 07:20 AM

Elephant and Frog will always be at the top of my list for nostalgia purposes, those guys went everywhere with me when I was little. Shield Dragon gets my vote for for coolest sculpt.

#13 Flashbax

Flashbax

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Head writer/editor for ToyRobot Magazine

Owner at Flashbax Toy Store

Transformers, Transforming robots, Godzilla, Dino Riders, D&D

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:25 AM

All time fave would be the Eagle, loved the way he looked and the mold in general.

runner ups would be the: water buffalo, tortoise, owl, hawk and the crow. the ones with wings always seemed to stand out more.

Just a dude that loves collecting

#14 babact

babact

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:35 AM

Diving Duckbill

is my favorite, but as an adult I was disappointed that his name is Duckbill and not Platypus. 

#15 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:15 PM

I´ve to stick, like some above, to my first ever BB because of the nostalgia that comes with it so....... the Rabbit it is.

As for the most Iconic figures within the BB lines (LB excluded) Pirate Lion is definitely #1 in that list as well because he´s the representative of the BB line but with him I think all the first 18 Beasts were probably the most remembered simply because of them and their artwork being the most wide spread (they appeared in the comics). But beside the Rhino and the Lion also the Ram was pretty present on the artwork for the line so think he´s also remembered quite a bit by many kids from the 80´s. Looking into the figs outside the first Series Beasts I don´t think there are any Series 2 or 3 Beasts really jumping into the eye or at least that´s how I feel because most of the advertisement and the initial launch was more focused on the original 1st Series but if I´d to call one the Cobra is an iconic Beast that´s often recognized or remembered from the higher Series of Beasts.

But as a fan naming just one Beast as your real favorite is tough.....

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#16 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:35 PM

Mine is Crow. lots of cultures see the Crow as a symbolism of death or bad omen and he's carrying a scythe which is the Grim Reapers weapon of choice which is the bringer of death.Such a Rad Combo!

#17 Grencats

Grencats

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:49 AM

The Crow is really great, but he actually might be a Black Bird as Crows are supposed to have black beaks. I have a Black Greek Bird with Black Rabbit arms. He totally looks like a Crow and he hangs out with the yellow beak Crows.

#18 deano9

deano9

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:44 AM

Mine has to be killer Carp and Triple Threat Snake as these were my first two figures as a kid!!!

#19 Glock

Glock

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:17 PM

Rhino of course. I mean his hand is a mace.

#20 ChrisCool

ChrisCool

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:39 AM

Like everyone else, my favorites are those I got as a kid : skunk, sir sir horse and the ram. I also had a zariganian, and I'm proud to having keep them despite many, many houses moving.

#21 Jabroniville

Jabroniville

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:32 PM

As a kid:
Cutthroat Cuttlefish (or as I called him, "The Squid")
Pirate Lion (the "Bad Guy" leader, in my childhood games) 
Rhino (he was the leader of the "Good Guys" to me) 
Weasel (every kid I knew treated him like he was Wolverine from the X-Men in terms of attitude) 

As an adult: 
Cuttlefish (what can I say? He's still awesome) 
Black Panther 
Crooked Crow 
Antic Anteater 

(as a kid, I'd never seen the Panther & Crow before, so seeing them as an adult makes them look like some crazy exotic made-up Beasts, not "official" ones :))

Edited by Jabroniville, 05 June 2016 - 04:05 AM.

#22 ThunderLips

ThunderLips

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 04:54 PM

I'll post my top 5 in order, I don't know why they are my favourites other then aesthetically.

1:Killer Carp
2:Rubberneck Giraffe
3:Rocky Rhino
4:Prickly Porcupine
5:Web Slinger
Honourable mention to Sly Fox and every Laser Beast. I don't know what it is but something about the Laser Beasts orb just gives me chills about how awesome it was. Everytime I see something that reminds me of it a warm rush of nostalgia runs over me.

#23 ZebraLegion

ZebraLegion

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts & Laser Beasts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:13 AM

Going through all of these old threads, I had to dust this one off.  I'm sure nobody cares but my favorites in no particular order:

Lion was always my favorite as a kid. I was given an armless one from my older brothers and sacrificed my one armed weasel and sheep to give him arms.

Now: Lion, Zebra, Panda, Bighorn Sheep (even though I stole an arm for my Lion), & Antelope.

They are all great, though!

Searching for any middle 12 or higher 12 lasers- happy with just the figures don't need weapons/shields/sled Killer HoundFighthorn

Searching for Greek Fox set: Purple

Searching for any Zebra's in any condition 

#24 Orkozero

Orkozero

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Transformers, Masters of the Universe

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:11 AM

When I was a kid, when my brother and I would line up the BB for our epic wars, we had a heirarchy that came about from our own preferences and tastes. Those we liked the most were, obviously, strongest and in charge. The one I always put first was Deer Stalker - he was my team’s Leader for sure! I love his cool shades, drill arm and Batleth (which I was a fan of waaay before I knew what Star Trek was! The OG Batleth!). My brother’s favorite was Slowpoke Sloth. Couldn’t tell you why, but he was #1. Probably the hand cannons helped.

#25 traderluke

traderluke

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:10 PM

As a kid, my favorites were the Sly Fox and the Bodacious Bovine (who I called "Jerry" for some reason).  

Now that I have been collecting them, I like:

Torrential Tapir & Armored Armadillo for their classic stances and cool looks.  Web Slinging Spider is awesome too.

Least favorite is Triple Threat Snake.  The head is boring with no paint on it and it just feels like it is a knockoff or something.  Such a cool idea with the hands, and yet it turned out so boring.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com