#1 BigSerow

BigSerow

Hey babe, I negotiate million dollar deals for breakfast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts, Minimates and Kre-O Transformers

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

So I don't know much about these, but I still pay somewhat close attention to them, & I've never seen a series 2 mexican bootleg till now http://www.ebay.com/...=item2a1f37a5c6

How many series 2 are there, and is there a web page I can view them all in?

Thanks everyone

#2 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:38 PM

a few Serie 2 beasts exist in the mexican production, at least the hippo, beaver and duck

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#3 alfonsovaldezv

alfonsovaldezv

toy dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Interests:Little Rubber guys specially MIMPs, OMFG, Minikins and a lot of LRG

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:31 AM

I´ve seen this figures at the flea market, i f any of you are interested let me know so next time i see them i buy them. :)

#4 Guest_BalticWorldWide_*

Guest_BalticWorldWide_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

I'm new to collecting and it never ceases to amaze me the stuff that keeps popping up...Just when you thought you'd seen it all...

#5 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

I'm new to collecting and it never ceases to amaze me the stuff that keeps popping up...Just when you thought you'd seen it all...

No kidding

#6 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

I just got these:

BootlegCarps.jpg

This one is smaller, snotty looking, and horny. Kinda gross, IMO. ;) Any info on it???

UglyBootlegCarp.jpg

#7 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:00 AM

Might be a bootleg from the Mexican bootlegs to that might explain the horns as he's simply a bootleg 2.0 ;)

Its Mexican for sure and I've seen other figs with horns but since they look slightly different and more small than the other Mexican beasts I've no idea about the story behind it although my 2.0. option seems plausible LOL

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#8 mca19

mca19

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Battle Beasts/Laser Beasts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:54 AM

I've seen the Mexican bootleg horny carp as well.  My best guess his mother threw her instincts out the window and gave into the temptation that is the Rocky Rhino.  Thanks to her curiosity, the Rhino Carp was born.  I've seen several of these if you ever want a PM when they come up for auction. 

Jonny, were you able to grab that Greek carp or did someone else get it? 

#9 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

Yeah, I have seen a few of those Horned Carps as well. I watch for mexican bootlegs quite a bit, as I am trying to build up a collection of mexican bootleg snakes, one in each color. Getting pretty far now. I think purple, light brown and light pink are the main colors I need, except every once in a while, I see another beast in a color that I didn't know existed, so who really knows.

I'll post a pic this weekend of my mexican snakes.

#10 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

What are the Mexican BBs average price? I've seen them before, but I never know what to feel comfortable bidding with. Same with the Greeks.

The $7 it went for I would consider a good price. Is that generally what they're all worth?

Edited by Draznar, 06 June 2013 - 09:23 AM.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#11 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

It depends. I have seen them go for anywhere between 7 to 15 bucks, and the occassional one has been 20 bucks. But usually that's about the most I have seen one go for.

As for the greeks, it seems their prices move all over the place. I have seen some for 20 or 25 bucks, I have seen others go for far more than that. But they seem to be a little bit cheaper recently after people realized just how many of these were made.

#12 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

That purple GBB Carp sold to R80's. He's got a master set going. I tried but $200+ is a lot for a GBB, even a rare one, IMHO.

I think Mexican Carp Bootlegs usually sell for well over $20 each. I'd be interested in a few more colors, but the horned ones are not my bag.

#13 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

Wow I've never seen a horny carp before. I have to say I like him even if I don't collect Mexican battle beasts.... YET!
Greeks are where my heart lies however the pricing on them is hard to say they can go from around $15 all the way up to the $100s it just depends on the rarity on them and this varies on color and beast plus condition.

#14 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

Oh and it was me that won that carp in the end but if there other becomes a time I have to let him go I will be sure to let Jpack know.

#15 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

I think Mexican Carp Bootlegs usually sell for well over $20 each. I'd be interested in a few more colors, but the horned ones are not my bag.

I have a smaller sized MBB Killer Carp in light red I'd be willing to trade if you have any non-carp MBBs :)

Edit: After reading Jonny's post I went back and looked at mine and noticed it has markings on its face in the same place where the horns are on his pink carp. Interesting indeed. Pic attached.

Attached Files

Edited by bachamn, 07 June 2013 - 08:19 PM.

#16 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

Oh and it was me that won that carp in the end but if there other becomes a time I have to let him go I will be sure to let Jpack know.

:)

I have a smaller sized MBB Killer Carp in light red I'd be willing to trade if you have any non-carp MBBs :)

Edit: After reading Jonny's post I went back and looked at mine and noticed it has markings on its face in the same place where the horns are on his pink carp. Interesting indeed. Pic attached.

I only have MBB Carps now. That one sure looks like a sawed-off version for sure! Crazy!

#17 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

So, do their arms move? It doesn't look like it. I hate those hokey poses they're in.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#18 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

Nope, they're resin casts without articulation. I like them though; give you the option to display some mono-chrome BBs at a fraction of the cost of the Greccos. :thumbsup:

I've decided that I'd like to whittle my MBBs down to just 1 or 2 sculpts, since there's so many different ones. I'm going after the Hippo and Gators (primarily hippo) and trading off everything else (except my black White Leo, cause he looks pretty sweet ;)

Please let me know if you'd be interesting in trading; I have extras:

• Brown Col. Bird
  • Black Boar
  • Dark Blue Buffalo
  • Dark Blue Duck
  • Yellow Duck
  • Red mini-Carp (mentioned above)

#19 BattleChick41

BattleChick41

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beast, Laser Beast, custom beast .... anything at all Battle beast!!!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

I have a dark brown carp for trade if any ones looking for one 

#20 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:47 AM

I'm interested in Carps usually. PM me if you like. ;)

#21 DiehmStudios

DiehmStudios

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

I think I may want to start collecting Mexican Bootlegs.Especially any Transy Orange and Transy Blue ones. They look pretty rad! Is the materials used still PVC??? PM me if you have some and want to trade or sell. Tnx.

#22 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

I beleive that these are a hard plastic.

#23 DiehmStudios

DiehmStudios

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

I beleive that these are a hard plastic.

Interesting! Thanks for the info. Regardless ,I still wanna collect them. Thanks!

#24 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:39 AM

yes, hard and easily brokable plastic. The figures are light & hollow.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#25 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:47 AM

i still have the handful of extras I listed earlier in the thread. looking for a purple and an orange colored MBB to finish my color spectrum display. preferably a hippo or gorilla if anyone has any :)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com