8 replies to this topic

#1 Neverwhere

Neverwhere

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:42 PM

Hey guys. I'm a big fan of Parthenon, but since I only started collecting M.U.S.C.L.E again only a few months ago I only have him in his six muscle colors, his Nestle Quick form, and one 29th Anniversary Kinkeshi reissue in dark blue. Would anyone want to sell any other forms of him? Thanks.

#2 NeonGreen

NeonGreen

toychotomy on Instagram

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:58 PM

I don't have any to offer, but I just wanted to say that I'm also a Parthenon fan! I still need 3 of his colors, but like you, I also own a Quick figure! That's pretty cool. 

(sorry, that's all I've got!)  :lol:

#3 Neverwhere

Neverwhere

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:21 AM

I don't have any to offer, but I just wanted to say that I'm also a Parthenon fan! I still need 3 of his colors, but like you, I also own a Quick figure! That's pretty cool. 

(sorry, that's all I've got!)  :lol:

Thanks anyway. I know his Deka Keshi is on the rare side and very tough to get. I've seen a couple of kinkeshi on ebay, but they were with large lots and I didn't want to spend the money...Not only do I think his sculpt is physically awesome, I like how he's the only M.U.S.C.L.E. which has an obvious historic connotation to it. In addition, I think he was the best villain in the original maga. The guy can fossilize people and store them in his pillars!

Edited by Neverwhere, 10 February 2016 - 05:23 AM.

#4 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:46 PM

This one on the right was always my favorite Parthenon figure!!

joe010Small.jpg

#5 Neverwhere

Neverwhere

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:29 PM

I saw those guys on Yahoo Japan. Still don't trust buying from there. I know I'm being paranoid.

#6 MantisFang

MantisFang

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:05 PM

I saw those guys on Yahoo Japan. Still don't trust buying from there. I know I'm being paranoid.

I'm a bit leery myself. Mostly because the item description translations aren't exactly perfect.
That and choosing the right courier service is key, being that many have assorted fees and you basically have to pay twice for shipping. (Seller to the courier service and courier to you.)

I did recently take the plunge however, as you have a vastly superior selection as opposed to EBay and the prices are much more reasonable.

There are plenty of couriers to choose from and its not easy to decide which one will be the least expensive and most reputable.

After checking reviews, researching fees and customer experience ratings I decided upon ZenMarket.jp

They charge 300 yen (about $2.64) commission per item, which isn't bad considering you can get a free 500 yen (about $4.41)
bonus by simply adding a promo code.

URL: http://zenmarket.jp/en/?affid=DB40B5CE
Promo code: DB40B5CE

That leaves you with 200 yen left over to bid on items with a low starting price. (Many items start the bidding at 1 yen) Pretty much free cash to use before you even add funds to your ZenMarket account.

I've already won 4 items via auction, and am waiting for them to arrive at the ZenMarket warehouse where they will combine multiple items to save on shipping.

It's pretty straightforward and simple but if you run into problems or have questions, they answer you pretty fast and are super helpful with whatever you need.

I've yet to complete the process as I'm waiting for my items to reach the warehouse.

If you have any questions, let me know. I'll post an update as soon as I receive my first shipment...

1074731.jpg
Parthenon is one of my all time favorite sculpts as well.. I couldn't resist buying the huge Romando versions. They are amazing.
2r5gmr9.jpg

Edited by MantisFang, 12 February 2016 - 04:41 PM.

#7 Merit

Merit

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman, exogini, customs, battle and laser beasts...

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:14 AM

Hi, if you want a rarity i have this for sale, oui soudatsu 1991 part 3

Attached Files

#8 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:09 PM

Nice man!! That is an expensive figure!!

#9 Neverwhere

Neverwhere

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 04:51 PM

Thanks, but probably out of my price range.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com