8 replies to this topic

#1 bigphatbastard

bigphatbastard

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 04:27 PM

I had this goal as a kid back in the 80's to collect all of these silly little things, so much so that I got that poster and studiously checked off everyone that I collected.  However, it was never meant to be.  Just yesterday, though,  I was driving around and for some reason I remembered these things and the great mystery from the 80's - the little plastic guy that wasn't on the poster.  I couldn't remember what the collection was called so I had to look it up.  I found this site and quickly determined that the toy that stuck in my head for so long was indeed a "rare" Black Hole Sunshine.  I had obviously gotten rid of all of my other M.U.S.C.L.E .men, but even back then I had the foresight to keep this one.  I searched my attic and found it.  Now I just don't know what to do with it.  As I've been a collector of weird things my entire life, I managed to keep him in pretty good condition.

Any suggestions?  I thought I might find a whole stash of other M.U.S.C.L.E. men with him, but alas this was the only one I kept.

Attached Files

#2 greyeagle06

greyeagle06

Insert Member Title Here:

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:All things Nintendo, MegaMan, Pokemon, Sonic the hedghog, M.u.s.c.l.e., All things Jim Henson, Lego Ninjago, Bionicle, Star Wars, (Some) Disney, Food and Company mascot figures, and Little Rubber Guys

Posted 16 October 2020 - 04:45 PM

I had this goal as a kid back in the 80's to collect all of these silly little things, so much so that I got that poster and studiously checked off everyone that I collected.  However, it was never meant to be.  Just yesterday, though,  I was driving around and for some reason I remembered these things and the great mystery from the 80's - the little plastic guy that wasn't on the poster.  I couldn't remember what the collection was called so I had to look it up.  I found this site and quickly determined that the toy that stuck in my head for so long was indeed a "rare" Black Hole Sunshine.  I had obviously gotten rid of all of my other M.U.S.C.L.E .men, but even back then I had the foresight to keep this one.  I searched my attic and found it.  Now I just don't know what to do with it.  As I've been a collector of weird things my entire life, I managed to keep him in pretty good condition.

Any suggestions?  I thought I might find a whole stash of other M.U.S.C.L.E. men with him, but alas this was the only one I kept.

Hello, hope you are doing well,

If you are willing to sell it does fetch a pretty high amount of money, and is very sought after, especially with the little peg attached. You could sell it here or ebay, if you wanted to.

Anyway have a nice day!

Edited by greyeagle06, 16 October 2020 - 04:46 PM.

Right Now I'm looking for Muppet Palisades Figures, and Trying to finish Flesh M.u.s.c.l.e. Collection (And Master Set  :mellow: ).

#3 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. YuGiOh. PS4/Switch/GBA/DS gaming.

Posted 16 October 2020 - 05:30 PM

Awesome find! You've had it this long, I think you should hold on to it. Like you said, you're a collector of weird things. I'd say BHS fits the bill. Hell, maybe it'll strike up a want to start collecting Muscle. Who knows? 

#4 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 16 October 2020 - 09:36 PM

Sell it, make that cheddar.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#5 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 21989 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 09:03 AM

Welcome to the LRG!

Nice find!

Now you just need to decide if you want to keep a very rare M.U.S.C.L.E. or if you want $400+ on ebay for it.

If you do sell it, I'd suggest an auction on eBay with a starting bid of $400. It has the peg attached so it should go for substantially more. Especially with the glut of new collectors vying for rarities and oddities.

Don't take any buyout offers unless they are ridiculous, like $2k, ha ha.

p.s. I updated the topic title with the name of the figure, for better visibility.

#6 tarmogoyf

tarmogoyf

6/7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 07:23 PM

You definitely chose the right one to keep! It’s kismet you still have it. :)

Cool pic. Thanks for sharing

#7 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

Boobie Smooth the Politician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., now just the colored figs since i have a complete flesh set; video games; ebay; work

Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:18 PM

Has it ever been established what kind of packaging these were found in? Do you remember if it was in a four pack, 24 pack, trash can, etc.?

Anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you, Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew - LZ

#8 bigphatbastard

bigphatbastard

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:23 AM

I recall mostly buying the trash cans, although I cannot be certain as it was so long ago.

#9 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted Yesterday, 07:19 PM

Cool that you had it for so long. It's part of your child hood toy collection. It's a keeper for sure. Unless your desperate for cash.

Copyright © 2020 LittleRubberGuys.com