Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Japanese translator for Kinnikuman manga?

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#1 yorozuya

yorozuya

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:11 AM

Hi there! I'd love to read the kinnikuman manga, but no one seems to be scanlating it. So I was wondering if any japanese translators would be interested in helping me scanlate it?

If you're interested post here or PM me.

Edited by yorozuya, 03 September 2008 - 12:05 AM.

#2 Sacola Man

Sacola Man

Brazilian Choujin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:51 PM

well,we at Jumpmangas Scanlator,are sacanlating it to portuguese(BR)
we're currently on Vol 2

http://jumpmangas.forumeiros.com/
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Kinnikuman
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 yorozuya

yorozuya

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:39 PM

But I only speak English, so I'm looking for someone translate into English.

#4 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:26 PM

is this what you had in mind? :)

http://www.toriyamaw...innikuman1.html

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#5 yorozuya

yorozuya

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:37 PM

That group is currently dead. So they're not scanlating anymore. So I'm looking for a translator to help me scanlate new chapters.

Edited by yorozuya, 01 August 2008 - 07:40 PM.

#6 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:23 PM

Good Luck.

Do you have copies of the manga in digital form? If so, PM me. I ~MIGHT~ can work something out, but I dont' know.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#7 yorozuya

yorozuya

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:04 AM

Um... I'm still looking for a translator. So if anyone's interested PM me or post here.

#8 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:39 AM

The guy I contacted is currently in Japan. Hopefully we'll hear something about it soon.

There's a link to the raw mangas on this forum somewhere.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

#9 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:08 PM

(head pokes up)

Hey there guys. I don't know if anyone really knows or cares about this but currently I have started translating the original Kinnikuman from the beginning using scans put on this board. (thanks for whoever did it) They are currently on Mangahelper alongside my work on my other major project (Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo) and while I don't know if anyone really is going to use them (though a couple are looking at it), they are there for those who want to look.

http://mangahelpers....efix=Kinnikuman

What Ataru's been up to lately:
Posted Image
Well someone has to keep her in line.

#10 Blackbeard D. Kuma

Blackbeard D. Kuma

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:58 PM

(head pokes up)

Hey there guys. I don't know if anyone really knows or cares about this but currently I have started translating the original Kinnikuman from the beginning using scans put on this board. (thanks for whoever did it) They are currently on Mangahelper alongside my work on my other major project (Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo) and while I don't know if anyone really is going to use them (though a couple are looking at it), they are there for those who want to look.

Oh man, I can tell you that I happen to really care! Thank you so much for your efforts <_< . It has always been a dream of mine to read the Kinnikuman manga translated and finally my dream is going to come to fruition, thanks to you of course. You have my complete support and I will continue to read your awesome translations. Thanks again.

#11 walkingcondominium

walkingcondominium

www.warsmancustoms.us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:Having FUN

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:29 PM

(head pokes up)

Oh man, I can tell you that I happen to really care! Thank you so much for your efforts <_< . It has always been a dream of mine to read the Kinnikuman manga translated and finally my dream is going to come to fruition, thanks to you of course. You have my complete support and I will continue to read your awesome translations. Thanks again.

Thank you, SoldierAtaru!!
Please continue to update when you can!!

#12 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:42 AM

Thanks for the support, guys. For the moment I'm doing Kinnikuman during the week with Bo-bobo at home (got to plod through vol. 1...at least I finally know now that Pandaman was in the series so early that he wasn't a creation of someone at all...and that Oda's is different) but once I get back into the swing with Bo-bobo it may get harder to do the Kinnikuman TLs. (it's higher priority) I'll try to figure some way out (especially if I'm in a crucial section by that point like the first Choujin Olympics) but my TL schedule may be free after that so I'll give this series my highest priority.

Posted Image

#13 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:00 AM

Hey,

Since Toriyama's World did a bang-up job of quite a bit of the middle of Kinnikuman, why don't you skip the chapters that Toriyama has already translated?

(You are putting your name on them as translator and editor, right? Consistancy between different groups is good. They'll probably be put into the same folder on people's computer.)

#14 Apricot

Apricot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:painting, music, film, cream cheese

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:26 AM

how could i go about getting this text onto raw scans? maybe i could help with that

#15 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:30 AM

Hey,

Since Toriyama's World did a bang-up job of quite a bit of the middle of Kinnikuman, why don't you skip the chapters that Toriyama has already translated?

(You are putting your name on them as translator and editor, right? Consistancy between different groups is good. They'll probably be put into the same folder on people's computer.)

You see I'm sort of debating on where in the series to translate. It sort of goes back to my translations of Bo-bobo: I started where another group left off but then there were others who asked "when will you go back and do the earlier chapters?" I sort of want to do everything mostly for my own reading and comprehension of the series but I sort of at the same time don't want to intrude on Toriyama World's work. If I knew where they did, maybe I could figure out what to do after I finish what I'm currently doing. (I know they did the "7 Devil Choujin" arc with Buffaloman and a bit of the early stuff)

BTW: I know I'm using a few of the Japanese terms such as "kaijuu" and "choujin", but I really don't know to what extent for some of them. For one thing, should I use "Akuma Choujin" or "Devil/Demon Choujin"? Or "Seigi" vs. "Justice".

Posted Image

#16 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:44 AM

Read Toriyama's translation and take queues from their translations-- such as Chojin and all of that. If people ask for the earlier translations or the other chapters, link them to Toriyama's World. No harm, no foul, no excess work for you. Also, the final page (credits page) could easily be put onto the bottom of what you have labelled as "page five." That's how TW did it, and why not be consistant with that as well?

Another good source of information on the series is wikipedia, though there's not many pictures on wikipedia of the characters anymore.

There's a lot of things we American fans know as the Japanese name, like the types of chojin, etc. Making a note the first time it pops up on a story might be a good idea as a 'fyi' type of thing, though.

So it'd say "Segei Chojin" in the text, but in the margins it'd say "Segei means 'Justice'."

I will gladly help as an interpreter if you want.

Edited by theorgg, 08 September 2008 - 07:48 AM.

#17 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:06 AM

Read Toriyama's translation and take queues from their translations-- such as Chojin and all of that. If people ask for the earlier translations or the other chapters, link them to Toriyama's World. No harm, no foul, no excess work for you. Also, the final page (credits page) could easily be put onto the bottom of what you have labelled as "page five." That's how TW did it, and why not be consistant with that as well?

Another good source of information on the series is wikipedia, though there's not many pictures on wikipedia of the characters anymore.

There's a lot of things we American fans know as the Japanese name, like the types of chojin, etc. Making a note the first time it pops up on a story might be a good idea as a 'fyi' type of thing, though.

So it'd say "Segei Chojin" in the text, but in the margins it'd say "Segei means 'Justice'."

I will gladly help as an interpreter if you want.

Thanks for that. I think I'll still translate everything but refer them to TW so they won't have to scanslate my works if they don't want to. (and I will keep the Japanese terms for "Seigi", "Akuma", etc) But I've noticed a few foreign translators who may want to use my works so that (and personal gratitude) will keep me in doing everything.

Posted Image

#18 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:09 AM

Could you at least skip over the solid part that Toriyama did when you get to it? He did volumes 8-12 in full, and stopped a few chapters into 13 (where that story ended).

#19 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:40 AM

Yeah I was thinking it over further and I'm thinking about skipping the Devil Choujin arc altogether and just say "It's been done by Toriyama World, please go there to read them". In fact, it is just making more and more sense for me to do the following:

-After doing the chapter I started now (Suguru vs. King Ton), I am thinking of just doing the fill-ins for the rest of the Monster Extermination chapters (which is mostly all of vol. 2)
-Then I'll probably end up doing all of the first 20th Choujin Olympics arc except what was done by TW (the only match I noticed they did was the final one between Suguru & Robin Mask, meaning there's still quite a bit undone from that era)
-Then from there I probably have to do all the American Tour and whatever fill-ins are left (including the 21st tournament...don't know about vol. 8 since that isn't on TW at this time)
-And then, once all the fillins are done...I'll just start from the "Golden Mask" arc.

That might be the easiest path for me so I won't be ruining their hard work with my own.

BTW: Should I translate every single "person who created this Choujin" when I get to there?

Posted Image

#20 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:01 AM

If it's not hard, yes. If it's difficult to translate, then no.

Also, there were a few things you translated in non-english-sense in your translation. I think TW translated it as 'panels.' Taking queues from TW on stuff like that'd be cool.

Volume 8 and 9 were translated by TW; I think the links may've dissappeared or not been updated, but I can upload what isn't there here. Tell me what's missing and I'll put it up Thursday or so.

#21 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:51 PM

If it's not hard, yes. If it's difficult to translate, then no.

Also, there were a few things you translated in non-english-sense in your translation. I think TW translated it as 'panels.' Taking queues from TW on stuff like that'd be cool.

Volume 8 and 9 were translated by TW; I think the links may've dissappeared or not been updated, but I can upload what isn't there here. Tell me what's missing and I'll put it up Thursday or so.

It's not really that hard, its mostly just trying to figure out what the name of the person who created that choujin/kaijuu character that's the problem. I'll do it but expect a lot of them to be wrong.

Update on my current situation: As I stated, I finished the chapter I was doing (chp. 4, Suguru vs. King Ton) and then immediately skipped ahead to the first new chapter not done by TW (chp. 15: something to do with some kaijuu on Planet Kinniku and Suguru meeting Meat's sister...seems silly and all but the next chapter looks more interesting since it introduces Kinkotsuman)

Edited by SoldierAtaru, 09 September 2008 - 12:52 PM.

Posted Image

#22 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:51 AM

Skullduggery's First Appearance! SWEEEEEET!!

#23 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:01 AM

I'm a bit surprised no one did these chapters since Kinkotsuman/Skull Duggery was somewhat one of Suguru's main enemies prior to the series becoming all wrestling. (heck, a lot of what's not translated has him, including the 20th Choujin Olympics and his tag-team in the America arc) But he does seem interesting from my overview of the scans.

BTW: probably just going to stick with the Japanese names...mostly since if I'm doing the Golden Mask arc later, I rather translate the "indian character" as Geronimo, not...Beatlebomb. (then again the only other major character with a name change in this arc besides that is Snegator/Shockadile)

Edited by SoldierAtaru, 10 September 2008 - 07:02 AM.

Posted Image

#24 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:04 AM

You have another fan here, SoldierAtaru. Thanks for your translations!

#25 Aelia

Aelia

Spess Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:29 AM

I'm a bit surprised no one did these chapters since Kinkotsuman/Skull Duggery was somewhat one of Suguru's main enemies prior to the series becoming all wrestling. (heck, a lot of what's not translated has him, including the 20th Choujin Olympics and his tag-team in the America arc) But he does seem interesting from my overview of the scans.

BTW: probably just going to stick with the Japanese names...mostly since if I'm doing the Golden Mask arc later, I rather translate the "indian character" as Geronimo, not...Beatlebomb. (then again the only other major character with a name change in this arc besides that is Snegator/Shockadile)

That's fine by me. Besides, I'd rather forget that whole Beatlebomb incident ever happened. :ulp:

And once again...THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU. Keep up the good work.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com