ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

On the way out of my local Toys R Us I noticed that they finally got some capsule machines with toys in them (previously only had tattoo and sticker machines). These guys aren't bad, though I wish it wasn't the SOP to put freaking smiles on any toy that might be considered "scary". A few of the sculpts have less-goofy faces. I ended up with the two at the left of the top row in this pic, but in different colors so I'm assuming each sculpt comes in the variety of colors shown.

Attached File  aliens.jpg   323.63K   105 downloads

Edited by bachamn, 04 October 2013 - 07:32 AM.

#2 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

Nice find, I like those! I think my favorite is the Beholder-type thing. Although I agree totally that it's annoying everything like this these days has to be made cutesy/goofy in some way.

I haven't seen them anywhere around here yet. I wish there was a way to find out which stores in a given area carried specific vending lines.

What's the material of them like?

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#3 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

Nice find, I like those! I think my favorite is the Beholder-type thing. Although I agree totally that it's annoying everything like this these days has to be made cutesy/goofy in some way.

I haven't seen them anywhere around here yet. I wish there was a way to find out which stores in a given area carried specific vending lines.

What's the material of them like?

yeah I was excited when I got that one on the first pull. I was thinking Cacodemon because I apparently forgot that those things were cyclopean. I'm considering painting the eyes to remove the pupils because it seems he'd look a lot more evil that way.

Material is firm PVC, no rubber goodness sadly. If you decide to get some but aren't able to locate a machine just hit me up and I'll go down there with a pocket of quarters for ya ;)

Edited by bachamn, 04 October 2013 - 08:30 AM.

#4 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

yeah I was excited when I got that one on the first pull. I was thinking Cacodemon because I apparently forgot that those things were cyclopean. I'm considering painting the eyes to remove the pupils because it seems he'd look a lot more evil that way.

Material is firm PVC, no rubber goodness sadly. If you decide to get some but aren't able to locate a machine just hit me up and I'll go down there with a pocket of quarters for ya ;)

Ah, too bad they're not more rubbery. Even with that and the goofy expressions, they're still pretty great though.

Thanks for the offer to go back down there with a pocket of quarters. :) I actually went ahead and ordered a bag of them online from one of those bulk vending places. I'm getting 100 so I'm sure I'll have extras for sale if anyone is interested.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#5 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

I'd love a set!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

Ah, too bad they're not more rubbery. Even with that and the goofy expressions, they're still pretty great though.

Thanks for the offer to go back down there with a pocket of quarters. :) I actually went ahead and ordered a bag of them online from one of those bulk vending places. I'm getting 100 so I'm sure I'll have extras for sale if anyone is interested.

haha yeah that's a much more effective way to do it ;) I hadn't even though to check for them online.

I was thinking I'd like to get the Beholder fella in a few different colors so hopefully you get a decent distribution of figs/colors in the bag :)

I also really like the orange cyclops on the bottom row in that pic; reminds me a little of some yokai I know I've seen before.

Edited by bachamn, 04 October 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#7 Matlock

Matlock

My name is matlock and i am a lrg addict.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.
    Nintendo - NES,SNES,N64,GB,GBA,DS,3DS
    Lego- Mini Figs
    Micro Machines.
    BB.
    GPK.Cheapies, and OS Cards.
    Minikins.
    Bouncy balls.
    Dice.
    Dino's.
    Trash pack.
    Homies.
    Slugs.
    MIMP.
    Savage Mondo Blitzers.
    Uglies.
    Customs.
    All other cool looking little rubber guys!!
    Hand Blown Glass.
    Pliers.
    Marbles.
    Rocks/Minerals
    Knives.
    Hats.
    Old mason jars.

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

Thanks for the heads up ! I'm off to tru with a sack of quarters!
Brown chicken , brown cow

#8 pylgrym

pylgrym

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Marriage, Family, Media, plastic/rubber figures and playsets (Marx, Thomas, REMCO, MPC, Ideal, etc)

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

http://www.aaglobal....h.nqCAzSDp.dpbs
'
Dat be website. Since this A&A firm does the actual making and marketing of the gumball machines and supplies the figures; and since they have a page for requesting a quote for injection-molded product; and since they DO make rubbery figures in other lines; they might give a quote - to the proper parties - for a run of OH NOs in said rubbery-stuff!

Edited by pylgrym, 05 October 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#9 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

These used to be at a big lots near me months ago. Haven't seen them around in awhile. Wish I picked some up.

Sets on ebay
http://pages.ebay.co...id=161114092870

Edited by Ericnilla, 05 October 2013 - 02:41 PM.

#10 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:21 AM

You can get 100 Oh No! Aliens for $17.50 shipped this weekend with coupon code BF2014 here http://www.raymondge...o-aliens-figure

The coupon is 30% off and free shipping. They have some other decent capsule toys like series 3 Bok Choy Boy. These "Time to Get Smushy" figures are usually $11.00 for 100. Never seen these. It says they are made of soft, squishy plastic.

0008372_69424_001_300.jpeg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: capsule toys, aliens

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com