102 replies to this topic

#76 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

Pink Deadbeets that Scott was selling at SDCC are up in his store now: http://www.stolleart.com/store/

#77 waaaaghlord

waaaaghlord

C.UT.I.E. Owners Club Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

Was just going to post that. Scott's not added an international option but he's being nice enough to absorb any extra costs on overseas orders. classy.

soundwave wrote "don't insult my bananna!!!!!!!!!"

#78 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:33 AM

Pink Deadbeets that Scott was selling at SDCC are up in his store now: http://www.stolleart.com/store/

Purchased! Thanks for the heads up!

#79 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

Damn... Didn't see this coming and missed it completely.
If anyone grabbed a spare you could spare, I can make a payment via PayPal?

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#80 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

So, I have a question for you guys griping about the Mexico comment. Had he said, "You're not China" or "You're not Taiwan" would you be yelling "racism" as well?

#81 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

So, I have a question for you guys griping about the Mexico comment. Had he said, "You're not China" or "You're not Taiwan" would you be yelling "racism" as well?

Edited by PimpNugget, 10 August 2013 - 09:48 AM.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#82 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10724 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

George used Mexico AS the weapon.

He meant to offend DIY'rs by using Mexico as the punch line.

He may not be a racist, but he sure talks like one.

THIS. 

Even if it was accidental racism, the absolute value was: He set out to piss off a group of people; He exceeded his own expectations. 

For as many "poorly made points" as he's made, you'd think he'd chill and realize that maybe public speaking isn't his thing.

#83 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10724 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:56 AM

I can't speak for everybody else... But, I would... Because, even accidental racism is still racism. 

#84 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

I can't speak for everybody else... But, I would... Because, even accidental racism is still racism.

I still don't see the correlation between mentioning a location that is notorious for bootlegs and it somehow being racist.

It's like someone making their own wine, and another person saying, "You're not France, give it up!" or "You're not Napa."

#85 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10724 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

I still don't see the correlation between mentioning a location that is notorious for bootlegs and it somehow being racist.

It's like someone making their own wine, and another person saying, "You're not France, give it up!" or "You're not Napa."

First off, your example implies that the locations mentioned do something positive... Which kind of makes the analogy apples and oranges. China has a huge manufacturing share in the toy industry and many chinese factories produce bootlegs, too.. He chose to not mention them. He was inferring that Mexico produces lesser quality goods, and that the "dirty thieving bootleggers' weren't even up to that standard.

People make bootleg clothing, dvd's, toys, books, etc, right here in the states. Why not mention that?

Do I think Gaspar is going to Klan rallies? No. But to ignore that he showed his hand with that accidental racism, doesn't invalidate that it happened.

#86 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

Accidental racism is still a form of racism, just harder to nail to the wall. There's also racism masqueraded as humour that seems pretty common these days, shows like Little Britain are full of this kind of 'humour' that only perpetuates jokingly putting down another person/race who is a bit different. While I still laugh at Little Britain's gags, deep down I still know they're meant to be funny by offending or belittling someone else (if it were me, I guess I wouldn't be laughing...?).

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#87 pocketmego

pocketmego

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:38 AM

It's the craftsmanship that sets a fine Mexican Bootleg apart from many others... AmIRight?

:D

$(KGrHqF,!ncFBZ)1W1VtBRwiUrEHPQ~~60_57.J

1146643_10200212887837133_1911149890_n.j

#88 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:40 AM

Did he sneak this in? Or why was there no advanced notice this time? Any how I need one too.

#89 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

Naked Screw Crotch Prince Adam in Gotham!

Posted Image

#90 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

It's the craftsmanship that sets a fine Mexican Bootleg apart from many others... AmIRight?

He's ready to give Gotham a better kind of criminal. A streaker armed with various pointy weapons and perfect blonde hair!

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#91 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10724 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

"Wait, bootleg made in Mexico? Say it isn't so. I was told that was racist to even think, be careful what you post! "

-George Gaspar

No, you're not. 

Also, espousing that kind of hyperbolic rhetoric is only going to exacerbate the argument, Mr. Gaspar. Being casual and passive aggressive about saying ignorant and hurtful things doesn't make it okay (Nor does it make it go away). Nice try though.

If I may borrow from Bulworth, until the human race has "humped until we're all the same color", it appears that people will fight tooth and nail to keep marginalizing each other like this.

#92 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

Naked Screw Crotch Prince Adam in Gotham!

Haha the screw in the crotch was the first thing I noticed. He-Man's BDSM suspicions now confirmed.  :rofl: 

#93 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:07 AM

If I may borrow from Bulworth, until the human race has "humped until we're all the same color", it appears that people will fight tooth and nail to keep marginalizing each other like this.

c0d.jpg

#94 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

Nice Bat-Man header card to go with a He-Man bootleg, I see the correlation their. Also they are wise beyond their years to include a walkie talkie with mid-evil weaponary. Bootlegs never cease to amaze me.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#95 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

The craftsmanship of many of the types of bootlegs that George called out in his segment, are far superior to that POS "Made in Mexico" He-Man.  He was essentially comparing the quality and integrity of head swap bootlegs like this, to Screw Crotch BDSM Prince Adam....

The medium is the message with a lot of these indy bootlegs, which I cannot say is the same for ol' Screw Crotch. :lol:

I often knock on the quality of (some) Chinese made toys compared to the quality of toys made in Japan.  Is that racist?  I sure hope not.   The original M.U.S.C.L.E. figures made in Japan by Bandai and distributed by Mattel are far superior to the reissues made in China.  The production standards cannot compare.

Many CCP Kinnikuman figures on the other hand are made in China, and the quality and craftsmanship on those are second to none.  The whole Mexico statement rubbed a lot of people the wrong way because it seemed to be blanketing an entire country and toy industry.  I have no idea what his true intentions were though other than to call out some of the little dudes for basically doing the same thing as his homeboy the Sucklord.

f157c6401da411e2b10e1231380fca44_7.jpg

:lol:

Edited by NamaNiku, 11 August 2013 - 02:50 PM.
Added Image

Posted Image

#96 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:24 PM

I just want to say one more thing:

1098521_10151618675771687_707041046_n.jp

That is all.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#97 TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:37 PM

Ironmask and Pimpnugget have made awesome points. I don't really have to reiterate their points. It just comes down to trying to use a stereotype to make a point. It was  a dumb comment with no racist tendencies and it just needs to be let go. Anyone who keeps bringing it up, especially in a sarcastic manner is just being a d-bag cause they just want to keep stoking the fire.

BTW that He-man is awesome! I love that he comes with a Crystar Lava warrior guy axe, looks like a TMNT sword, a walkie talkie and something else I can't make out. Talk about representing!

#98 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:37 AM

It looks like the Walkie-talkie antenna possibly clips right into the vertical notch of the screw. Micro utility belt anyone!?

:lol:
Posted Image

#99 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10724 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:51 AM

UTILITY  CYBER PENIS

#100 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:57 AM

UTILITY  CYBER PENIS

Coming soon from Ironhaus Productions...

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com