Repro Rubs?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#51 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 21 August 2005 - 01:23 PM

So what would be the cost of us doing it, compared to Repro doing it? I think it would cost more for us to do it, then them. But what do I know! Anyway I think I would be for it either way aslong as the price was reasonable.

How many people do we have so far that are interested?

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#52 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 01:56 PM

Me for One :blink:
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#53 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 03:50 PM

Orca just called me...

I am ALL for ordering from them, unless we get some design charge...

I mean seriously...when I got business cards made...I had the logo...so there was NO design charge!

I still want them either way...as long as they DO NOT exceed .50 a sticker...

I just thought (Orca did too, as he stated above...) that IF someone here can do it...lets keep the $ in a fellow board member's pocket!

I have NO problem paying them to have them made as long as they are reasonable.

I am in for 60 (20 each of the Radioactive, Biohazard, & Eclipse) at no more than .50 ea.)...

If you are all wonderin' bout the "Eclipse," I came up with a KILLER symbol for the SUnburst/Lunar sticker..."Eclipse!" Have a Sunburst logo with the center being ALL BLACK!!! It would be the one symbol that would trump the Sunburst!!!

TGB

#54 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 21 August 2005 - 04:02 PM

Just goofing around and adding this symbol.
Posted Image

WhiteLeo

Right on I am for the Eclipse too!!!!! :blink:

Edited by WhiteLeo, 21 August 2005 - 04:04 PM.

I will never quit.

#55 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 07:42 PM

I like the eclipse idea...in fact I was thinking about that earlier today....not quite the same overall, but an eclipse just the same.

I emailed the reprorub place to ask about just purchasing the heat material and this was the reply:

The material you are looking for actually costs more than gold, pound
for pound.

We can obtain a 12 inch square sheet for no less than $100 US.

Sorry it is so expensive, but it is not manufactured en masse anymore.

I may be able to follow up and find where they get it from, but it looks like it would be more cost effective to have this commisioned. Besides, it would be really easy to screw up on the cutting alone, something I am not willing to undertake myself.

--grimey

Cutting is no big deal...a fiskars sliding photo cutter with a sharp blade would cut just fine...

As far as the paper...I am not sure I believe it or not...someone needs to contact the company in the link above and see if they make that Hot Stuff paper...that was $10 a sheet (IF that is the same stuff). If they have a monopoly on the paper now (because it is no longer being sold) they are NOT gonna tell you, "Oh sure, it is $10 a sheet from this company." I don't mean to sound sarcastic...I am just speakin' the truth.

TGB

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 21 August 2005 - 08:30 PM.

#56 Another Fan

Another Fan

The Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 09:30 PM

If you need me to cut the rubs, I would be willing to do it. I'm a graphic designer and I have to cut up designs for mock-ups on a regular basis, so if you need the help, just let me know. I would want the rubs either way also. I don't mind who makes them just as long as it doesn't cost me a fortune. If you need me to try making the rubs myself, I wouldn't mind. I just need to find out how and what I need to make them.

Edited by Another Fan, 21 August 2005 - 10:43 PM.

#57 Another Fan

Another Fan

The Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 09:39 PM

Posted Image

Here is another skull

Do you play Magic? I used to be a big fan, but I no longer have the time to get together with my friends for a game. I don't know if I should use that image for the skull because they have the rights to it and we might get sued. I actually made a Magic card for my friend for his birthday and resealed it in a pack to surprise him. I already made the mana symbols. I'll show you a preview of how they would like as rub signs.

#58 Another Fan

Another Fan

The Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 09:53 PM

Here's the card I did for my friend.

Posted Image

#59 Another Fan

Another Fan

The Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 10:25 PM

MAGIC MANA SYMBOLS

Posted Image
WHITE

Posted Image
BLACK

Posted Image
RED

Posted Image
BLUE

Posted Image
GREEN

#60 Another Fan

Another Fan

The Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 10:27 PM

And here is the ECLIPSE symbol.

Posted Image

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 22 August 2005 - 04:42 AM.

#61 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 04:42 AM

Right on brutha!!!

Thats what I am talkin' bout!

ECLIPSE!!!

BOOYA!

Someone call the # to that paper company I posted...see if what they sell is that heat changing black paper...then if it is...or even similar...ask if the sealer link I posted too...if that is waterproof...(even if it isn't...I am sure it would work to seal the ink on the rub)!!!

TGB

#62 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 05:29 AM

Posted Image

Here is another skull

Do you play Magic? I used to be a big fan, but I no longer have the time to get together with my friends for a game. I don't know if I should use that image for the skull because they have the rights to it and we might get sued. I actually made a Magic card for my friend for his birthday and resealed it in a pack to surprise him. I already made the mana symbols. I'll show you a preview of how they would like as rub signs.

Yeah, I used too, Now I design Magic cards my self. What program are you using?

That card is sweet!! Here is one of mine.

Posted Image

This is Carnivorous Plant in Klingon Translated by ngabwI' of http://www.klingon.org/.

Steve's Fake Magic Cards

Translation

A plant which eats meat.
Animal- Wall
Defender (It cannot attack)
'This plant's mouth resembled a great creature's mouth perfectly, and apparently really wanted to bite us.
Because it apparently cannot move, I think I'm safe'
--Old one Vervamon

Edited by WhiteLeo, 22 August 2005 - 05:33 AM.

I will never quit.

#63 Orca

Orca

The Idea Man & Custom Vehicle Inventor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 07:42 AM

I love the Eclipse symbol~!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I vote for The Eclipse, the Radioactive, the Biohazzard and the First Skull design Another Fan did. Those would make great Anti-beast custom Rubs~!!!!!!!! :lol:

Those last three signs are all similier to each other, they are all totally different than the original signs, they add a whole different dimension to our BB world and they are unique, cool and fan made (well sorta). For the Eclipse we have a sign that kiss the shizznit out of the best Takara could come up with with their "Sunburst" sign, That Rocks~!!!!! :lol:

I'm getting ahead of the project here, but if we are successful here is a look into a future project............

You can actually take these symbols and color them and use them for Laserbeasts as well since LB's don't have rubs, and thus not restricted. If we can make orbs after this we would be rocking with a whole new set of faction symbols for our Laserbeasts, can you imagine an Eclipse LB?????????? :blink:

Edited by Orca, 22 August 2005 - 07:49 AM.

#64 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 09:03 AM

You can actually take these symbols and color them and use them for Laserbeasts as well since LB's don't have rubs, and thus not restricted. If we can make orbs after this we would be rocking with a whole new set of faction symbols for our Laserbeasts, can you imagine an Eclipse LB?????????? :blink:

How would you make Laser Beast orbs? That would be sweet!!!!!

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#65 Orca

Orca

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 09:46 AM

You can actually take these symbols and color them and use them for Laserbeasts as well since LB's don't have rubs, and thus not restricted. If we can make orbs after this we would be rocking with a whole new set of faction symbols for our Laserbeasts, can you imagine an Eclipse LB?????????? :lol:

How would you make Laser Beast orbs? That would be sweet!!!!!

WhiteLeo

Well making the back half of the orb would be relativley easy as would making the stickers once a person got set up for it. The tricky part is the shape of the sphere.

But like i said.........that is a FUTURE project, let's just concentrate in getting these Rub-symbols squared away first~!!!!!!

I was just thinking out-loud and found my self typing along! :blink: "oops"

#66 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 11:37 AM

My vote would be Eclipse, Biohazzard, Radioactive, and Acid (Skull and Crossbones)

That is my vote.
WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#67 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 01:04 PM

My vote would be Eclipse, Biohazzard, Radioactive, and Acid (Skull and Crossbones)

That is my vote.
WhiteLeo

Ditto! :blink:

#68 Another Fan

Another Fan

The Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 09:53 PM

Posted Image

Here is another skull

Yeah, I used too, Now I design Magic cards my self. What program are you using?

That card is sweet!! Here is one of mine.

Posted Image

This is Carnivorous Plant in Klingon Translated by ngabwI' of http://www.klingon.org/.

Steve's Fake Magic Cards

Translation

A plant which eats meat.
Animal- Wall
Defender (It cannot attack)
'This plant's mouth resembled a great creature's mouth perfectly, and apparently really wanted to bite us.
Because it apparently cannot move, I think I'm safe'
--Old one Vervamon

I checked out your website and I'm liking your cards. They all look really clean like the real ones! I see that you are a fan of Quinton Hoover, unless.....YOU'RE HIM!! :blink:

The software I used for the mana symbols is Adobe Illustrator. To clean up the original card I used as the base, I think it was a drake card, I used Adobe Photoshop. I wanted to make it look cleaner, but I ran out of time when my friend's birthday approached.

#69 Another Fan

Another Fan

The Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 10:10 PM

That is my vote.
WhiteLeo

Ditto! :blink:

If we are making the rub signs ourselves, we can do both the crossbones and the skull. We can also make ones with our names on them (to show ownership), insults (to piss of the other players if we pit our beasts against each other), or fortunes (like a magic 8-ball).

"Will I ever get laid?"

Posted Image

Edited by Another Fan, 22 August 2005 - 10:19 PM.

#70 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 06:19 AM

I checked out your website and I'm liking your cards. They all look really clean like the real ones! I see that you are a fan of Quinton Hoover, unless.....YOU'RE HIM!! :blink:

Hah! :lol: I wish I was him! No but I really admire his work. I am a big fan. When you did the card, did you print it out and put it over the top of a real card?

Anyway that is cool on the symbols. I think we can really do this thing.

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#71 Another Fan

Another Fan

The Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:19 PM

I think I glued the design onto an Island. I used Sprayment, so the glue would be even. I was going to suggest Battle Beasts Magic cards, but you beat me to it. :blink: Once again, great job on your work!!

#72 Orca

Orca

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:55 AM

Okay, we're getting off topic here~!!!!!!!!! Would one of the mod's be so kind as to move the Majic Card segments and their related responses into their own thread or add them to White Leo's Magic card thread that he has done in the Customs section. BTW White Leo the card looks sweet~!!!!! and i think the idea is wicked :lol:

That would be another sweet arse project, i love custom projects and fandom!
oh look at me now i'm off topic too :lol: :blink:

Okay back to the Anti-beast rub thread, do you guys want to wait to see if Anotherfan can get the materials and take a crack at this project and keep it "In House", or do you people want to make some final decisions regarding the 4 rub-signs and then we approach Reprolabels with the proposal for our project and see what they will be charging us???

I perfer to keep the project "In House" if its cost effective. I would like to see the Eclipse, Radioactive, Biohazzard and Death Skull (Another Fans first one). I would be ordering 80 rubs (i may not have that many beasts but i have 124 micromasters :lol: ).....i already ordered 48 mini-rubs from them with the Autobot and Decepticon symbols.

#73 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 08:25 AM

I would think we approach Repros first find out the costs, then choose which way to go. I don't know how exspensive the products are to do it are selfs. Not that I don't think Another Fan can do, he does awsome work. Just look at the Shield Stickers!!! :lol:

What do other people think? That is just my thoughts.

John, think we should do a poll on the symbols?

Later
Steve

P.S. Oh, Thanks on the cards! Yeah is was getting of subject! Sorry about that! :blink:

I will never quit.

#74 Orca

Orca

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:01 PM

Alright,

I approached Repros about a future custom project when i ordered my mini-rubs and other decal sets. The reply today was that they aren't taking on new projects until November, unless its a small project. So feel free to ask anyways, but, they aren't promising anything since they have so much going on.

I never gave them the details since its better to have something to present them with first so we can get an answer up front.

The last thing you want to do with a potential buisness partner is opperate under a false pretense. Especially if you will deal with them again. I like their work so i will deal with them again so i won't burn that bridge.

That's why i feel it's important to have all the information up front so they can make an informed decision as to weather or not they can do the project and keep it cost effective for us.

So if we can make some decisions regarding the style of the 4 rubs. I'll e-line the pics and the proposal. Anotherfan, if they (Reprolabels) okay us setting up the decals into the format that they use, or can use, and not charge us the redesign fee and just charge us their going rate will you set them up???? If that happens I for one will buy you a set of decals to help pay for your much appreiciated time. :lol:

I would explain to them that this is a fan driven project and that there would be a high intrest in purchasing the product if it became available. I don't like to speak for other people regarding what they are willing to spend as things (situations) and intrests can change from week to week. You can do that if they become available when you order with your order. :lol:

As it stands we have until November to make a decision as to weather or not we want Reprolabels to take on the project or if we want to keep it "In House" but we can ask them at anytime, it just might not happen until November :lol:

#75 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:23 PM

Great John!!! Like I said before My vote is Eclipse, Biohazzard, Acid (Skull Crossbones, and Radiation.

Thanks for the info on Repros. Has anyone called any of the Number Marty dug up?

Later
Steve

I will never quit.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com