#26 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:15 AM

Mapman hasn't touched down in Canada yet, folks! I'll report in when he has landed and then drop the photos after he's had a good visit.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#27 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

Mapman hasn't touched down in Canada yet, folks! I'll report in when he has landed and then drop the photos after he's had a good visit.

Hopefully it gets there soon, enough time has passed where I thought it would arrive so bit disquieting to know he hasnt arrived yet...
Please do let me know when he gets there buddy.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#28 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:09 AM

I wouldn't worry too much. It takes roughly a week for international parcels to get to my doorstep. It's now Christmas time with a huge increase in packages going out and coming in so it might take a little longer than that.

Again, I'll let you guys know when he gets here.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#29 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

Mapman arrived today. He's taking a rest and catching up on all that Jetlag.

Updates soon!

<p> </p>
<p>

#30 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

Great! Looking forward to your update man.

#31 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

Me too bud :thumbsup:

#32 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:17 PM

At long last, Mapman makes his Canadian debut!

Sorry for the HUGE gap guys. It took awhile for Mapman to get here, and my house has been crazy lately.

Without further ado, MAPMAN IN CANADA.

Attached File  1.jpg   387.98K   44 downloads

Mapman is greeted by a range of different peoples upon his arrival in Canada. He heard this place was a "cultural melting pot," but this is crazy!

Attached File  2.jpg   595.7K   43 downloads

Mapman has found a means of transportation via a cybernetic being of the four-legged variety. It includes complimentary laser canons. NEAT-O!

Attached File  3.jpg   379.04K   35 downloads

Oh no, Mapman! That's a T-rex in the Canadian wild! It is fuming mad, just check out them blinking red peepers! FLEE!

Attached File  4.jpg   463.42K   28 downloads

Thankfully, with the help of some awfully strange, but stalwart heroes, Mapman and his mount are able to fell the ferocious beast!

Attached File  5.jpg   256.07K   26 downloads

Time for a change of scenery. Mapman ventures out into the brisk Canadian winter. Tonight is a mild night, but Mapman understands why people say this is the "Great White North!"

Attached File  6.jpg   483.53K   23 downloads

Mapman's mount has faltered in the harsh Canadian environment. Mapman needs to seek out shelter to rest before trying to find his way back once more. "I thought it smelled bad on the outside!" Mapman mutters to himself.

Attached File  7.jpg   557.34K   24 downloads

There is a strangely decorated and illuminated tree. Mapman scrambles to the top in the hopes of finding civilization.

Attached File  8.jpg   229.62K   31 downloads

Awwww yeaaaah! Mapman has located a city dangling from the side of a mountain wall. He enjoys an ice cream with some fine blonde ladies.

Attached File  9.jpg   231.61K   28 downloads

It's time to go! The sights have been seen. There was fun, excitement, and even tragedy. (Don't forget about the ice cream!). Mapman has decided it's time for him to take his leave. A random Sharkticon can't stand to see him go, and embraces him on sight. Mapman isn't sure where he is headed to, but he knows he needs to get out of this place of all these friendly weirdos!

WHERE IS MAPMAN HEADED NEXT?! Stay tuned to find out!

Edited by Draznar, 20 December 2013 - 09:21 PM.

<p> </p>
<p>

#33 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:19 AM

Nice pics dude! Sorry for the slow shipping too..

#34 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:29 AM

Nice pics dude! Sorry for the slow shipping too..

Wasn't your fault! Canada post is slow on a good day. Now make that day Christmas time and imagine how bad it is.

My wife has been waiting for two packages since the beginning of the month that have said "shipped" for over two weeks. Unfortuantely, those two packages are my Christmas presents.

But I digress. He's been here, he's seen the sights, and now he is going to be making his way to the United States of America!

Edited by Draznar, 21 December 2013 - 03:31 AM.

<p> </p>
<p>

#35 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:43 AM

I finally found this picture on my computer!

Attached File  20131212_071544.jpg   574.3K   13 downloads

Gave Mapman some Canadian "Monopoly money" so that he could make his way down to the U.S.! (Hope he's made it safely by now!)

<p> </p>
<p>

#36 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:56 AM

I'm happy to report Mapman made it safely to the U.S.--first stop cold and snowy Chicago.

He arrived during a couple days of record breaking cold here ( -16F° ) so he's still a bit traumatized from sitting in the mailbox for a few hours, but I'll start showing him the sights soon for photos to share.

Also, let me know if you want to be the one to show him his next U.S. city after he's done here.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#37 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:28 AM

I'm happy to report Mapman made it safely to the U.S.--first stop cold and snowy Chicago.

Sweet! I was beginning to worry about Mapman!

#38 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:13 AM

Can anybody confirm if the form I included with Mapman is still with him and is being filled in?

#39 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:33 AM

Can anybody confirm if the form I included with Mapman is still with him and is being filled in?

I don't recall finding anything like that in the package when I got it a few days ago, but I will double check later when I am home.

In other news, taking some pics today so hopefully will be able to document Mapman's Chicago adventure sometime over the weekend!

#40 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

Oh my GAWWWWD.

That's because I forgot to put it in the package. I knew I was forgetting something!

if I can find it, I'll just mail it down to you via letter mail.

I suck.

(On the plus side, I did remember to re-pack him in his bubble wrap with his kilt!)

Double edit: Found the piece of paper. If you can believe it, it was exactly where Mapman was during his visit. How I missed it is beyond me! (Cut me some slack, fellas! New baby in the house. That's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it). I've got some mail that needs to go out ASAP, actually. So I'll mail this out to Frank tomorrow.

Thanks for the reminder, Burty!

Edited by Draznar, 10 January 2014 - 08:53 PM.

<p> </p>
<p>

#41 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

Yesterday I took Mapman to work with me to see some sights in downtown Chicago, and fellow Chicagoan/LRG member Bigazzhead was able to join! Check out Mapman's Windy City adventure below--and whoever wants to show him his next U.S. location, let me know and I will send him out to his next destination after I receive the paper from Draznar to include.

MAPMAN WORLD TOUR 2013-2014: CHICAGO!

Mapman arrived when Chicago was in the grips of a polar vortex, with lots of snow and temperatures well below zero. We both nearly got frostbite taking this pic to mark his arrival:

Attached File  01.jpg   292.39K   31 downloads

Mapman was glad to get inside, but quickly encountered an imposter at my house. Good thing he wears the mark of LRG:

Attached File  02b.jpg   430.87K   33 downloads

After hangin' at the house for a few days, I took him downtown to work. He met a few new buddies on my desk at the office.

Attached File  03.jpg   440.87K   41 downloads

Before showing him some sights, Bigazzhead/Cesar and I introduced Mapman to the joys of a Chicago-style Italian beef sandwich for lunch:

Attached File  04.jpg   395.6K   44 downloads

Me and Mapman:

Attached File  05b.jpg   157.19K   47 downloads

Cesar and Mapman:

Attached File  06b.jpg   164.08K   44 downloads

After lunch, we first made a stop at City Target (to check out the toy section, of course):

Attached File  07.jpg   404.7K   38 downloads

Then, we took Mapman past the Chicago Theatre, a local landmark:

Attached File  08.jpg   519.52K   27 downloads   Attached File  09.jpg   562.75K   20 downloads

Next, Mapman wanted to pose by random things like an el stop, a traveling bicycle puppet show, a Chicago Tribune newspaper dispenser and the historic Marshall Field's building. Such a tourist.

Attached File  10.jpg   255.04K   22 downloads   Attached File  16.jpg   389.31K   22 downloads   Attached File  11.jpg   317.63K   21 downloads   Attached File  12.jpg   422.73K   28 downloads

We continued on to show Mapman a couple more spots before calling it a day, like the starting point of Route 66 and the Art Institute:

Attached File  13.jpg   556.75K   29 downloads   Attached File  14.jpg   481.89K   25 downloads

I'm pretty sure Mapman had a good time in the Windy City and is looking forward to seeing more of the U.S. (and beyond). Can you spot him giving a thumbs standing by this wintry version of the Chicago flag?

Attached File  15.jpg   331.6K   19 downloads

He's anxious to find out where he'll be headed next!

Edited by fkro6784, 11 January 2014 - 06:00 PM.

#42 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:33 AM

Great to see Mapman is enjoying a snowy Chicago! Also great to see two LRG members together in the same place!

#43 ALLSPORTDVD

ALLSPORTDVD

Ameragu Chojin No Bosu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Anything Kinnikuman!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:11 AM

What a great set of photo's! makes me want to visit Chicago - last time I was in the USA I just drove through it without stopping :(

Check out my collection pics - https://www.flickr.c...107790593@N02/?

#44 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:32 AM

Great to see Mapman is enjoying a snowy Chicago! Also great to see two LRG members together in the same place!

Yeah it was a good time. We didn't get too many people giving us strange looks as we took the pics.

#45 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:TMNT, m.u.s.c.l.e., GPK's, Classic NES, Transformers...pretty much anything pop-culture related from the 80's & 90's

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:33 AM

this thread is awesome!  if mapman ever feels like making his way to Boston, let me know.  i'd be happy to show him around the city...maybe even take him to Plymouth rock  :)

Want to commission me to customize your m.u.s.c.l.e. or any other figure??? then click the link below for further info and message (PM) me if interested :)

http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69686&pid=351254&st=0&#entry351254

#46 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:17 AM

Nice pics Frank, Mapman looks like hes having a grand old time!

#47 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

Mapman has been reunited with his accompanying sheet of paper and his next destination has been determined, so I'll be sending him on his way a bit later this week!

#48 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:07 PM

Mapman has been reunited with his accompanying sheet of paper and his next destination has been determined, so I'll be sending him on his way a bit later this week!

I was wondering when it was going to get there! We mailed it what seemed like forever ago!

<p> </p>
<p>

#49 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

I was wondering when it was going to get there! We mailed it what seemed like forever ago!

Yeah, it continues to amaze me how long it takes mail to travel between Canada and the U.S.

But assuming Mapman will be exploring the U.S. for the next few stops, hopefully his travels will be picking up speed.

#50 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:TMNT, m.u.s.c.l.e., GPK's, Classic NES, Transformers...pretty much anything pop-culture related from the 80's & 90's

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:01 AM

Mapman has arrived in Boston!  i'll be giving him a tour of the local area within the next week or two, so stay tuned!

if anyone is interested in having Mapman pay them a visit, let me know :D

Edited by PlasticPlayhouse, 29 January 2014 - 06:04 AM.

Want to commission me to customize your m.u.s.c.l.e. or any other figure??? then click the link below for further info and message (PM) me if interested :)

http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69686&pid=351254&st=0&#entry351254

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mapman, #102, world tour, 2013

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com