119 replies to this topic

#101 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:24 AM

Yeah, this weekend I bought the comic series Iron Monger (blue) and Artic Armor IM at Target. Monger is way cool and I like his 2 closed fists. Arctic Armor was a pass initially. I came back to it and found one with near perfect paint apps so I nabbed it. The other Arctic had subpar paints and looked awful. I liked the frosted effect added to the repulsor blast. They also had Silver Centurion and Special Technology. But I figure it is only a matter of time and this wave will hit with a bounty so I passed on those 2 for now. Special Tech (I might be wrong on that model name) was nice and the eye dots gave a distinction that I liked. I also wanted a Shockwave Armor deluxe set and found one at Wal-Mart. I really dig the crimson and charcoal color scheme with that design!

#102 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:45 AM

This weekend I found the Whiplash, Mark V IM, and Sea Assault Drone at Target for $19.99. I caved simply for the Drone. Very awesome android fig. The Whiplash fig sucks. The Mark V does not appear to be different in any way from the single carded version. I was selective in choosing a pack because alot of the Drone's had antennae that were bent due to negligent packaging. So be aware of that when you come across them. So this Drone obviously represents the Navy. The TRU 4 pack w/ Nick Fury includes 2 Army Drones. It will be interesting to see how the Air Force and Marines versions will be presented.

#103 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:12 AM

The Mark V does not appear to be different in any way from the single carded version.

Incorrect. On its own, it may not seem all that different, but it's like night and day next to the old Mark V.

As for the other drones?
http://www.hasbrotoy...o...20&ID=27412
http://www.hasbrotoy...o...20&ID=27411

#104 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:06 AM

Hey great tip there regarding the drones, Boa!!! I admit I didn't inspect the Mark V real closely. I was traveling and hit the road immediately after buying it. Haven't even gotten it out of packaging yet. Just studied it from the outside. I was judging the book by its cover! It is awesome that the other 2 drones will be available on single cards. That will keep costs down. While I do like the look of Weapon Assault Drone, I do hope a version with camouflage will be released. That had a distinct Marines look in the movie.

#105 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:05 PM

It's no biggie, but since you paid good money for that set, I did want to clarify that the Mark V was at least somewhat special. ;) Maybe this variant will end up carded in future assortments like the fixed/movie-accurate Mark VIs did after the Target HoA release.

As far as I recall, the only other Hammeroid getting a release by Hasbro is some variant of the Weapon Assault... but if you were to look at that version more closely, you'd see it's actually Whiplash. I can't remember what silly name they gave it, and I can't find the slides from SDCC that included it, but it wasn't just "Whiplash". You can see him here:

Posted Image

Edited by Boaconda, 08 September 2010 - 03:19 PM.

#106 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:46 AM

Yep, you're right. That is Whiplash in full armor. I noticed the Weapon Assault Drone (WAD) had whips in the HasbroToyShop link you posted before. I found that to be curious and incongruent with the movie. But the WAD did indeed have a drone head (not Whiplash in any way) in the pic adding further perplexity. BTW, I like the battle damaged IM in the background from the movie's climax in the biodome.

Hey, Boa.......heh, heh.......you said "Hammeroid".

Edited by phantomeye, 09 September 2010 - 07:48 AM.

#107 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:28 AM

I just picked up the 2 single carded drones last night! I found them at Kohl's of all places!!! They had the Air Assault and Weapons Assault drones. Only one of each. Both had quality paints and both look amazing looking from the outside in. Weapons Assault has integrated saw blades that project at the dorsal hands, flip-up forearm shield panels, and 2 whip weapons that also appear to have small saw blades. Weapons Assault also has a separate head with no paint details. I don't know if that's supposed to be shut-down mode or a combat helmet that fits over the head. Air Assault appears to have no accessories unfortunately. But its design seems to incorporate wing tips and angling like you'd see in a stealth jet. I have to wait til Xmas before closely examining them according to the wifey. ;) I already have the Sea Assault drone from the Target Xclusive 3 pack. So I'm stoked having 3 movie drones in my collection. The Army drone is not even on my list. Apparently one has to fork over about $30 to purchase the Nick Fury/IM TRU multipack that includes two Army drones. That's way too much and Fury and IM are substandard in that set. Plus, the Air, Weapons, and Sea are the best ones in my opinion.
They also had a Fusion Armor IM. It pained me to pass on that because it looked freaking awesome but again wife was along and she tends to teeter on a coniption if I buy more than 2 figs at a time. Plus Kohl's doesn't exactly have the most affordable toys in town. Regularly, these were $10.99. They were on sale for around $9.50!
On another note, I was looking on the backside of the card for one and noticed an IM Ultimate Armor. It looks way cool and I can't wait to add that to my Hall of Armor! :lol:

Edited by phantomeye, 07 October 2010 - 07:36 AM.

#108 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:13 PM

Found comic series Iron Monger and Silver Centurion at a couple Wally worlds today! I couldn't believe how many mongers there were at each store.
Best thing is they were only 5 bucks a pop! So I picked up two mongers a SC and at the price went ahead and snagged an Advanced and Artic armor as well. Actually like them too.
I also saw a Whiplash and what appeared to be an Ultimate armor. The cards on these two looked water damaged though. Whiplash also looked goofy and the Ultimate IM looked sloppy. He even looked to be in the wrong package.

But at 5 bucks each now is the time to pull out some of those IM coupons and snag any figs you were holding off on.

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 08 October 2010 - 08:15 PM.

Posted Image

#109 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:03 AM

Absolutely, URS. Right now is the time to use those $5 off coupons. Pick up 4 for $5 at Wal-Wart OR Target and it'll only cost you $15 total!
I picked up a Fusion Armor IM at Wal-Wart last night. I think that is my new favorite IM fig. It is just effing awesome and worthy of one of those light up bases. I haven't seen the Ultimate Armor in the real yet. But, it looked cool on the back of the card of one of the drones.

#110 AraknidX

AraknidX

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:24 AM

Saw these for the first time in our local Disney store and thought they looked pretty cool.

I ignored my bank balance and decided to pick up a couple. Currently got the Fusion armour from the concept series as well as a Mark IV and Mark VI from the movie series (items 9, 10 and 15).

The fusion armour looks really cool :good:

*Edit* Due to a mistake with my original order (their fault) it looks like I'm getting item 8 for free (another Mark VI variant) ;)

Edited by AraknidX, 11 November 2010 - 06:17 AM.

#111 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:27 AM

Found the new Ultimate Armor, War Machine, and Mandarin today but at $8.10 I passed on everybody but Mandarin. I figure the other two were probably going straight into the box of figures that just sit around anyway (although I may someday have enough for an Ultimate universe display).

I haven't played with Mandarin yet but he looks really cool in package.

#112 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:47 AM

Where did you see them? K-Mart? Sounds like K-Mart prices. :yahoo:

I'm really stoked for this wave. Get a cool Mandarin, a Blacklash, Cyborg WM, and U-IM. :D I'm not an ultimate fan, but I do dig some of the character designs.

Posted Image

#113 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:53 PM

A place called Fred Meyer, they're owned by Krogers but I get the sense they do their own thing up here in the northwest. Whenever I hear reports of Krogers getting new things I never seem to be able to find them.

I'm just waiting for a better price on the others, I don't think I mentioned they had a 10% off coupon, normally they are $9.

#114 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:06 PM

Anyone else come across Wave 4 yet? I'm still trying to track down Mandarin.

#115 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:02 PM

I picked up some of these the other day. Home Bargains had number 22-26 (Comic Series) for 99p each, plus three of the deluxe Concept Series figures (Negative Zone, Shockwave Mission, Juggernaut Upgrade) for £1.49 each. Those are some sick prices, so I couldn't pass those deals up. Unfortunately they only had those 8.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#116 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:34 AM

Anyone else come across Wave 4 yet? I'm still trying to track down Mandarin.

Nope, havn't seen anything yet. Havn't noticed any new reports other than Jay's either. I have a feeling that this wave is getting held back a while. They are supposed to be continuing the line in Blue Avenger style Iron Man packaging. At least for the 6" figs anyway. I'd assume they will do the same for the 3 3/4" series.

Posted Image

#117 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:12 AM

Are any of the new Iron Man concept series toys comic accurate? If not it may just be Shield Breaker Armor for me.

Not 100% behind the more kid friendly approach to the new "Avengers assemble packaging", especially if they dupe us out of some Thor comic series toys.

#118 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:20 AM

Well, I havn't even seen the Mandarin wave, and I doubt I will. Seems Hasbro always drops the ball on any final wave of figures they produce for a series. I got gypped out of the last SW Legacy Collection set I wanted, got gypped on the Last wave of StarWars Comic Packs, Got gypped on some of the final GIJoe:ROC stuff, and yet again, unless as I hope, they re-release the Mandarin wave I gets gypped again.

But as for the latest wave, it will be in the Avengers packaging, and I think it sucks that all we get is repaints. I'm not getting any of them, unless I deem them worthy.

Posted Image

#119 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:36 AM

I popped in to Shop-Ko today to see if anything was shaking in the toy aisle and they had two rows of IM figs. one marked the regular $9.99 the other discounted to a much better $4.99 so I grab a Guardsman and a movie first appearance. Up front they tell me Guardsman $4.99 FA $9.99, that didn't even make sense to me. I did pick up the Guardsman though. I'll just keep waiting on FA.

#120 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:46 AM

They're fantastic figures, but I doubt I'll see anything new now that light-up Iron Man is literally clogging the pegs.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com