216 replies to this topic

#76 NatKinniku

NatKinniku

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 01:47 PM

I think the voice actors are the same. I have never seen who the voice actor for Marie is. But their is a definate similarity. :notme:
Posted Image

#77 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:44 AM

I tell you, I was so psyched up to see the Craw daddy episode (actually being my first time) and I was excited to see the next Gen saga... Saturday came and my heart sank seeing Kid Muscle at the Muscle council.... Not only did I already tape these, but I watched it several times, plus the second time they ran the episodes. And after reading the Manga, I just couldn't enjoy it. Half the interresting stuff is gone, the Taffy apple bit makes no sense... and well, I can't blaime 4Kids for not making the Zenegata (No, not the one from Lupin III) refference. I mean, they didn't have time to explain Shogi in the Checkmate saga.

So, it's a bitter sweet hollow victory it's on TV again. Reruns of reruns I've already seen. Not to mention they reair the Intestinal Cramp Twins, and didn't bother bringing back 4Kids reruns of One Piece (I don';t have cable). I think I'll stick with the manga for now.

sigh.... :notme:
Posted Image

#78 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Interests:I like: Gazelleman, Buffaloman, Transformers, harlequins, Marvel comics, Joker, Watchmen, guro, music, drawing, hacky-sack, Nidoking, mechs in general, warm blankets, Coca Cola, AVP, Godzilla movies, Gamera movies, rendering artwork, cosplaying<br /><br />I hate: yaoi, Naruto, Kingdom Hearts, rap/hip-hop, Future Trunks, baked beans, Mudkips, Hanna Montana, Twilight, lots of other things..<br /><br />Got a problem? Too bad. Run along now.

Posted 21 June 2006 - 08:27 AM

I'm just pissed at the fact that I can't watch it AT ALL. I feel so effing deprived. :cry:
Posted Image

AND THE MAN IN THE BACK SAID EVERYONE ATTACK AND IT TURNED INTO A BALLROOM BLITZ!

#79 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 05:37 PM

The voice actor has always been Sean for Bone Cold, but he changes the way he talks. XD The Game-cube voice and early anime episodes are the same, but he uses his 'new' voice in the later episodes and the PS2 game.

I'll record a clip of Bone's 'old' voice soon, but here's a clip of the 'newer' voice. (With Skullduggery)

http://www.geocities...SkullVsBone.mp3

#80 Dorkolossus

Dorkolossus

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:31 AM

I remember listening to that over and over on my game. My PS2 won't play it anymore though so i'm saving up for a new one. What is it that he says after "Until I was a ..." I can't quite make it out.
Bone Cold makes my heart go pitter-patter *swoon*

Edited by Dorkolossus, 22 June 2006 - 08:34 AM.

I lose at everything but I win at life!
MP3 rotation of me at myspace.com/dorkolossus

#81 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:25 PM

"What gives?! When I was young and impressionable, you bullied me until I was a trembling, stuttering puddle of freak-infested complexes. And now you join the Muscle League to join the fight against me?! This is the last straw, pops!"

The italics part.. I'm not too sure of. o_O He says it too slurred/fast to understand. I tried slowing it down but it's still too slurred. That's the best translation I could guess. XD;

Anyway, here's Bone Cold from the Gamecube game. Same voice actor, just a different tone. I love when he says "swine!" XD

And a special treat, a clip of Bone Cold's Japanese voice. (Nobuyuki Hiyama. He also does Link from Legend of Zelda! He's an amazing actor. @.@)

Edited by KnuxieChan, 22 June 2006 - 12:26 PM.

#82 Top Ramenman

Top Ramenman

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Location:Somewhere over the rainbow. somewhere over the rainbow. somewhere over the rainbow.
  • Interests:I live Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:18 PM

I couldn't see Craw Daddy becuase a stupid baseball game was playing instead. eventhough ealier that morning it said it would be on. :cry:
Posted Image
"I like Ramen. Ramen is Good."
-Ramenman <@:)

#83 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

Whaddaya call a pigeon with four feet? A STOOLPIGEON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Ball, Rurouni Kenshin, Kinnikuman, Metal Gear, Devil May Cry

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:29 PM

"What gives?! When I was young and impressionable, you bullied me until I was a trembling, stuttering puddle of freak-infested complexes. And now you join the Muscle League to join the fight against me?! This is the last straw, pops!"

The italics part.. I'm not too sure of. o_O He says it too slurred/fast to understand. I tried slowing it down but it's still too slurred. That's the best translation I could guess. XD;

Anyway, here's Bone Cold from the Gamecube game. Same voice actor, just a different tone. I love when he says "swine!" XD

And a special treat, a clip of Bone Cold's Japanese voice. (Nobuyuki Hiyama. He also does Link from Legend of Zelda! He's an amazing actor. @.@)

His English voice sounds like a mix between Goku and Tao Pai Pai.
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#84 Dorkolossus

Dorkolossus

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 05:47 AM

That was awesome. Thanks for posting those Knuxiechan! I've actually put them on my mp3 player.^_^
I lose at everything but I win at life!
MP3 rotation of me at myspace.com/dorkolossus

#85 Top Ramenman

Top Ramenman

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Location:Somewhere over the rainbow. somewhere over the rainbow. somewhere over the rainbow.

Posted 24 June 2006 - 01:57 PM

i wonder why they started the episodes from episode 33. the second i hear it would be back on, I got all excited about seeing Dead Signal (my favorite character)
Posted Image

#86 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 02:12 PM

Probably to fit in the Chojin Crown or something.

Yeah, I wanted to see the Gen X saga too.

#87 Top Ramenman

Top Ramenman

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 06:08 PM

Yeah. Personally, Generation Ex is my favorite saga of Muscle. Im pretty damn sure it's the only one that shows dead signal. if im wrong, tell me so.
Posted Image

#88 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 06:00 PM

Wally's mom and Dorothy scare me sometimes. Especially in the manga.

I loved the when Meat yelled "ADULT DIAPERS!" at Kid and Fork. XD And then when Kid farted in Meat's face.

Ah.. bathroom humor..

Oh, and I noticed.. when Ned showed up, he called Ataru "SGT. Kinnikuman" instead of "Muscle" like the previous episode called him.

Edited by KnuxieChan, 25 June 2006 - 06:21 PM.

#89 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Interests:I like: Gazelleman, Buffaloman, Transformers, harlequins, Marvel comics, Joker, Watchmen, guro, music, drawing, hacky-sack, Nidoking, mechs in general, warm blankets, Coca Cola, AVP, Godzilla movies, Gamera movies, rendering artwork, cosplaying<br /><br />I hate: yaoi, Naruto, Kingdom Hearts, rap/hip-hop, Future Trunks, baked beans, Mudkips, Hanna Montana, Twilight, lots of other things..<br /><br />Got a problem? Too bad. Run along now.

Posted 25 June 2006 - 09:24 PM

I like Generation Ex saga because to me, all of the most interesting and awesome character fight. Hydrazoa's made of mostly water, Jeager is German, Mars snuck into the Muscle League, can improve techniques, and is from the dMp, and Road Rage is made of scrap metal and still kick arse. Plus, it's a competition between the teams from the same school. What's not to like? .......besides the fact that vance McMadd's ugly stupid-head face is on the screen and everytime it is, he's a frickin' jerk. ^_^
Posted Image

AND THE MAN IN THE BACK SAID EVERYONE ATTACK AND IT TURNED INTO A BALLROOM BLITZ!

#90 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:58 AM

Jeager is German

That's interesting? XD; Nothing else? lol.

</offtopic-spam>

#91 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

Whaddaya call a pigeon with four feet? A STOOLPIGEON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Ball, Rurouni Kenshin, Kinnikuman, Metal Gear, Devil May Cry

Posted 26 June 2006 - 06:52 AM

His name means "hunter" in German.
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#92 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 08:09 AM

Yeah and if you go to my MySpace Profile, you'll see that my display name right now is Gauner, which means "rogue" in German. (thanks to Bablefish's translating site XD)

*looks to Knuxie* That's the coolest thing I find of him! He's GERMAN... what's not to like?... besides the fact he's a little too nice to most people. *hands Jeager a machette and whispers* You know you want to.... XD j/k
Posted Image

#93 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 01:20 PM

Well, the correct spelling of the name for it to mean 'hunter' is Jaeger/Jäger. But the anime/games spell it Jeager. Which I think looks better.

But I believe they named him that because of the drink, "Jäger Miester." Because the writers seem to have a silly sense of humor like that. XD Or atleast that's what I first thought of when I heard his name.

I have Kid's Fish song stuck in my head now. And.. Heheh, I can't wait to tape the Bone Cold match for these two lines:

"Yer eyes are the bluest of the blue!"
"Sayeth WHAT?!"

#94 Top Ramenman

Top Ramenman

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 06:18 PM

I like Generation Ex saga because to me, all of the most interesting and awesome character fight.  Hydrazoa's made of mostly water, Jeager is German, Mars snuck into the Muscle League, can improve techniques, and is from the dMp, and Road Rage is made of scrap metal and still kick arse.  Plus, it's a competition between the teams from the same school.  What's not to like? .......besides the fact that vance McMadd's ugly stupid-head face is on the screen and everytime it is, he's a frickin' jerk.  ^_^

Im german!! am i really interesting?!?! B)

And Tusket's mom and Dorothy are some of my fav. characters because of their song to Kid Muscle in last Saturday's episode.

Edited by Top Ramenman, 26 June 2006 - 06:20 PM.

Posted Image

#95 Matto

Matto

D:<

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:43 AM

OMG Kid's fish song was so FUNNY!! I swear, even though the manga is better, the anime humor is so random and funny. Gotta love random flying Cow and Rice bowls.
Mantaro gasped as Kid pulled him closer, reaching for his mask.

#96 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 04:49 AM

OMG Kid's fish song was so FUNNY!! I swear, even though the manga is better, the anime humor is so random and funny. Gotta love random flying Cow and Rice bowls.

I think the same thing. Overall, the manga is much better than the anime. However, I absolutely love the total random wackiness of the anime.

#97 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:44 PM

The storyline in the manga, yes, it better, but I feel the emotions and actions are better expressed in the anime.

I find a tie between the two of them. It's best to hear and enjoy the uniqueness of both storylines and puns. X3
Posted Image

#98 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 05:31 PM

The manga is more involved.. but I like hearing and watching better than just looking at pics.

#99 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:08 AM

I totally agree. Though I do think the anime grazed over quite a bit of stuff in the Manga truely too adult to watch, it does have a Freakazoid-esque manner of being far out bizzarre in its own right. Though I think the Mars fight could've been pared down to be at most 3 episodes. Some of it seems a bit dragged out.

BTW, anyone see those previews for the fall line up? And 4Kids wonders why they're losing money.
Posted Image

#100 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 11:38 AM

Does the fall lineup include Ultimate Muscle? *crosses fingers*
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com