• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#201 Chibibee

Chibibee

Diva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, anime/manga (especially Kinnikuman Nisei/Ultimate Muscle)...that's it, I think. XD

Posted 22 August 2006 - 05:03 PM

TMNT's ratings are bound to jump with that Fast Forward season. Other then that, I don't expect alot to go well for 4kids in general. Sure, they re-ran UM, but once again it's going to disappear and will be replaced by a CGI show about talking pinatas. =/

I expect alot of 4kids hate, on the same level of the Winx Club.

On the good side...I got a lap top!

I don't really like this 'Fast Forward' thing. I liked the TMNT we've had up 'til now. *pouts*

And if UM is taken off 4Kids (which I am expecting), I can say I'll probably watch NOTHING on that cartoon block anymore. I might give that Chaotic show or Yu-Gi-Oh a shot. But Winx, Viva Pinata, BRATZ? Pass. :blink:

And hazzah for laptops! *hugs her Mac laptop (even if she would rather a Windows, but oh well)*

#202 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 09:20 PM

So what do you plan on using your far-superior-for-video-editing Mac Laptop for?

Any possibility you'll be able to repiece the new soundtrack for the Gen 1 movie we're dubbing and put it onto a DVD?
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#203 Chibibee

Chibibee

Diva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, anime/manga (especially Kinnikuman Nisei/Ultimate Muscle)...that's it, I think. XD

Posted 23 August 2006 - 04:36 AM

So what do you plan on using your far-superior-for-video-editing Mac Laptop for?

Any possibility you'll be able to repiece the new soundtrack for the Gen 1 movie we're dubbing and put it onto a DVD?

I'll have to say no to the DVD part. I stupidly didn't get a DVD burner put on this thing when I bought it (ran outta money for the 'perks') :blink:

As for the re-pieceing the new soundtrack, I could give it a shot! Just to clarify, do you mean getting newer music made currently, or getting the old soundtrack and fixing it up? *is more graphic artist than editing genius xD;;*

#204 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 08:14 AM

What I'm hoping to do is find someone who is good with "old school" synth sounds who'll recreate the music that's being played. It doesn't sound too complicated to reproduce tone-wise, and isn't exactly the most complicated music. That'd stay as close to the actual movie sountrak as possible, and that's what I'd like to shoot for.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

#205 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 11:15 AM

I could rip the Nisei background music for you guys to use o.o

#206 Chibibee

Chibibee

Diva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:24 PM

We should drag this convo over to the 'I have a crazy idea thread', since it has to do more with the movie dub than UM on 4Kids. ^^;

Well, I wouldn't say I'm GOOD, but I might be able to re-create the sounds...*prods around on GarageBand* If you send me a piece of the music, I could try and replicate it with my stuff.

Any singing/vocal portions are a 'forget about it'. If anything's worse than my 'male' voice acting, it's my singing. :blink:

#207 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 07:45 PM

What I'm hoping to do is find someone who is good with "old school" synth sounds who'll recreate the music that's being played.  It doesn't sound too complicated to reproduce tone-wise, and isn't exactly the most complicated music.  That'd stay as close to the actual movie sountrak as possible, and that's what I'd like to shoot for.

I have about 5 OSTs for Kinnikuman and am willing to get more. If you know the themes you need, I could be able to help.

Also, which movie are you all dubbing?

edit- Nevermind about which movie, I found the thread.

Edited by max powerz, 23 August 2006 - 07:50 PM.

I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#208 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 07:52 PM

Number Six: Sheeyitstorm in New York

#209 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:06 AM

BTW... It's over now. This week we saw a preview of the horrid Pinata show, and next week a 4 part Yugioh rerun....

oh goody.. :roxanne:
Posted Image

#210 Chibibee

Chibibee

Diva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:23 AM

Methink's I'll be avoiding 4Kids TV like the plague now; with no Ultimate Muscle or good Ninja Turtles *refuses to watch this Fast Forward...stuff*, there's nothing to keep me watching right now. Pinata's and fairies and Bratz just ain't gonna cut it.

I hope Teletoon and YTV will have some good Saturday programming this fall....

Edited by Chibibee, 30 August 2006 - 09:24 AM.

#211 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 12:39 PM

Turtles Fast Forward isn't great, but I'll still watch it (you can blame Playmates for that one... it was their idea). Pinata is a crummy show based on a video game that isn't even going to hit stores until November... and everything else (except maybe GI Joe) is dodgey as hell. No wonder 4 Kids is losing money.

They could at least bring back their crappy dub of One Piece. They gave UM 2 good seasons, and reran it. They nipped One Piece in the bud, and now it's on cable.

Glad they didn't get Naruto and Bo-bobo.
Posted Image

#212 Imp

Imp

Cranky Gorillaz Gal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2367 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:50 PM

Unless Bishop shows up in the future, I don't particularly care if I watch TMNT, myself.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Congratulations! Taxes, titles, licenses, and fees, not included.

My Live Journal. Because obviously you need to know how my day went. How's yours?

#213 Chibibee

Chibibee

Diva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:18 PM

Playmates just wants another Ninja Turtle toy set to sell. They had another 13(?) perfectly good episodes of the TMNT show, and pulled that in favor of Fast Forward *twitches* All of those 'lost episodes' better be on ONE dvd when it comes out. Far as I'm concerned, UM and TMNT are the only truely decent things 4Kids have put out since 2000 (well, Shaman King wasn't horrible). Look what they did to my precious One Piece....*sobs* I wouldn't even wish that kind of defamation on Naruto!

Oh, and Imp, I wouldn't be totally shocked if Bishop showed up in Fast Forward. He already lived FOREVER in TMNT, wouldn't surprise me if he kept it up another century. :p

(this part goes back to UM topic)....speaking of keeping it up, who here would like to be able to watch some UM eps even when not on air? PM me if you do. *won't say why, due to being told to be discreet* :)

Edited by Chibibee, 30 August 2006 - 03:23 PM.

#214 Matto

Matto

D:<

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:05 PM

I have told people before, 4kids can sometimes do good things, but then they kick that in the gutter and do awful things *coughonepeicecough*. I fully agree with Chibibee, TMNT and UM were the only good things 4kid$ had going for them, and they replaced them with...time travel and talking party animals. :rolleyes:

Excuse me while I sit in the corner and cry.
Mantaro gasped as Kid pulled him closer, reaching for his mask.

#215 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:11 PM

Playmates just wants another Ninja Turtle toy set to sell. They had another 13(?) perfectly good episodes of the TMNT show, and pulled that in favor of Fast Forward *twitches* All of those 'lost episodes' better be on ONE dvd when it comes out. Far as I'm concerned, UM and TMNT are the only truely decent things 4Kids have put out since 2000 (well, Shaman King wasn't horrible). Look what they did to my precious One Piece....*sobs* I wouldn't even wish that kind of defamation on Naruto!

I must say, if 4Kids has ONE thing going for them, they have pretty damn good voice actors. Most every other dub has such wooden delivery and no emotion or character voice depth. That's the only good thing I can say about the One Piece dub. I'm not so upset about that as I am that they effed up the marketting and now it's not even popular anymore.

I agree. 4Kids can do pretty good things...

they do bring over good shows (they slaughter most of them, tho), they did give Kids WB a run for their money at one point. For no apparent reason, they reran the Back to the Future cartoon, saving me hundreds of bucks on tape trades. And I gotta admit, the TMNT would just be nostalgic T-shirts and old DVD's if not for them. Plus, I did like their dub of Kirby.

But then they got into the "gender role stereotype" garbage cartoons I was glad were left in the 80's. Winx, Bratz, Do Re Me (given the fact the toys didn't sell, I'm not thinking it's coming back). I liked Mew Mew to some extent, and it was the prize of the girls shows, but they canned that one right away.

Now their new overhyped fall back show is about talking Pinatas, based on a video game that doesn't even come out until november. And they wonder why they're losing money.

And to top it all off, TMNT was dropping because WB had to rape the Looney Tunes into some sort of garbage pseudo-anime thingy that makes no sense, and isn't even original.
Posted Image

#216 Chibibee

Chibibee

Diva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:45 PM

4Kids DOES have good VA's, but sometimes they go a little overboard in stereotyping a character. Like Bokuto no Ryu's italian/spanish/whut? accent, or some of Terry's 'Texan talk' (don't get me wrong, Terry was done well, they just sometimes overdid the way he talked).

I liked what they did with TMNT's roles, and they did well with Zoro's voice in One Piece; heck, the VA's even many Funky Cops seem a quarter decent sometimes! If there were only minor problems like that, I could live with 4Kids...

But they change SO MUCH STUFF in some of thier shows, like you said. The most major surgery done to a show has been OP so far as I know. Removing blood and weaponry, cutting episode arcs that were actually part of the series and had meaningful parts (filler eps I can forgive, but they got rid of LITTLE GARDEN! *fumes*) I don't know as much about Yu Gi Oh and Mew Mew Power, but I've heard they chopped that up too (couldn't they have kept the name Tokyo Mew Mew? C'mon, it's IN TOKYO!). It seems like anime gets the brunt of thier snipping....now they're bringing in stuff like Viva Piniata? 4Kids' age limit just went from 7+ to about 4+.

I have alot of respect for Funimation in this regard. Sure, sometimes they miss on the dub VA mark (my poor Kuwabara...*sniff*), but for the most part, they get it right matching a good voice to a good character. They're keeping the swears in thier dialogue, and when they put out DVD's, they give uncut versions with the blood and swears and original japanese for those who might want to have the untouched version of the show. They've good jobs on FMA, YYH, and even Detective Conan for the most part...4Kids usually pretends the show didn't exist before they got thier grubby hands on it, which makes me wonder why the creators would hand their masterpieces over (if they any say, that is)?

.....Oh god, Loonatics. Canada finally got that this fall via Teletoon; I wish we hadn't. My poor childhood has been hacked, chopped, and turned into a radioactive "Batman Beyond on crack" knockoff! *dies*

Edited by Chibibee, 08 September 2006 - 06:46 PM.

#217 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:20 PM

4Kids DOES have good VA's, but sometimes they go a little overboard in stereotyping a character. Like Bokuto no Ryu's italian/spanish/whut? accent, or some of Terry's 'Texan talk' (don't get me wrong, Terry was done well, they just sometimes overdid the way he talked).

I liked what they did with TMNT's roles, and they did well with Zoro's voice in One Piece; heck, the VA's even many Funky Cops seem a quarter decent sometimes! If there were only minor problems like that, I could live with 4Kids...

I thouhgt Terryman Sr. had a rough voice half the time. He sounded pretty bad in the Chojin Olympics Prelims episode he was in. And Funky Cops was bloody amazing. I didn't even realize it wasn't American. They really get to stretch with TMNT, since they aren't doing "dubbing". I think they might do the storyboard/animatic reads.

I do say, I like how they made Ren, from China, British. That's stupid, but cracks me up.

I remeber hearing how Funimation was in a bidding war with other studios over the rights to One Piece and Naruto and lost both. Naruto is hugely popular and released on Uncut DVD's. One Piece has sad Mattel action figuers (some were actually decent, but not worth that much) and edited DVD's (though that may be Toei and Viz's fault as well).

I will say, I like what they did with Kirby. I actually saw the Japanese openings and closings on Youtube, and they were too... bubbly and girly and J-Pop-y. Plus, ironically they put that back, and I think they're committed to having them on for a while.

>>.....Oh god, Loonatics. Canada finally got that this fall via Teletoon; I wish we hadn't. My poor childhood has been hacked, chopped, and turned into a radioactive "Batman Beyond on crack" knockoff! *dies*<<

What's worse, they're trying to make season 2 more comedy oriented, and they have villains based on Yosemite Sam and Sylvester. iF I had to helm the damn project, I'd've at least attempted to make the show a satire of action shows, instead of making them exactly like one. At least Coconutbob Coconutpants Copywrite infringement Island is gone.
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com