ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:59 AM

Tbh $120 seems pretty steep for a clear carp. $50-75 range always seemed to be the accepted median price over the past few years

#2 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:29 AM

That's awesome dude! Are you going to post pics of the rare TF score you got?

Thanks man. I will post my rare Transformers on my Hasbro G. I. Joe / Transformers history blog page. I'll link you. I deleted all the pictures and I am slowly rebuilding it. Looks pretty awesome in my book lol https://www.facebook...f_type=bookmark Its a side hobby :p

Tbh $120 seems pretty steep for a clear carp. $50-75 range always seemed to be the accepted median price over the past few years

I saw the projected price and I didn't notice any of them running that price range at all. I kept seeing all the moc ones running for over $300 and I thought that was ridiculous. I kept looking and looking but it seemed the only rare BBs hit yahoo Japan and I was not sure how to work that yet. When I saw this one, I thought about the condition, it being complete and having the sticker and I decided to bite the bullet. Its slowly climbing price with most BBs anyway so I won't have to worry that much. Plus the thing had 14 watchers so I felt pressured lol

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#3 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:46 PM

Don´t think this is really fair, first of all I´ve never seen a complete Clear Carp (with original sticker (rub)) and in good condition sell for $50 in the past months or years and the ones that did always had issues resulting in the decrease of its value. Its true there have been a few that sold for $75 but on the other hand there´ve also been a few that sold for $175 so if you shine your light on the bargain finds in relation to the price mentioned here it is also worth mentioning the other side of the prices for which this figure also has been sold. 

So with these facts I think $120 is a good and fair price considering its a figure in good condition and I´m sure you´ll be proud adding him to your collection.

But if you somehow might have doubts or questions about pricing in the future feel free to ask around on the board or ask some 2nd opinions around and don´t pay to much attention to the number of watchers on a certain listing because this is not always valid as it could´ve ended without bids or BIN even with 14 watchers so that doesn´t mean a thing. 

Hope you´ll get your first rare BB in soon and share some pics.

Enjoy the Beasts!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#4 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:43 PM

Don´t think this is really fair, first of all I´ve never seen a complete Clear Carp (with original sticker (rub)) and in good condition sell for $50 in the past months or years and the ones that did always had issues resulting in the decrease of its value. Its true there have been a few that sold for $75 but on the other hand there´ve also been a few that sold for $175 so if you shine your light on the bargain finds in relation to the price mentioned here it is also worth mentioning the other side of the prices for which this figure also has been sold. 

I disagree. I've heard multiple knowledgeable collectors quote the range I mentioned as a reasonable price. What I think it "fair" is sharing the actual values, prices paid, and relevant opinions regarding these things with other collectors. Would you pay $120 for one GJ?

That aside, there's these from like a week ago:

$130 for complete boxed set

$199 for complete  boxed set

Edited by bachamn, 19 July 2014 - 04:43 PM.

#5 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:53 AM

I disagree. I've heard multiple knowledgeable collectors quote the range I mentioned as a reasonable price. What I think it "fair" is sharing the actual values, prices paid, and relevant opinions regarding these things with other collectors. Would you pay $120 for one GJ?

That aside, there's these from like a week ago:

$130 for complete boxed set

$199 for complete  boxed set

What is fair for one person might not be fair for the other one etc. but what´s important here is that it sounded as if you´re trying to take away a bit of the victory feeling that our new BB collector friend expressed here showing his first rare BB. Its true that we might know more about prices etc since we´re around a little longer but that doesn´t mean we´ve the right to judge or devaluate a purchase of a new collectors who feels he has purchased a nice item for his collection. If I think I did well and someone else suddenly shows up telling you might´ve gotten it for 50% less or more I don´t think that´s a very supporting way so maybe I´ve interpret it completely wrong but that´s what it looked like from my point of view.

I´ve paid $200 for a BB posted back in the days when I was new in the world of BB collecting due to the fact I was bidding up against another rookie resulting in an insanely high price for an item that´s worth $50 or just a bit more!? All I try to say is that in some cases the value of winning or adding a certain item to your collection is much more meaningful than the fact someone is pointing at the insane price you paid while for you at that moment in time it still felt like a victory. I remember I was pretty happy winning that poster back in the days but due to the rumors going around of an idiot paying that much for a poster, and the highest price ever, the whole feeling of victory and happiness was taken away instantly because of those comments. The poster is still great and I still love it and even though there´s a big chance I wouldn´t pay $200 for it anymore now I still don´t regret that purchase!

This poster thing is an extreme situation so when we look at the Clear Carp here and the pricing of it I really don´t see to much problems because those boxes ones you mention did indeed included a mint Clear Carp (I assume) but with prices of $130 (which is cheap I agree) and $199 the value that represents the Clear Carp in those sets is still way above the $50 - $75 you mention. For box sets like these I´d say 80% of the value is based upon the rare figure inside so that would still result at a price of $100 for the Clear Carp in the case of the $130 sale. But that´s just my two cents and if I´d have the funds and get a shot at a mint Clear Carp for $100 I´d have no problem taking it down even now.

But we both know there´s a huge difference in prices people are willing/able to pay for certain items so that´s something we´ve to respect and I wont judge a purchase of a new collector regardless the price paid because I´ve had my own experience in the past.

That said and if your patient enough you might still be able to find a Clear Carp for $50 someday but none knows when and were and if it shows up your probably not the only one on the hunt for it........ 

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#6 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:07 AM

What is fair for one person might not be fair for the other one etc. but what´s important here is that it sounded as if you´re trying to take away a bit of the victory feeling that our new BB collector friend expressed here showing his first rare BB. Its true that we might know more about prices etc since we´re around a little longer but that doesn´t mean we´ve the right to judge or devaluate a purchase of a new collectors who feels he has purchased a nice item for his collection. If I think I did well and someone else suddenly shows up telling you might´ve gotten it for 50% less or more I don´t think that´s a very supporting way so maybe I´ve interpret it completely wrong but that´s what it looked like from my point of view.

classic move from our newest member and archeologist. I am amazed at the amount of negativity that is accepted by the community from this guy. Here we have a new member proud to announce a victory in his collection and Debbie downer always puts in his two sense. But it goes to show what a different place this has become over the last two years. I agree let this man have a moment of glory for his newest addition. Dont steal the moment with your bullshit antics.

Let me also add the last time I seen a carp sale for $50-$75 was probably seven or eight years ago. Prices have definitely increased. come back to the future.

But to get back on topic congrats on the new carp and remember your collection is worth what you are willing to pay for it. So what if you spend a few more dollars to complete it. No one is judging you accept one person that you can ignore.

Edited by SaltLakeToyJunkee, 20 July 2014 - 09:22 AM.

#7 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:13 AM

You should ask him to sellyou his for $50. It would be interesting to see the outcome.

#8 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:20 AM

Welcome back SLTJ. Please try to tone down the personal comments, thanks :)
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#9 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

Attached File  Again.jpg   15.3K   0 downloads

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#10 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:18 PM

I sold mine for $75 late last year.  Ive seen this guy go cheap, especially if there are better Beasts available at the time, but if its the only nice one on ebay or YJA i still see him around $100.

#11 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

Personally, I like having different peoples opinions on the matter of pricing. You never know if the guy on the other end has a hidden agenda, (unless you know them well, of course), and pricing is relatively subjective. As is clearly shown here, there are varying degrees on the "actual" value of a clear carp figure.

Bach didn't like the general consensus of the post and backed it up with two auctions. Both auctions ended in this same month, so the statement of "it's been X since it sold for that" is clearly false. i think we can all agree the complete set is worth more than the single figure. I didn't see anybody else trying to prove their own prices in the thread.

Bachs statement could be taken one of two ways: Trying to inform a fellow member or "ruining" his glory. Since NTS is a new member, and new to the Battle Beast line, I felt he was just trying to help to educate him. This is my personal view, it doesn't have to be shared.

It's great to see that you've jumped right back into blatantly insulting people, SLTJ. Take it up with Bach in PMs, but leave that crap off of the board. This place has actually been awesome and drama free for quite awhile until now. Maybe this place is changing for the better.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#12 Skullcruncher

Skullcruncher

Transformer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:23 AM

I'd be happy to pay for one at 75 but being in Australia its tough finding buyers so I doubt I'd be able to sell one for that.

#13 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

Firs off I wonder who´s been responsible for splitting up this subject from the original topic it was in because I don´t seen anything wrong in a discussion about a price issue vs. the value of the victory feeling of adding a new item to the collection which was evoked by the initial post and the comments on it. With this topic as stand alone things fall out of place and I´m not to happy with topics suddenly splitting up due to some moderator who feels to do so........... Hope someone can explain who decided to do this and why and if these actions are discussed among the mods or if this is just a thing every moderator can do on its own!? 

Back to the topic as I don´t want to throw mud around and I assume it might even have been a misinterpretation from my side but I just wanted to ventilate my thoughts in regards to this issue in which the price paid was imho inferior to the victory feeling a new member was sharing. If there would´ve been an extreme difference I can understand people come up with price differences but I don´t really see a big and shocking difference here.

Bach didn't like the general consensus of the post and backed it up with two auctions. Both auctions ended in this same month, so the statement of "it's been X since it sold for that" is clearly false. i think we can all agree the complete set is worth more than the single figure. I didn't see anybody else trying to prove their own prices in the thread.

´´Didn´t like the general consensus´´ !? Correct me if I´m wrong but there was not reason at all to suddenly come up with a price comparison anyway. The guy was sharing his story and others were just complimenting him with his new addition without blaming him or pointing him at a direction where he might´ve paid $20 to much! C´mon what are we talking about and me reply followed directly on the one of Bachamn simply because I felt there was no need to come up with such a reply as there was first of all no question for it and second and maybe the most important of all it certainly wasn´t the moment for it looking at the happiness this purchase evoked. That´s why I shared my thoughts on it and I think Bachamn knows well enough that all he should´ve done there was to congratulate him with a nice addition to the collection instead of (out of the blue) placing a comment on the price issue directly influencing and ruining the feeling of victory for which that topic was probably posted in the first place.

When it comes to price we all have our own ideas as mentioned before and its all our good right and its respected by everyone as well, at least I hope. Coming up with two links of recent prices showing how ´´cheap´´ the Clear Carp actually is in an attempt to take down my opinion and my thoughts is fine with me as long as its a fair link showing indeed that cheap ass Carp for $50 or $75 because that´s not shown there. We all know boxsets are more expensive than loose figures but in case of the cheapest boxset $130 I can´t believe someone would spend $80 on just the box and the figs inside while the Carp (representing $50 in your opinions) is left out or am I wrong!? So please don´t spread falls hope or list your own Clear Carp out here for $50 or $75 and I´ll personally buy it from you. At this moment in time those prices are certainly not the standard and if you find them for it your probably lucky or find a bargain but please don´t create a price guide out of the blue based on the lucky few who did find it for that price because the others probably paid more for it and in todays market $125 for a complete Clear Carp in good condition ain´t to bad at all.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#14 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:27 AM

Firs off I wonder who´s been responsible for splitting up this subject from the original topic it was in because I don´t seen anything wrong in a discussion about a price issue vs. the value of the victory feeling of adding a new item to the collection which was evoked by the initial post and the comments on it. With this topic as stand alone things fall out of place and I´m not to happy with topics suddenly splitting up due to some moderator who feels to do so........... Hope someone can explain who decided to do this and why and if these actions are discussed among the mods or if this is just a thing every moderator can do on its own!? 

That would be the creator of the site, JKaris who moved it. He even posted to that effect in the original thread. 

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#15 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

That would be the creator of the site, JKaris who moved it. He even posted to that effect in the original thread.

Yeah Jkaris split it because he could tell as much as anyone else it was going to head into an argument, so not to ruin the new guys thunder, he moved the pricing part of the discussion to a separate thread, which I think was the right thing to do. I have overpaid for various things to my various collections and when I did so, even after I found an auction later on for the same piece for going cheaper, I did not regret paying what I did, when I did, because at that time I wanted said item, to either complete my collection or make it one step closer to being complete. It just depends how bad at the time you wanted your collection to be more complete, to some its worth it to pay more now rather than pay less later if it means getting a more complete collection and ensure that you will have the piece instead of risk never finding it again. To me the pricing is all suggestive for the individual buyer depending on their motivation at the time of what stage they are at in their collecting.

Edited by FANtomCore, 21 July 2014 - 04:20 PM.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#16 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:48 PM

I posted this in the original thread, but am reposting it here for you guys.

Guys, Nerdiest was posting because he was pretty excited about his first non-standard BB item. He wasn't asking about whether or not he underpaid/overpaid, etc.

If your price discussion had only been a couple posts, it would not have been split out. But because it went on for quite a few posts, it then warranted it's own thread, so as not to derail nerdiest's thread.

Since it was a full blown price discussion (and thanks to SLTJ, looked like it was about to become an argument), it belongs in the "What's it Worth?" section.

When I split and moved it, I left a link to the new thread in this forum, so even if you never visit the price section, you would still see it in the BB/LB forum listing.

#17 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:18 AM

Meant to police this a little more, Karis, but I came home to no internets.
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#18 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:19 PM

I have no issues with it but I can understand why it was moved.

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com