119 replies to this topic

#101 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:54 AM

Any updates on pics of the solid, smooth finish plastics?

I think the designs are absolutely gorgeous but the sandstone plastic, while pretty remarkable to replicate color like that, doesn't quite do the models justice. I'm thinking of ordering a few of the solids and painting them to match the colored versions but was wondering how that surface would handle paint.

Also, TrentTroop - do any of the weapons in your Shapeways store work for the BBs?

No pics of the smooth plastics yet. If you want to test out in them, I welcome it!

Any of the 3mm weapons should work (though the sandstone prints might need sanding inside the fists, since they're not great at holding tolerances). 

-

As to the Strong-and-Flexible delays, apparently they're relocating one of their facilities and it's the primary one Shapeways uses for that print type. Thus, everything is delayed in that material. I ordered my Muty McFly sandstone print and a Strong and Flexible Sixshot in Weapon Mode at the same time, then a week later ordered four sandstone prints (Stego, Styraco, Fly and Allosaur). The second order came in last week, the first order won't come in for another week and a half.

Edited by TrentTroop, 04 November 2014 - 09:00 AM.

#102 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:52 PM

I just received shipping confirmation of my order! I only got first class shipping to save a bit of money, so it iwll probably be another week before I get it. Once I do, i'll snap some nice pics as soon as I can.

Here's what I got:

- Terrifying Tyrannosaurus (Colored Sandstone), Full Color

- Tampager Rex (Strong & Flexible, Polished) in Green

- Atomic Allosaur (Strong & Flexible, Polished) in Red

- Stab-Happy Stegosaur (Strong & Flexible, Polished) in Yellow

#103 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:15 PM

tumblr_neut69F1ay1sktul3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_neut69F1ay1sktul3o4_500.jpg

tumblr_neut69F1ay1sktul3o2_500.jpg

tumblr_neut69F1ay1sktul3o3_500.jpg

He’s pretty sweet, the orange printed beautifully, to the point that its a bright enough orange to be a problem for digital photography. 

#104 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:51 AM

The design on this guy departs a bit from what I would consider a Battle Beast and with that design and punny name it could be an OMFG submission.

Nonetheless, I like it :)

#105 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:58 AM

The design on this guy departs a bit from what I would consider a Battle Beast and with that design and punny name it could be an OMFG submission.

Nonetheless, I like it :)

Yeah, I had considered making him more M.U.S.C.L.E.-esq, scaling him down slightly and so forth, but for now he's at least the size and general format of a Battle Beast. I might do a revised version the next time OMFG has a submission setup. 

#106 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:52 PM

I got my four figures in this week. And I must say, they are fantastic! I loved the colored sandstone as a great display piece. and the strong and flexible beasts are lightweight, but still relatively strong. Monday, I'll take some good pics of them to show you guys.

Trent, thanks again for making some absolutely fantastic figures!

#107 Timpopkid

Timpopkid

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:13 PM

When the full color plastic option becomes available, will it be for the larger 2" currently only available as sandstone Battle Beast sized ones? Or will it only be for a colored option of the current smaller plastic ones? They look great.

Instagram / Twitter: @TimPopKid

#108 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:46 PM

When the full color plastic option becomes available, will it be for the larger 2" currently only available as sandstone Battle Beast sized ones? Or will it only be for a colored option of the current smaller plastic ones? They look great.

I've included the color data with everything, so when it becomes an option you'll be able to get color versions with the moving arms or single-piece minis.

#109 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:06 AM

I got mine in and I love them lol shapeways did send them in this GIGANTUOUS box and I was cracking up when I saw it was only two guys

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#110 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:48 AM

I may have gone too far.

tumblr_nfj26lLV901sktul3o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nfj26lLV901sktul3o2_1280.jpg

Meet Bleater, of the Ghoatbusters.

This figure is currently available in beta for testing for no markup. Once it is confirmed to work, the other three Ghoatbusters will be released in both one-piece colored sandstone releases and multi-part Strong and Flexible Plastic kits. 

Edited by TrentTroop, 24 November 2014 - 01:50 AM.

#111 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:39 AM

Just put in an order for several figures I haven't been able to order yet (Bleater Venkram, Radioactive Roach).

Just a heads up, Shapeways is running a special from now through Sunday. Free US shipping and a $10 credit towards a future purchase. If you've been on the fence re: picking up one of my designs, now may be the time.

#112 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:43 PM

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?

tumblr_nfx5sf6fJD1sktul3o1_1280.jpg

Shapeways is doing 20% off today with checkout code CYBER20.

#113 Bigmantoys

Bigmantoys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:42 PM

Love these! The Mc Fly guy is siiiiick!

www.bigmantoys.co.uk

If you've ever seen a one trick pony then you've seen me.

#114 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:44 PM

Hey everyone,

Here are my photos of my four Combat Creatures that I picked up from Shapeways.

The colored sandstone is by far my favorite. It looks absolutely amazing! It does have a sand/grit texture to it, although to be honest it looks just more like a scaly texture to the T-Rex. It has a good weight to it as well. Everything else that I have thats 3D printed is in plastic and feels very very light. This has a great, heavier feel in your hand. And it really retains the detail of the 3D file pics really nicely. Lots of great, really fine details on him, like around the teeth and eye piece. I haven't trying applying any pressure to it, but it does feel like it would be rather brittle if one were to carry it around. But it looks great on display next to other Battle Beasts.

The strong, flexible and polished plastic is also really nice, but in a different way. I apologize that they appear a little dirty in the picture, but I have been carrying them around in my coat pocket for the last week. I was curious about their strength. They feel very very light, almost as light as high detail resin casts that I have, which are normally extremely fragile. So I was curious about how they deal with being handled, played with and carried around. They really hold up! No breaks or anything. They are deceptively strong. However, what they gain in strength, they do sacrifice a bit in detail. Some of the finer details of the sculpt are lost a little bit, like the teeth on the trex/carnosaur. Having both Trexs side by side, I can really see the strength versus detail between them. The colors on them are very intense. To create the color, the figure is actually printed in solid white plastic material, and then coated in colored paint/dye, but doesn't look painted. They actually look very similar to how color would look on a crayon. Because of the intensity of the color, they are really difficult to photograph. They tend to wash out quite a bit under any sort of lighting. I had to take pictures of them under completly indirect lighting just to be able to get something. I did the best I could do.

Overall, I am absolutely loving these guys! Having both a sandstone and strong, flexible plastic, I have decided that I will be getting two of each character. One in Sandtone to put on my display shelves along side my other battle beasts and customs. And one in solid color strong flexible to be able to carry around and pose and what not.

I hope the pics are clear enough for you guys!

Eric

Attached File  CC Purple Front.jpg   83.24K   30 downloads Attached File  CC Purple Side.jpg   82.53K   30 downloads Attached File  CC Purple CU.jpg   44.09K   32 downloads

Attached File  CC Green Combined Touched Up.jpg   72.12K   32 downloads Attached File  CC Green Back.jpg   91.08K   32 downloads

Attached File  CC Red Front.jpg   76.25K   27 downloads Attached File  CC Red Back.jpg   64.21K   24 downloads Attached File  CC Red Right.jpg   71.65K   13 downloads Attached File  CC Red Side.jpg   79.98K   24 downloads

Attached File  CC Yellow Right.jpg   84.55K   25 downloads Attached File  CC Yellow Back.jpg   76.87K   21 downloads Attached File  CC Yellow Side.jpg   69.98K   14 downloads

Attached Files

#115 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:50 PM

Hey everyone,

Here are my photos of my four Combat Creatures that I picked up from Shapeways.

The colored sandstone is by far my favorite. It looks absolutely amazing! It does have a sand/grit texture to it, although to be honest it looks just more like a scaly texture to the T-Rex. It has a good weight to it as well. Everything else that I have thats 3D printed is in plastic and feels very very light. This has a great, heavier feel in your hand. And it really retains the detail of the 3D file pics really nicely. Lots of great, really fine details on him, like around the teeth and eye piece. I haven't trying applying any pressure to it, but it does feel like it would be rather brittle if one were to carry it around. But it looks great on display next to other Battle Beasts.

The strong, flexible and polished plastic is also really nice, but in a different way. I apologize that they appear a little dirty in the picture, but I have been carrying them around in my coat pocket for the last week. I was curious about their strength. They feel very very light, almost as light as high detail resin casts that I have, which are normally extremely fragile. So I was curious about how they deal with being handled, played with and carried around. They really hold up! No breaks or anything. They are deceptively strong. However, what they gain in strength, they do sacrifice a bit in detail. Some of the finer details of the sculpt are lost a little bit, like the teeth on the trex/carnosaur. Having both Trexs side by side, I can really see the strength versus detail between them. The colors on them are very intense. To create the color, the figure is actually printed in solid white plastic material, and then coated in colored paint/dye, but doesn't look painted. They actually look very similar to how color would look on a crayon. Because of the intensity of the color, they are really difficult to photograph. They tend to wash out quite a bit under any sort of lighting. I had to take pictures of them under completly indirect lighting just to be able to get something. I did the best I could do.

Overall, I am absolutely loving these guys! Having both a sandstone and strong, flexible plastic, I have decided that I will be getting two of each character. One in Sandtone to put on my display shelves along side my other battle beasts and customs. And one in solid color strong flexible to be able to carry around and pose and what not.

I hope the pics are clear enough for you guys!

Eric

Neat! Would you mind if I posted your pics of Terrifying Tyrannosaurus to Facebook and Tumblr? I don't have my own in that format yet and it would be nice to show off.

Did you get your strong-and-flexible prints in the full size or the mini?

#116 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:47 PM

Neat! Would you mind if I posted your pics of Terrifying Tyrannosaurus to Facebook and Tumblr? I don't have my own in that format yet and it would be nice to show off.

Did you get your strong-and-flexible prints in the full size or the mini?

No problem! Go for it!

As for the strong and flexible, I have them in full size

#117 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:13 PM

tumblr_nhmar0z0rt1sktul3o2_500.jpg
tumblr_nhmar0z0rt1sktul3o3_500.jpg

tumblr_nhmar0z0rt1sktul3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_nhmar0z0rt1sktul3o4_500.jpg

tumblr_nhmar0z0rt1sktul3o6_500.jpg

tumblr_nhmar0z0rt1sktul3o7_500.jpg

tumblr_nhmar0z0rt1sktul3o5_500.jpg

Both figures printed in Shapeways’ full color sandstone. Occasional printing issues caused me to re-position his unmutated legs and reinforce his hips and elbows since this print for Radioactive Roach.

Unlikable Unicorn was going to be a Friendship is Magic mashup figure for SuperFanArt, but they have a no mashups rule, so it got further mashed up to drift the concept, and voila, a little Cyclops in there.

You can check out Unlikeable Unicorn here and Radioactive Roach here, with the rest of the Combat Creatures here.

#118 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:55 PM

I wonder if there is any Bronies on this site LOL!! No hate or anything , I can't stand bullies who pick on people for what they like!

I just don't understand how grown men can watch a little girls cartoon show!

Good Job on the designs as usual man!!!

Edited by 108KickBack, 03 January 2015 - 04:06 PM.

#119 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:36 PM

Not hating on the Bronies, but I do bet they brodown at times. Hahaa.....

#120 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:52 PM

If you've wanted to grab some of these guys, Shapeways has a 10% off one order coupon code: THANKYOU10 

Combat Creatures

I'm working on some new ones, but there have been some BMOG developments that have been keeping me busy.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com