22 replies to this topic

#1 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 12:29 PM

i don't understand the supposed 'rarity' of the purple claw.
could somebody explaing the actual rarity, or at least speculated rarity behind this guy?

#2 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 12:37 PM

Well, for so many years now, it has been questioned if all muscles were made in all colors, or at the very least, if some molds were made in all colors.
So alot of people have been trying to get aset of one guy in all colors.
The hand is by far the most popular yet.
Beligerant, Doc_Moors_J and Arforbes are all trying to accomplish that feat.

And up until last year noone had a purple claw, noone had even seen one, except on the color poster. Then 2 popped up within a months time. But as far as anyone knows, there are only 2 (so far, I'm sure there are more).

Same with the Magenta, except only one person once claimed to have one, but he is gone and no one had ever seen it. But no one has one.

#3 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 12:45 PM

wow, thanks!
stuff like that makes me wonder, if they did stuff like that on purpose...
or if there is other color based anomolies...
(off topic, i just spotted a mullet...)

i have never seen a red warsman... i have been looking really hard, but to date, none. just one of those things, i guess.

#4 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 11 March 2003 - 01:08 PM

Yeah, there are a few guys that I am only two colors away from having the full spectrum. #3 Sunshine is one of them. I need purple and Magenta. It seems by looking at my spread sheet of all my colors they did not really have an organised way of choosing which guys were made in which colors, what I am saying is I can not see any kind of pattern, and I have enough that I should be able to. I wonder though, because it seems like I will get a hundred of the same guy in the same color before I get something else. So I am pretty certain that some guys were definately made with more colors than other. I can win a lot of like a hundred colored guys and only end up needing a few of them. It sucks. I have always wondered how they decided how many of each colors. As far as the colors themselves go, it seems to be pretty even. My lists of colors are only about 15 or so apart per colors. Basically what I am saying, is I do not know anything ahahahahaha. But I want a purple and magenta sunshine #3, I kind think the purple claw sucks now because EVERYBODY is after it. What I would really like is Goriki #63 in all colors.

#5 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 03:30 PM

Same with the Magenta, except only one person once claimed to have one, but he is gone and no one had ever seen it. But no one has one.

Who had the Magenta? I did not even know that there was one ever sighted. :lol:

:D
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#6 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2003 - 03:36 PM

Doc are you kidding? You need a Purple #3? The block guy waving his left hand, right?

I think I have one. :lol:

#7 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 03:51 PM

It is just beyond belief, ive touched upon this before, but i dont understand why we have never found 1 figure in all nine colours. With the amount of coloured figures arforbes has you would think there would be at least one full set but we dont seem to have a full set between us. we need to nail this once and for all otherwise i may go mad. i mean i had so many salmon #29s they were coming out my ears yet i never found him in any other color. Damn Mattel! Damn em to hell and back!
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#8 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 04:15 PM

The Purple Claw was a special mail-away only offer that you had to redeem for with one full flesh set. The offer was only valid from June 6, 1984 to April 5th, 1985. It was also regional- it was only offered in Japan and Australia. The Purple Claw is the ratest MUSCLE figure, more so than Black Hole Sunshine, Spinning Head Ashura, or Drunken Master. As far as we know, maybe two or three exist in the world.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 04:20 PM

The Purple Claw was a special mail-away only offer that you had to redeem for with one full flesh set. The offer was only valid from June 6, 1984 to April 5th, 1985. It was also regional- it was only offered in Japan and Australia. The Purple Claw is the ratest MUSCLE figure, more so than Black Hole Sunshine, Spinning Head Ashura, or Drunken Master. As far as we know, maybe two or three exist in the world.

that reminds me of my
"by 1 get 3 free, offer not valid on earth, batteries not included,
some assemmbler required. made in atlantis"

anyway
just like any character some are made less in 1 color then others.
personally i'm looking for a few characters in all colors.

but my prized one is #182 i want as many as i can with as many colors as possible (including kinnikuman colors)

right now i only have 2 in purple , but i soooo want them in all colors
ever made
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#10 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 06:11 PM

Haha! Very funnny Ridureyu. Heehee! :lol:

Are you sure about this? :D

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#11 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 06:12 PM

Doc are you kidding? You need a Purple #3? The block guy waving his left hand, right?

I think I have one. :lol:

Yeah that's the one he needs! You have one! Holy crap! Doc, only one to go if you can arrange something with Veers! :D

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#12 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 09:14 PM

Twice so far in one day and the second time (this time) I LMAO. You know what its just quite possible that the purple claw underwent a mass genocide like each one in each color. I know its a stretch but alot of you tell stories of how you have dismanteled all your muscles when you were little.
Oh i forgot to mention when i was cleaning mine in teh bathroom here someone said i had hundreds of them when i was little. I shoulda asked him if he still had some and was willing to sell.... Damn.
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#13 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 11:03 AM

I think I have one. :o

So Veers,

Did you end up having a Purple Sunshine #3 for Doc Moore? I am curious to see if one of us had this figure all along. :lol:

That would be sweet for Doc if you are willing to trade!

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#14 WhoDatMuscle

WhoDatMuscle

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 12:07 PM

i have never seen a red warsman... i have been looking really hard, but to date, none. just one of those things, i guess.

Any particular Warsman? I have a red #218.
"I'm drivin' the hell outta this truck!"

#15 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 12:12 PM

drop me a pm, and we'll see what we can work out...

#16 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2003 - 12:35 PM

The Purple #3 is sitting right in front of me.

But now I have a problem. Both Doc and evom are interested in it.

#17 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 12:42 PM

If he really really wants it, he can have it. I am pretty certain that I saw a couple of these guys on ebay. One was on a huge lot that I really didn't need or want other than him so I did not want to spend hundreds, although I guess I could have sold them back. I can wait. I am already in enough trouble with the wife thanks to Johnny and his damn romandos ahahahahaha! :lol:

#18 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 12:44 PM

This may be a little of a cross post, but since we are talking trading and all. Did anybody bother to go through the list I had put in the need toys forums? I was offering quite a bit of money for NOT rare figures and I did not get one response. For those saying they do not have money for muscles, you caould have made a killing for just a few figures.

#19 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

Boobie Smooth the Politician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., now just the colored figs since i have a complete flesh set; video games; ebay; work

Posted 12 March 2003 - 02:48 PM

haha, well now im going to check it !
Anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you, Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew - LZ

#20 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 02:49 PM

The Purple #3 is sitting right in front of me.

But now I have a problem. Both Doc and evom are interested in it.

Wow, that's cool! All this time Veers had one.

Do you have a Magenta Claw for Doc Moore or Beligerant1? :angry:

That would be pretty funny if you did, considering we all have searched our asses off for a Magenta Claw #153.

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#21 ApplianceMan

ApplianceMan

Always on Liquify

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 05:33 PM

It is just beyond belief, ive touched upon this before, but i dont understand why we have never found 1 figure in all nine colours.

Isn't it obvious? They released all the flesh ones first, and those were the only color at the time. So since the color figures were released randomly, and all at once, it would have taken nine times longer to release 233 of each color. But they weren't as popular, so they never got around to it. And for all those unsold color MUSCLES left in shops... who knows what happened to them. Which might be why it's so hard to find one of the 100 or 200 purple Claws that were made.

-Of course this ISN'T obvious, and it's just a rough estimate. Even if they had the supply, there was no demand, so many of the colors may not have ever left the factory. But I doubt they purposely produced less purple Claws than other colors/figures.

#22 MuscleMan2003

MuscleMan2003

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 05:47 PM

That's Pretty Cool! I learned a TON about that Purple Guy!!! Geez, I never would have guessed a Purple Claw could be so rare! Thanks Guys!

:(

#23 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 10:39 PM

I am still curious as to who said they had a Magenta Claw? Does anyone remember his name or how we can contact him? -_-

:(
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com